05-06-2009, 05:06 PM   #23
JoosyJoos
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I think the OP is just looking for a relatively cheap no frills car to have some fun with. I don't see why everything has to become a social issue. So enough of this "downgrade" nonsense. Buy what you want and have fun with it!

1997 M3 Coupe - BMWCCA I-Prepared #22
2006 M Roadster - 23,000 miles and slowly counting
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2009, 05:43 PM   #24
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Look into the 2009 WRX. MT got a 0-60 of 4.7 in one, plus you can get one brand new in the 25,000 range.
      05-06-2009, 06:09 PM   #25
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejazbmw View Post
well if your talking about the badge then ok it is a downgrade....

its personal preference i rather have a faster car rather then more options, why don't you tell the guy who forked over 400xxx for a F430 Scuderia that doesn't even have a radio let alone heated seats....

the op doesn't seems to care about the badge like most of you guys do just because it doesn't have a bmw logo doesn't mean its a downgrade...sure the evo doesn't have all the fancy things like the bimmer but there's other things that make a car then the badge.
Why do you drive a BMW? Let me guess.. you have a 328i?

From 335i to EVO is clearly a downgrade. Have you ever sat in a EVO? It is worst than a fucking civic..
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2009, 06:28 PM   #26
mywave
Private
Rep
Drives: yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
Thinking of picking up one of these when the lease ends. What do you guys think. Anyone ever own one? I always wanted one but never got it. They go for like 20k in good condition.

Before my e92 335i, I had an Evo IX GSR with the SE package: 5 speed, aluminum roof, HID's and BBS wheels...it's the best driving car I've ever had and miss it everyday.

That being said I am driving a lot for work and can't imagine doing 20k miles a yr in an Evo vs. my 335i. I'm actually toying with getting an Evo X MR, driving the 335i is nice but so insulated and it handles like mush by comparison.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2009, 06:52 PM   #27
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
Look into the 2009 WRX. MT got a 0-60 of 4.7 in one, plus you can get one brand new in the 25,000 range.
Hate the new sti. I'd like to get the opinions of previews evo owners. How bad is the comfort compared to a 335?

Appreciate 0
      05-06-2009, 07:33 PM   #28
BillLee
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
09 E92 M3  [9.00]
looks like a fun car
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2009, 08:12 PM   #29
bdkevoIX
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Evo IX Mr

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo335 View Post

From 335i to EVO is clearly a downgrade. Have you ever sat in a EVO? It is worst than a fucking civic..
But it'll run circles around your car :P
      05-06-2009, 08:21 PM   #30
Inspired
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdkevoIX View Post
But it'll run circles around your car :P
that's good for you.. and ill chill back and enjoy my leather interior..

If I want speed with no luxury at all, I might as well grab a K series and boost it. Probably will eat you all day..

none the less, stock for stock it's a pretty even race.. don't make it seem like your car is far superior than a 335i performance wise..
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2009, 10:45 AM   #31
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Turbo Festiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejazbmw View Post
well if your talking about the badge then ok it is a downgrade....

its personal preference i rather have a faster car rather then more options, why don't you tell the guy who forked over 400xxx for a F430 Scuderia that doesn't even have a radio let alone heated seats....

the op doesn't seems to care about the badge like most of you guys do just because it doesn't have a bmw logo doesn't mean its a downgrade...sure the evo doesn't have all the fancy things like the bimmer but there's other things that make a car then the badge.
X2 Who cares... I only got my car because of possibilities in term of tuning and factory brembo. It looks ugly I got way less options then my previous car(weights less also). Go for the Evo its tons of fun and youll be able to smoke cluless bimmer drivers with their Prada shades and 300$ shirts.
Exhaust note>Any high end stereo
Its a matter of priorities you seem to like high performance car go with the Evo. I love my friends Evo X(its the first Evo we got in Canada)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2009, 01:14 PM   #32
bdkevoIX
Captain
Rep

Quote:
that's good for you.. and ill chill back and enjoy my leather interior..

If I want speed with no luxury at all, I might as well grab a K series and boost it. Probably will eat you all day..

none the less, stock for stock it's a pretty even race.. don't make it seem like your car is far superior than a 335i performance wise..
ahaha, you act as if your car is a porsche turbo.
And it's speed AND handling (which can't be found in k-series). Who leaves their evo stock anyway?
And let me remind you. Evo's performance at this point is FAR superior to 335i. Don't fool yourself.

Oh, and I don't know which seat you sat on, but EvoIX's recaro leather/alcantara seat is a great stock seat IMO.
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by bdkevoIX; 05-07-2009 at 01:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2009, 02:05 PM   #33
Major
Armenia
Rep

this car is starting to grow on me again. Been checking out the evo forum a lot lately and some of those guys' cars are insanee. If i don't get a good deal on an e46 M3 then its the evo for sureeee

Appreciate 0
      05-07-2009, 02:25 PM   #34
bdkevoIX
Captain
Rep

let me know if you have any questions on modding path. Do it right the first time lol..I know I would've gone a different route if I could do it over again.
      05-07-2009, 02:32 PM   #35
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
let me know if you have any questions on modding path. Do it right the first time lol..I know I would've gone a different route if I could do it over again.
From my understanding every time you mod the engine you have to retune the ECU. How much would it cost to dyno tune it?

Appreciate 0
      05-07-2009, 03:59 PM   #36
bdkevoIX
Captain
Rep

$300-400 depending on what's being done. That's why you do it in bulk!
      05-07-2009, 04:09 PM   #37
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
$300-400 depending on what's being done. That's why you do it in bulk!
Yup thats what I plan on doing if I get the car. CAI, TBE, Boost controller, and a reflash. Guessing it'll be around 2,000$

Appreciate 0
      05-07-2009, 04:32 PM   #38
Inspired
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
ahaha, you act as if your car is a porsche turbo.
And it's speed AND handling (which can't be found in k-series). Who leaves their evo stock anyway?
And let me remind you. Evo's performance at this point is FAR superior to 335i. Don't fool yourself.

Oh, and I don't know which seat you sat on, but EvoIX's recaro leather/alcantara seat is a great stock seat IMO.
[IMG][/IMG]
I act if my car is porsche turbo? How?
And you think you have the best car in the world?

Search more on the EK9 buddy.. My buddy has a EK9 with GSR Turbo.. GL keeping up with those.. he only spend ~8k on the whole setup and he's pushing 700 WHP. He ran low 10s high 9s on the track...And don't forget that they are excellent on the track..

How much did you spend on your POS with a gutted interior? 40k?

Like I said already before, if I wanted speed, I would grab a ricer and it will still dust you. But can you show me a car with both luxury and speed combined for 40k..

Why are you even on a BMW forum? Can't afford a 335i/135 that's why you have to talk shit about it? ?

Appreciate 0
      05-07-2009, 07:45 PM   #39
Devin
street racer
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 97 Supra TT

old cars....
bone stock 05 EVO GSR
loved it !!
then built 06 EVO SE
on of the best cars ive had.. ever had.

just dont bye a MR the 6sp will crack on you if you plane on draging the car. my friend is still trying to sell the 6sp tranny he swep it put for the 5sp.

i see alot of haters about th evo .... but bro i miss Driving My EVO then the Supra, Evo or Supra i pick EVO i had more fun in that car AWD saved me !!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2009, 09:09 PM   #40
onehungevo
Captain
Rep
Drives:

I had an evo for 3 years and it was fun, fast, and reliable. The main reason I sold it was because of all the little noises it made over time and I was bored with it. THe interiors aren't great but the car is made to perform so they don't have many added options to save weight. On a side note, I would say your insurance will go up just a little.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2009, 09:18 PM   #41
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I act if my car is porsche turbo? How?
And you think you have the best car in the world?

Search more on the EK9 buddy.. My buddy has a EK9 with GSR Turbo.. GL keeping up with those.. he only spend ~8k on the whole setup and he's pushing 700 WHP. He ran low 10s high 9s on the track...And don't forget that they are excellent on the track..

How much did you spend on your POS with a gutted interior? 40k?

Like I said already before, if I wanted speed, I would grab a ricer and it will still dust you. But can you show me a car with both luxury and speed combined for 40k..

Why are you even on a BMW forum? Can't afford a 335i/135 that's why you have to talk shit about it? ?

Been there with high hp FWD unless you have M/T slicks it doesnt go. Way too much wheelspin and torque steer. Sure a civic that runs 12's on the track will be able to do 14's on the street. Bmw interior sucks in fact its nothing luxurious Audi and Mercedes have way better interior. Bmw is not what it used to be they used to be ugly boxes that were tons of fun to drive without any regards to fit and finish. What do you think about the Elise 4 Cylinder with no carpets(gutted to the max)? Your answer will tell if youre a car lover or status symbol seeker My post my be rude but....gotta tell it how it is.

Im editing my post because I cant believe how ugly are bmw interior but guys guess what who cares. Just look at the black plastic piece around the HVAC and Radio+cheezy cup holders in the dash. Honestly even chevy interiors lately have been more impressive(malibu etc). I work in the car business and a lot of people buy bimmers and sell them 6 months after because they find them too harsh or stiff. Theyre basically drivers car but since the E90-E60 etc theyre more mass oriented then ever.

Id take bdkevoIX Evo before my 1er. Its my first and last Bmw ever I hate seeing people attacking people because they dont have a premium brand(Too many bmw owners think theyre the shit). I dont know the guy but his Evo is worth more than a used 335/135I. Thats why I waited 10 years to own a bimmer and it will take a long time unless I buy a new One. The old school guys are not like some of the 300$ shirt guys wearing flip flops with Gucci glasses. The E30, E36, E39 crowd is very different than the recent 3 series crowd(E46/E9X) which sadly includes a lot of new riches or rich kids acting like theyre shiznit doesnt stink. If the hat doesnt fit to you props but it does fit to a lot of people.

Theres a reason why my car doesnt have a damn dipstick and has stupid runflats. Most bmw owners dont know how to change a spare tire. Theyll call AAA or whatever. Im a car enthusiast, track junkie and work in the car business trust me I know what Im talking about. I just cant wait to hit the track in the Exige. The F150 will be serve as a toy hauler and daily driver. Goodbye fancy dealers ervice dept where they have expresso, capuccino and 10$ sandwiches.

twinturbo335 would you buy a GT2, GT3RS,F430,Vanquish,Lambo, Continental GT....Id take one of the Porsches without hesitation.

M3 CSL > R8, F430 No AC no sunroof no BS pure driving and aural pleasure.

Try have a girlfriend engage the clutch of a 500-700 hp EVO, STI...talk about manly car. Needs skills to be driven unlike our packed of nannies Bimmers which even our mothers can drive.

Sorry about my long and confused post but each cars have theyre plus and minuses. You can drive a 40K Minivan or 40K evo...I never look at pricing when I compare cars......In Canada the Evo MR cost the same as a 335XI and is more expensive than the 1er. Its a matter of priorities the 3er are still nice cars but gotta admit that theyre made for the average joe,josie. Evo and STI are niche products(look at theyre resale value).

Quote:
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.

Last edited by mtla4; 05-07-2009 at 10:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2009, 09:23 PM   #42
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
From my understanding every time you mod the engine you have to retune the ECU. How much would it cost to dyno tune it?
You can tune it yourself, for free, with a laptop, tactrix cable, and ECUFlash. It's pretty easy to learn. You can also do extensive datalogging with free software.

And you shouldn't tune on a dyno. It's better to tune at a track where the load on the engine is accurate.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2009, 09:47 PM   #43
Inspired
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtla4 View Post
Been there with high hp FWD unless you have M/T slicks it doesnt go. Way too much wheelspin and torque steer. Sure a civic that runs 12's on the track will be able to do 14's on the street.
If you are a car enthusiast, you wouldn't even street race.. unless you are young.. which sounds like you are base on your grammar..

Quote:
Bmw interior sucks in fact its nothing luxurious Audi and Mercedes have way better interior. Bmw is not what it used to be they used to be ugly boxes that were tons of fun to drive without any regards to fit and finish. What do you think about the Elise 4 Cylinder with no carpets(gutted to the max)? Your answer will tell if youre a car lover or status symbol seeker My post my be rude but....gotta tell it how it is.
BMW interior sucks? I don't understand how BMW interior sucks? Maybe because you are comparing a 1 series with a evo of course..

Quote:
Im editing my post because I cant believe how ugly are bmw interior but guys guess what who cares. Just look at the black plastic piece around the HVAC and Radio+cheezy cup holders in the dash. Honestly even chevy interiors lately have been more impressive(malibu etc). I work in the car business and a lot of people buy bimmers and sell them 6 months after because they find them too harsh or stiff. Theyre basically drivers car but since the E90-E60 etc theyre more mass oriented then ever.
It is ugly? Did you look at the picture above of the Evo 9 interior? Are you blind?

Quote:
Id take bdkevoIX Evo before my 1er. Its my first and last Bmw ever I hate seeing people attacking people because they dont have a premium brand(Too many bmw owners think theyre the shit). I dont know the guy but his Evo is worth more than a used 335/135I. Thats why I waited 10 years to own a bimmer and it will take a long time unless I buy a new One. The old school guys are not like some of the 300$ shirt guys wearing flip flops with Gucci glasses. The E30, E36, E39 crowd is very different than the recent 3 series crowd(E46/E9X) which sadly includes a lot of new riches or rich kids acting like theyre shiznit doesnt stink. If the hat doesnt fit to you props but it does fit to a lot of people.
Sound like you really hate your 1 series..
I dont understand what your saying?

Quote:
Theres a reason why my car doesnt have a damn dipstick and has stupid runflats. Most bmw owners dont know how to change a spare tire. Theyll call AAA or whatever. Im a car enthusiast, track junkie and work in the car business trust me I know what Im talking about.
Where did you get most BMW owners don't know how to change a spare tire? Sound like some random statistics you grabbed from your ass..

You got to pay to play. No one like run flats but you are driving a BMW.. You can just do what I do, switch out the run flats for some regular tires.. or you can man up and accept the cost of run flats..
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2009, 10:12 PM   #44
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
If you are a car enthusiast, you wouldn't even street race.. unless you are young.. which sounds like you are base on your grammar..

BMW interior sucks? I don't understand how BMW interior sucks? Maybe because you are comparing a 1 series with a evo of course..

It is ugly? Did you look at the picture above of the Evo 9 interior? Are you blind?

Sound like you really hate your 1 series..
I dont understand what your saying?

Where did you get most BMW owners don't know how to change a spare tire? Sound like some random statistics you grabbed from your ass..

You got to pay to play. No one like run flats but you are driving a BMW.. You can just do what I do, switch out the run flats for some regular tires.. or you can man up and accept the cost of run flats..
As for my grammar well ...Im billingual its 23h00 I dont feel like typing properly(Im talking to my friend on Msn in french right now so Im not focusing on writing properly as if I was writing a novel. Were on the internet anyways).

Ive been in the car business for 10 years trust me Ive seen my share of luxury car owners.....I'm 25 sand self made by the way. You sound like a spoiled kid. You basically told an other user to leave since (he cant afford a bmw) and youre saying that the EVO sucks and is a downgrade while in fact it is not.

Where did I say that I street race??? I have nothing else to you sound like a badge whore. So the hats fits you I guess? Ive attacked you but I asked you a couple of questions. Like I said I used to own a car shop here are some proofs that I get my hands dirty.....Track bike, drag car, track car where the hell did I mentionned that I street race????

I didnt say that I dont like my car but wake up....You sound like your car is a 911 turbo. Give me a break its a 3 series for god sake. Sure its a nice car that not everyone can afford but you seem to spit on shitty civics, EVO etc. I came from nothing and like I said Im self made so I can still appreciate them. I worked my butt off in order to be able to afford some nice things. Would you be able to do 18 hrs a day and work until 3 am on a customer's car? My first car was a 1990 corolla in 99 with 200 000 miles sold it for 500$ had no money for one year started to work bought an EG civic swapped a B18 engine and it started from there(civic was parked in my driveway for 6 months had to gather 5K for the swap). Thats why I cant hate and Ill never talk trash about lesser cars(even a Kia) some people are waking up a 6 am and are doing 12 hrs shift with a broken back in order to put food on the table.

I dont know about youre situation but sounds like its always been easy for you. Dont talk trash about lesser things...never know what happens in life. My friend went from millionaire to living in his mom basement and hes currently broke as a joke.

Quote:

Way to go my friend. Most of the people on the planet are starving and cant afford food and youre saying fucking civic like it was Aids and you even laughed at 328's

The OP is 20 maybe hes buying a house and needs to go from a 335 to an Evo(or something cheaper). Maybe he has an opportunity to buy a business, his gf might be prego and needs funds for diapers who knows..... Why judge him or say that the Evo is crap.....

I agree that the Evo interior is different and not up to par but its not a reason to judge other people.

Quote:

Last edited by mtla4; 05-07-2009 at 10:57 PM..
Appreciate 0