GSG5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5MC (MBB/SS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko M View Post
Allocation should be out this week.
Hope to get more info later today.
Mike - any news? Like you (I think), I’m waiting on an allocation for an X5MC from my dealer. I was hoping it would finally come in January and I know they usually get their vehicle allocations at the beginning of each month.

As of Wednesday, my dealer’s sales rep said he’s checking every day and still nothing.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 12:28 PM   #24
Miko M
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C. 2020 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSG5 View Post
Quote:
Allocation should be out this week.
Hope to get more info later today.
Mike - any news? Like you (I think), I’m waiting on an allocation for an X5MC from my dealer. I was hoping it would finally come in January and I know they usually get their vehicle allocations at the beginning of each month.

As of Wednesday, my dealer’s sales rep said he’s checking every day and still nothing.

Cheers
Surprisedly nothing yet.

Nothing nationwide
      01-10-2020, 12:33 PM   #25
GSG5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Surprisedly nothing yet.

Nothing nationwide
Thank you, sir.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 01:19 PM   #26
Jamal82
Private
Rep
Drives: Coming BMW X5 M

Quote:
Don't worry about English!

Many of us are from different countries including mine self. Born in Wien/ Austria ( Landsmann )

Dealerships needs to get allocation first before they can place a order. Some dealerships get one or more allocations. Some don't get any, which means they have to wait before placing a order in system.

Thanks Mate and Landsmann …. I thought that it is going in that direction but it sounded very weird for me as this car is not limited and everyone can order it from any BMW dealer, but ok....

Did you also ordered one? If yes, we have definitely to meet each other and make Vienna City "unsicher"
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 04:16 PM   #27
Miko M
///M
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Surprisedly nothing yet.

Nothing nationwide
Thank you, sir.
You are welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamal82 View Post
Quote:
Don't worry about English!

Many of us are from different countries including mine self. Born in Wien/ Austria ( Landsmann )

Dealerships needs to get allocation first before they can place a order. Some dealerships get one or more allocations. Some don't get any, which means they have to wait before placing a order in system.

Thanks Mate and Landsmann …. I thought that it is going in that direction but it sounded very weird for me as this car is not limited and everyone can order it from any BMW dealer, but ok....

Did you also ordered one? If yes, we have definitely to meet each other and make Vienna City "unsicher"
Yes, waiting for that allocation slot so they can start building.
I am located In US mein Freund
Moved 20 years ago.
      01-13-2020, 04:29 PM   #28
Miko M
///M
United_States
Rep

This Friday 1/17 is the release for allocation
Looks like the launch cars are coming out first and April will be modifiable orders that will only take few weeks to finish production in US.

So I should get one at the end of April
      01-13-2020, 04:43 PM   #29
GSG5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Looks like the launch cars are coming out first and April will be modifiable orders that will only take few weeks to finish production in US.

Thanks for the info. Just so I understand - is a “launch car” a specific vehicle that already exists today (e.g. the one on display at the LA Auto Show in November)? If so, then that basically means that those with custom builds already entered in the “order bank” with a dealership should expect delivery at the end of April (assuming of course that your respective dealership receives an allocation for such a vehicle on Friday)?

I’m not sure how I’m gonna make until late April, but I’m pretty sure it will be harder on my wife - she’s so sick of hearing about it. I’ve found that wine helps quite a bit.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 05:02 PM   #30
Miko M
///M
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the info. Just so I understand - is a “launch car” a specific vehicle that already exists today (e.g. the one on display at the LA Auto Show in November)? If so, then that basically means that those with custom builds already entered in the “order bank” with a dealership should expect delivery at the end of April (assuming of course that your respective dealership receives an allocation for such a vehicle on Friday)?

I’m not sure how I’m gonna make until late April, but I’m pretty sure it will be harder on my wife - she’s so sick of hearing about it. I’ve found that wine helps quite a bit.
I launched car is what BMW gives to almost every dealership which is most likely fully loaded and you can't change it.

In some cases you can, I was able to get the very 1st F80 launch car that I was able to modify to specs I want.

Don't think you can change it on this launch car, and this should arrive sooner to the dealerships.

I just got M2C last week for mine wife so she is quite for a while and won't complain about mine car
      01-13-2020, 05:41 PM   #31
GSG5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I launched car is what BMW gives to almost every dealership which is most likely fully loaded and you can't change it.

In some cases you can, I was able to get the very 1st F80 launch car that I was able to modify to specs I want.

Don't think you can change it on this launch car, and this should arrive sooner to the dealerships.

I just got M2C last week for mine wife so she is quite for a while and won't complain about mine car
Hah, smart. A couple months after I started driving my wife nuts with the X5MC talk, I seriously considered getting her the X7 M50i for X-mas because she really loved the engine and the interior when I dragged her to the dealership (and she has major buyer’s remorse after with her current ‘18 Q7). We both ultimately agreed that would be a pretty stupid decision based where we are in the depreciation curve on the Audi at this point. But if she’d of let me, I’d still have done it in a heartbeat and then she’d probably tolerate my F95 obsession better.
Appreciate 1
Miko M6648.50
      01-13-2020, 05:48 PM   #32
Miko M
///M
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Hah, smart. A couple months after I started driving my wife nuts with the X5MC talk, I seriously considered getting her the X7 M50i for X-mas because she really loved the engine and the interior when I dragged her to the dealership (and she has major buyer’s remorse after with her current ‘18 Q7). We both ultimately agreed that would be a pretty stupid decision based where we are in the depreciation curve on the Audi at this point. But if she’d of let me, I’d still have done it in a heartbeat and then she’d probably tolerate my F95 obsession better.
Lol
Mine wife didn't want the M2 but I just took her car for a drive and came back with the new one

I figure I will be driving it too ( It's MT ) so it's a win win situation.
      01-13-2020, 08:24 PM   #33
GSG5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I figure I will be driving it too ( It's MT ) so it's a win win situation.[/QUOTE]

That’s awesome - bad ass garage you’ll have at the end of April! Last MT I had was my ‘95 M3...man, I should have never sold that car.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 07:03 PM   #34
AwesomeM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F95 X5MC

Garage List
2015 BMW X5 M  [10.00]
2020 BMW X5M Compet ...  [0.00]
2008 M3  [10.00]
Quote:

Are you sure allocations are being released 1/17? I just spoke with my Sales Manager and he told me allocations were already released for January, but there are no allocations for the F95 X5M in the entire U.S. yet.
      01-14-2020, 07:13 PM   #35
GSG5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeM3 View Post
Are you sure allocations are being released 1/17? I just spoke with my Sales Manager and he told me allocations were already released for January, but there are no allocations for the F95 X5M in the entire U.S. yet.
I think Mike is implying that both things are true - the January allocations already came out (last week I was told) and a one-off allocation is coming out this Friday specifically for the F85/F95. At least that’s the way I understood it.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 07:39 PM   #36
Miko M
///M
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

1st week in January is when the release allocation but sense this is new car that is just getting released it's starts this Friday.

Here is the text I got from mine ///M guy that has been very reliable on dates.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Will see you HEA prebuilt by Friday in your allocation with first modifiable being April production[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]Edit: For people that don't know what HEA means: Handler-Erst-Ausstattung[/COLOR] which is Launch Car.
      01-17-2020, 11:39 AM   #37
GSG5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I just got an email from the salesman at my dealership - he still doesn’t see any allocations for the X5M/X6M in their system. Was really hoping we’d hear something today based on Mike M’s post earlier this week.

I guess the reality is that the delivery date (late April) isn’t really impacted regardless of whether the allocations come out today or first week in February. Just would be nice for some certainty/peace of mind.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 12:20 PM   #38
AwesomeM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F95 X5MC

Garage List
2015 BMW X5 M  [10.00]
2020 BMW X5M Compet ...  [0.00]
2008 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
I just got an email from the salesman at my dealership - he still doesn’t see any allocations for the X5M/X6M in their system. Was really hoping we’d hear something today based on Mike M’s post earlier this week.

I guess the reality is that the delivery date (late April) isn’t really impacted regardless of whether the allocations come out today or first week in February. Just would be nice for some certainty/peace of mind.
This confirms what I was told a few days ago. From what I was told, US allocations won't be available until late January/early February at the earliest. US production will start in March with April deliveries.
      01-19-2020, 12:00 PM   #39
Miko M
///M
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

This confirms what I was told a few days ago. From what I was told, US allocations won't be available until late January/early February at the earliest. US production will start in March with April deliveries.
It looks like we have to wait a little more ( hoping to get something more info soon ) which is painful for some people that are not patient

I am one of those people. Lol
      01-20-2020, 08:44 AM   #40
Jamal82
Private
Rep
Drives: Coming BMW X5 M

Gents, I was on the Vienna Autoshow on the weekend and the head of BMW sales Austria told me, that the first cars of the HEAcars have already been built and are already in shipping status to Europe.... Could this really be true? According to this guy, delivery of these cars to end customers even if already in shipping status not before market launch on 1 May 2020
Appreciate 1
Miko M6648.50
      01-20-2020, 10:02 AM   #41
Miko M
///M
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamal82 View Post
Gents, I was on the Vienna Autoshow on the weekend and the head of BMW sales Austria told me, that the first cars of the HEAcars have already been built and are already in shipping status to Europe.... Could this really be true? According to this guy, delivery of these cars to end customers even if already in shipping status not before market launch on 1 May 2020
That could be very true.
I know Europe gets the first Launch cars that is already in production
So here in US May would be spot on.
      01-20-2020, 10:20 AM   #42
Laki021
Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive

According to this, it should be 27th of April for Germany:

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/d...c-4997894a1539

On the other hand, seems they already started delivering cars in England:

Appreciate 0
      01-20-2020, 10:34 AM   #43
Kief
Major General
Rep
Drives: '24 iX50; '23 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki021 View Post
According to this, it should be 27th of April for Germany:

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/d...c-4997894a1539

On the other hand, seems they already started delivering cars in England:

:
Great review!!
'24-I20 iX 50; '23-G26 i4 M50; '22-G82 M4Cx*;20-G05 M50i*; '20-F82 M4CS*; '18-F80 M3CS*; '18-F80 M3CS*; '18-F85 X5M*; '18-G01 X3M40i*; '18-F80 M3ZCP*; '17-F80 M3ZCP*; '15-F15 X5*; '15-F82 M4*; '12-E92 335is*; '11-E70 X5d; '11-E89 Z435is*;'09-E89 Z435i*; '08-E92 335i*; '06-E90 330i*; '05-E83 X3*; '04-E83 X3*; '03-E46 325Ci* *retired
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2020, 10:37 AM   #44
Laki021
Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive

Idiotic...
Appreciate 1
Miko M6648.50