08-22-2008, 05:29 AM   #155
HarjotM
Test Pilot :)
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbletea 4 me View Post
for those that keep saying Nissan/Infiniti reliability is at the german level (which is quite low), what's the prove? i know honda and toyota are hands down most reliable.. i've owned Honda and familie shas had/ stil have Toyota, i agree, nothing touches them. however, i had an 05 G35 coupe and it was nothing but reliable. i havent heard too many reliability issues with Nissans, maybe except the tire feathering issues but those were only on the earlier Z/Gs.. not a big deal considering our bimmers have failed fule pump, overheat, etc.. which sure are much worse than tire feathering..
I know people (friends and family) that have had issues with nissan/infinity and are now staying away from them, not to mention 03 G actually had a failed transmission after only 4800kms AND it was at.

since you say "our bimmers have failed fule pump, overheat, etc.." did your car have any of these issues? knock on the wood mine has been trouble free and its got almost 27k clicks on it. The only japanese cars I would buy blindly would be honda and toyota, hell I might even consider subaru before nissan.
Quote:
i would take my chance with any japanese cars (and that includes Nissan) over any german made cars when it comes to reliability and i can confidently say most would do the same.
you sure you made the right choice this time? im guessing you should have opted for nissan.

ps. I am just wondering why do people come here and compare nissan/infinity with bmw saying that both cars are at the same level and THEN go on saying that nissan/infinity has better reliability. Doesnt that make nissan/infinity better then?
F the bimmer, lets all buy nissan/infinity
On the way: Saphire Black 335i / Coral Red leather Interior / Aluminum Trim / 6 Speed paddle shifters / Active Steer / Logic 7 Sound system / Sports Package/Premium Package / Navigation / Comfort Access / Bluetooth & BMW Assist / Factory Alarm / 3M protection full facial hood protection

With Me: '05 325i Silver Grey with black leather, 5spd Tiptronic , sports package and premium package

'98 Civic EX sedan Dark Green, 4spd auto

Departed: '02 Boxster 'S' Silver with Red leather int, 6spd
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2008, 09:42 PM   #156
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

335>Cooper S>G37
      08-25-2008, 09:46 PM   #157
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
i just test drove it in 6MT. i would be happy driving one. i'd miss a whole lot coming from a M3, but i think it's a very decent car
Appreciate 0