G05sweden
Sweden
Rep
Drives: X5M50D

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
From what I understand, the Apple Watch idea is a "not yet", but that'd be pretty cool. Some real James Bond-level stuff.
Some cars already have smart watch integration, just not BMW
Quote:
Quote:
From what I understand, the Apple Watch idea is a "not yet", but that'd be pretty cool. Some real James Bond-level stuff.

my Samsung wear is compatible with g05. Works as an extension to the connected drive app. It needs some love still from BMW as most of their it.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 05:02 AM   #112
ATTN
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335 E92 DCT

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Doesn't support pixel 3 xl. How stupid is that
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 07:22 AM   #113
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaktaren View Post
my Samsung wear is compatible with g05. Works as an extension to the connected drive app. It needs some love still from BMW still as most of their it.
What Samsung phone are you using??
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 09:22 AM   #114
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

my Samsung wear is compatible with g05. Works as an extension to the connected drive app. It needs some love still from BMW still as most of their it.
I'm waiting on my Galaxy Watch Active. since I ordered the green one I think they're launching later because no one has stock and I pre-ordered so... My S10+ should work with the digital key now because the app shows me more options than on my S9+
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 09:51 AM   #115
Slaktaren
G05sweden
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
S10
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 11:00 PM   #116
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
I can confirm my S10+ gives me a different option of adding a digital key than my S9+ or wife's Note 8 (she has an S10 enroute which will let me further verify)

See pic

CA said they need to enable it in their system again which hopefully means I'll finally be able to use the digital key on here. I also bought a Galaxy Watch Active (I've owned all of Samsung's smart watches over the years) so maybe that'll have support too
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-10-2019, 03:28 AM   #117
BMWM4MW
Private
Rep
Drives: M4

The Digital Key is slow as hell not worth the money! I know it looks so cool but what the heck
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2019, 03:41 AM   #118
Slaktaren
G05sweden
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I can confirm my S10+ gives me a different option of adding a digital key than my S9+ or wife's Note 8 (she has an S10 enroute which will let me further verify)

See pic

CA said they need to enable it in their system again which hopefully means I'll finally be able to use the digital key on here. I also bought a Galaxy Watch Active (I've owned all of Samsung's smart watches over the years) so maybe that'll have support too
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

See pic

Next you need to be at the dealership in person at BMW portal and type a password. After doing that the key will be activated. I will get.mine hopefully on Friday.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2019, 10:49 AM   #119
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

See pic

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

See pic

Next you need to be at the dealership in person at BMW portal and type a password. After doing that the key will be activated. I will get.mine hopefully on Friday.
yes that's what I was saying. I'm having my CA do it remotely so I don't have to go into my local shithole, I mean deslerhsip
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2019, 11:17 AM   #120
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
yes that's what I was saying. I'm having my CA do it remotely so I don't have to go into my local shithole, I mean deslerhsip
Their coffee must taste like toilet water.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2019, 11:18 AM   #121
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Their coffee must taste like toilet water.
I wouldn't know one things for sure when I went in for service once at 0830 they tried to offer me stale cookies which were from the day before just sitting out. One guy literally handed me one on a plate despite politely declining when he asked before
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2019, 11:28 AM   #122
rmorin1249
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 MSport 40i

I was able to activate mine at home. Used my profile settings, put the car in the wireless charging tray and it activated. Can't use it on my phone, it's not compatible, OnePlus 3T.

COL(Ret), US Army Hagerstown MD
2019 X5 40i MSport Alpine White/Coffee (my 13th BMW)
2015 Mercedes SL400; 2009 Lexus RX350
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2019, 11:37 AM   #123
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorin1249 View Post
I was able to activate mine at home. Used my profile settings, put the car in the wireless charging tray and it activated. Can't use it on my phone, it's not compatible, OnePlus 3T.
When you say you used your profile settings, do you do that in the vehicle?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2019, 11:58 AM   #124
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
i think it needs a secure element (hardware not software) and unfortunately only a free phone's offer that. Samsung does because of Samsung Pay but I don't think One plus does even on their 6T. I like OP phone's and night get the 7 for fun this summer.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2019, 12:10 PM   #125
Slaktaren
G05sweden
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

See pic

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

See pic

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

See pic

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

See pic

The reason to be there in person is the need for a pin code and secure your identity. If they do all remotely they know it is you and you trust them with a code. I would visit my dealer.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2019, 12:12 PM   #126
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
The reason to be there in person is the need for a pin code and secure your identity. If they do all remotely they know it is you and you trust them with a code. I would visit my dealer.
I trust my CA to handle things more than I'd trust my dealership locally to even look at a picture of my car because they'd screw something up. There's no need for me to reprove my identity when I bought the car through the CA in question and they have all of my info.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2019, 01:34 PM   #127
rmorin1249
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 MSport 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****** View Post
Quote:
When you say you used your profile settings, do you do that in the vehicle?
Yes, started the car. Made sure I was using my profile. Went into settings and activated the key while it was in the wireless tray.

COL(Ret), US Army Hagerstown MD
2019 X5 40i MSport Alpine White/Coffee (my 13th BMW)
2015 Mercedes SL400; 2009 Lexus RX350
Appreciate 1
      03-10-2019, 02:48 PM   #128
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 Msport

Quote:
Yes, started the car. Made sure I was using my profile. Went into settings and activated the key while it was in the wireless tray.
Cool, thanks, I’m supposed to be getting mine on Tuesday.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2019, 03:05 PM   #129
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****** View Post
Cool, thanks, I’m supposed to be getting mine on Tuesday.
Here are the steps for activating and then you can link it to a profile. It may actually ask the linkage question during the pairing.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
jimv0326.00
      03-11-2019, 03:02 PM   #130
Jpmzamora
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by onic View Post
Did anyone in the US receive a keycard at delivery?
Yes I have this card ! Sounds great. Doesn't seem to function with connected drive. Stopped working 5 days ago !!! Poor, as no one at BMW can actually help.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2019, 08:05 AM   #131
Jackcz
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 xDrive40i

Does anybody has their phone working as a Digital key?
My dealer seems to not to be able to activate my card in order to use with the phone.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2019, 11:17 AM   #132
Jpmzamora
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackcz View Post
Does anybody has their phone working as a Digital key?
My dealer seems to not to be able to activate my card in order to use with the phone.
I called the connected drive team who helped me update the software. Digital card working along with 3D view also.
Appreciate 0