ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e 2020

Blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKBSY8 View Post
Hi there, there is a setup u can change within the setting. Check the comfort access setup section and there is an option (yes/no) to shut off the car when u open the vehicle door. I can't give you the setting path because I don't have my car with me but I hate this feature so I went deep and figure it out. Give it a shot

*keep in mind that I think the setting is based on profile so if you switch to the second driver profile, the setting will change.
Yes, that's the screenshot I started the opening post with. Setting doesn't work in 45e.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2020, 09:44 AM   #24
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

I just found out that if just turn off the engine and leave the key in the car you can turn on the AC. Don't know if it works without the key inside or if it can be taken out of the car once the AC has started.

We went into a store for 10 minutes and left one of the kids in the car and left the doors unlocked.

Don't worry she is 11. She knows the store, the doors were unlocked and she could get out herself not crossing a street and go in to the store and find us. One window was open and it started to rain. She closed the window and felt warm and activated the rear seat AC on her side. When we came back the car was cooled just like pre cooling function.

I would never leave a younger child unattended in the car in hot wheater off course. This was a special and controlled situation.
Appreciate 1
volodp193.50
      08-16-2020, 10:34 AM   #25
kkpat
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 x40i

Put car in neutral. Open the door and then unlock the seatbelt. The car should stay on!
Appreciate 1
      08-17-2020, 02:49 AM   #26
ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkpat View Post
Put car in neutral. Open the door and then unlock the seatbelt. The car should stay on!
Just tried this, didn't work. Car stayed in N but ac/rest still shut down. Had to startup the car with start button while it remained in N. Did leave my keyfob inside.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2020, 02:51 AM   #27
ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BXdriver View Post
- I have kind of a related question so hanging it on here:

Does the radio/infotainment stay ON in the 45e if the car is stopped and you open the drivers door?

In our old X5 it did. It's nice for other people still in the car, and even nice for yourself if you are to open the trunk/rear doors to take some things out etc.
The radio finally shut down when when the car was locked.

Our current Volvo is opposite and its annoying. When I open the drivers door (engine stopped) everything shuts down, so no sound/music left for the other in the car. (Passenger door can be opened without the radio shuts down...).
If they want sound - they need to push the radio ON button again. It doesn't make sense.

I really hope the 45e keeps everything on until it is locked too.
It's a small detail, but adding to the comfort part of the X5.

Thanks,
BXdriver
Radio stays on in my 45e until I lock it.
Appreciate 1
BXdriver159.00
      08-17-2020, 04:07 AM   #28
Tana Lee
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Have to force the ICE to turn on before open the door. When the car sit in P, firmly press and hold the break pedal and slowly press the gas pedal. This works for me.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2020, 05:06 AM   #29
ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tana Lee View Post
Have to force the ICE to turn on before open the door. When the car sit in P, firmly press and hold the break pedal and slowly press the gas pedal. This works for me.
Well that kind of breaks the idea of a hybrid right? In most cases I would coldstart the ICE just to get out of the car for 3 seconds.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 01:40 PM   #30
TXSchnee
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60

My Cayenne E Hybrid does the same thing, shutting down the electric motor if I get out of the driver's seat. However the air con stays on. It must be a safety thing if different brand PHEVs behave similarly.
2015 BMW X5 xDrive35i (sold)
2015 BMW X3 xDrive28i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2020, 01:56 PM   #31
ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

Got updated to 07/2020.45 today, will check if the issue is resolved now.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 01:30 PM   #32
ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikheetleon View Post
It's not resolved in the new version. Have updated the dealer with this info.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 02:35 PM   #33
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
It's a safety feature on an ICE; not sure about an electric. It prevents you exiting your car in the garage leaving the engine running, so you can wake up the following morning and not be dead. Perhaps a holdover in the PHEV?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 07:03 AM   #34
Wan79
Rep
Drives: Bmw x5 45E

Quote:
Quote:
Im having same issue, did you manage to resolve the issue? My SA says its a default safety in the 45e, if thats the case, why is there the option override?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 07:05 AM   #35
ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wan79 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Im having same issue, did you manage to resolve the issue? My SA says its a default safety in the 45e, if thats the case, why is there the option override?
I got a similar reaction. But he's checking it out with BMW DE to verify. Haven't heard anything yet. Will update this post when I get an answer.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 07:06 AM   #36
Wan79
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wan79 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I got a similar reaction. But he's checking it out with BMW DE to verify. Haven't heard anything yet. Will update this post when I get an answer.
Thanks buddy.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 08:42 AM   #37
Herr
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e X-line

Works just fine with me
It works more or less as discribed....

[empty box] Switch off the car after opening the door

The car is automatically switched off after opening the door when there is no person in the car

So after ONLY opening the door, the car stays ON. (Steering wheel does not move up and A/C stays ON) As soon as you unbuckle than the car switches OFF.
I tried this in P and in D. In D you hear the parking brake activating.

This means you can drive with the door open. (You will get a warning).

Maybe this function is intended for old fashion close to curb parking.

Discussion point, should the word ‘person’ be replaced by the word driver.

Is this the way I like it to be? No, I would also like it that the car stays ON when I get out. I do understand the safety in this.
      10-26-2020, 09:13 AM   #38
ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr View Post
Works just fine with me

The car is automatically switched off after opening the door when there is no person in the car

So after ONLY opening the door, the car stays ON. (Steering wheel does not move up and A/C stays ON) As soon as you unbuckle than the car switches OFF.

Discussion point, should the word 'person' be replaced by the word driver.

Is this the way I like it to be? No, I would also like it that the car stays ON when I get out. I do understand the safety in this.
I explained the dealer how I interpreet this setting. "You need to step out of the car briefly to open a gate or something. Family still in the car, so why shutdown everything (except for radio)? Ac should keep on running, dash should stay on, etc." He agreed with me that it should function like I wanted to when the checkbox is empty. But it doesn't. Haven't tried with seatbelt still on and only the open door, that might shed some light on how this option is intended.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 09:38 AM   #39
Wan79
Rep

Quote:
Works just fine with me

My car would switch off even with passenger in the car once i open the door.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 09:40 AM   #40
Wan79
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Works just fine with me

I explained the dealer how I interpreet this setting. "You need to step out of the car briefly to open a gate or something. Family still in the car, so why shutdown everything (except for radio)? Ac should keep on running, dash should stay on, etc." He agreed with me that it should function like I wanted to when the checkbox is empty. But it doesn't. Haven't tried with seatbelt still on and only the open door, that might shed some light on how this option is intended.
Thats how i image, car would stays on if the option is not check.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 04:42 PM   #41
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

The vehicle will shut down if the driver opens the door when his seatbelt is off. If you're seatbelt is on, it will allow you to move it when you open the door.

To keep lights on, enable pathway lighting. You can set how long they stay on once you exit.

If it's important to keep the HVAC on, you can check that on the exit screen, at least on the 45e since that's all run off of the batteries. Admittedly, one more thing to have to do, but it's possible. All three BMWs that I've owned will go into park and shut down when opening the driver's door with your seatbelt off, so it's not a new thing.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2020, 03:30 PM   #42
ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Works just fine with me

So I just checked this possibility. Regardless of the checkbox on/off, the car stays on when opening the door, when unbuckle seatbelt, it shuts off. So the question remains, what does this checkbox do for the 45e?
Appreciate 1
biterror511.00
      10-28-2020, 03:32 PM   #43
ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jad03060 View Post
The vehicle will shut down if the driver opens the door when his seatbelt is off. If you're seatbelt is on, it will allow you to move it when you open the door.

To keep lights on, enable pathway lighting. You can set how long they stay on once you exit.

If it's important to keep the HVAC on, you can check that on the exit screen, at least on the 45e since that's all run off of the batteries. Admittedly, one more thing to have to do, but it's possible. All three BMWs that I've owned will go into park and shut down when opening the driver's door with your seatbelt off, so it's not a new thing.
So how can I keep HVAC on when I step out of the door? Best outcome for me would be that the HVAC goes off when I lock the door. So same like radio. I haven't found the option to do that.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2020, 03:48 PM   #44
biterror
Captain
Finland
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

Quote:
So I just checked this possibility. Regardless of the checkbox on/off, the car stays on when opening the door, when unbuckle seatbelt, it shuts off. So the question remains, what does this checkbox do for the 45e?
Good question. I wish the checkbox did what is says. :-( Really annoying, after first few hours with the 45e already.
Appreciate 1