BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-28-2009, 01:44 AM   #23
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 2009 M3

dude...do you work for Audi or something????!!!!!
you sure know alot about their cars...financing and lease deals...and all you do is rant and rave about Audi...why are you on a BMW forum?
look at every single post you have made.....take your propaganda shit and head over to an Audi forum...your act is getting old and boring...and transparent!

take the rest of your sales team with ya too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Audi View Post
Cookiemonster, (my favorite SS character)

I would agree that the residuals are typically higher on a BMW. With that, you can't successfully promote the argument that BMW's plan has worked out all that well. You don't write off that kind of coin, then raise your arms in victory.

The problem with your #'s below is that my wife still has a year left on her lease. I don't see how they will be anywhere near the residual when it comes time for turn-in, especially given the cost to CPO. Black book currently lists the car for around $26K. Even today, no way an informed shopper would pay $32k for it. I get the "sucker for every seat" deal, but more people are informed car buyers these days. That's not to say emotion isn't front and center when buying a car, but still...

By the way, I have seen quite a few Audi CPO ad's. As an Audi owner, perhaps they just catch my eye.

Regards,
John
2009 Jet Black E92 M3, DCT, Nav, Novillo Leather, PDC, EDC, BBS CHR's 20", Yokohama Advan Sports Tires, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Dinan Pullies and Dinan Stage1 software, black grills, black side gills, alcantara shift and ebrake boot.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2009, 07:55 AM   #24
Big Block Mopar
United_States
Rep
Drives: 68 Charger R/T, '17 HC Charger

Shiggy,

My profession has nothing to do with car sales and I am not a troll. I am a true car enthusiast. My apologies if it upsets you that I happen to know something about more than one car make. While this is a BMW forum, the section I posted under is "General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk". As I have leased both Audi's and BMW's, I thought I might be able to add to the conversation. Nothing more, nothing less. It appears you've added what to the thread, talking down to new members, inaccurate guesses, cuss words and little red faces?

My "act" of being able to compare different cars and programs somewhat objectively must be confusing to you and others who can't. BMW kool-aid drinking is the only thing transparent here. You like your BMW, I like my BMW too and will more than likely be leasing another in the 3rd qtr of 2010. With that, I have no blind allegiance to any make, period. By the way, there are more than a few things that tick me off about Audi.

Regards,
John
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2009, 11:52 AM   #25
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235I

i made a thread like a year ago when the new A4 came out i test drove the 3.2 when they still had it and the lease numbers where crazy like 6XX a month!!! with only a few options and i think i talked about putting 5k down and the number where still crazy. I walked out saying to the guy I'd be crazy to get this car when the 335 is cheaper.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2009, 12:46 PM   #26
E82tt6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 Black Saphire Z4 MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
Why would you want to buy something that depreciates in value more than 50% in a few years. Think of it as a house. If you knew that the $500,000 house you bought was going to be worth $250,000 in 5 years, would you still buy it and make such high payments or would you pay rent and live a lot more conformably.

To me leasing is the smarter choice since you get to drive a new car every few years and pay considerably less than buying. Obviously you don't keep the car at the end, but most people sell their cars with payments still remaining so why not pay less. Now with that said, if you're an absolute car nut and must tune all your cars, then buying would be a better choice since you're gonna spend so much money on it.
Because if something happens (job loss, injury, etc) you are up the creek without a paddle. If you need to downscale it's tough to get out of a lease quickly, and if, god forbid, disaster strikes, you have no car and your credit is ruined.

Owning a car outright none of that is a concern, and financing you can at least sell it off and buy a beater.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2009, 01:34 PM   #27
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by E82tt6 View Post
Because if something happens (job loss, injury, etc) you are up the creek without a paddle. If you need to downscale it's tough to get out of a lease quickly, and if, god forbid, disaster strikes, you have no car and your credit is ruined.

Owning a car outright none of that is a concern, and financing you can at least sell it off and buy a beater.
Same can be said about buying.. If you sell your financed car you're gonna take a loss because it would have depreciated a lot, and you would be paying the difference. With a lease, if you put $50 a month less than the average deal on leasetrader.com, people will jump on it instantly, which in 2 years will be around $1200. Once again you will be losing less on a lease, of course considering that you didn't put a lot of money down.

And to do Audi guy, BMW's residuals are actually pretty freakin accurate. I'm in the used market also and cannot find a car for the right price. 2004 S4s go for $19-20K while M3s go for $24-26K, when they were both around the same price brand new.

Appreciate 0
      11-28-2009, 02:16 PM   #28
Nikolas
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 996 TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post

And to do Audi guy, BMW's residuals are actually pretty freakin accurate. I'm in the used market also and cannot find a car for the right price. 2004 S4s go for $19-20K while M3s go for $24-26K, when they were both around the same price brand new.
They are absolutely not accurate and inflated. BMW does this to make the lease deals attractive. Leasing is BMW's number one source of income on their cars. They lease far more vehicles than they sell.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2009, 11:32 PM   #29
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

Wth happened to those other posts lol

Appreciate 0
      11-29-2009, 07:46 AM   #30
GotM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ 6MT

I leased an Audi A6 2.7T a few years ago. And, have considered leasing several BMWs. I did not go the leasing route on my BMW.

Leasing can be a great way to go, and in some regards I can see as less risk in owning the car.

The key items when leasing a car are the Residual Value, Money Factor and agreed Sale Price on the car. The later is the only one I was able to control. I was told the the other 2 were driven by the banks...but I dont know if this is true or not.

When I leased the Audi it had a residual of 51% on a 3 year lease. This is always off the MSRP price. The price we agreed on was about 8K below MSRP or 4K below invoice. It was the last year of the A6 with the 2.7T, they had the new A6 comin in shortly.

In the end I felt like a did the right thing leasing the car. The car was actually worth less than the 51% according to Edmunds. To me in the end I lost less than if I had bought and was trying to sell the car.

If something was wrong with the car, or was damaged in an accident. That would bother me, and I know I would just be turning it in the end. This was less risk to me. I cant imagine selling an Audi or BMW that has been in an accident. It would be a turn off to most buyers.

I can see why Audi monthly lease rates are higher, their residuals are typically lower. And, that is what you are paying is the difference between sale price and residual. The math is pretty simple.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2009, 09:10 AM   #31
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
It appears that in the US the leasing rate for Audi and dramatically dearer than what BMW charge. Has anyone heard the rumour that BMW leasing costs the company far more than it pulls back?

My brother was told this when he leasing his X6 and was wondering if someone else may have heard something similar.
Appreciate 0