BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-04-2021, 08:36 AM   #1
chuckins9
2021 X5 M50i
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i

Ordered 2021 Dravit Grey M50

I recently submitted my order for an M50 (Build Below). I received a VIN within 24 hours and can't make any changes...

I opted against the DHP because I currently have a 2019 m-sport 40i and love how it drives. After reading all the comments in this forum, I'm really regretting it. Contemplating cancelling my order.

I also didn't opt for the Parking Assistance package as I don't use any of the automated systems. Turn it all off. I currently have sensors in the bumper of my2019, will I not have this in the new car without this package?

Wanted to know what others thought, worth re-ordering with DHP or will I not notice what I've never had. I'm so torn on this.

My Build:
Dravit Grey Metallic
Tartufo Extended Merino Leather
Anthracite-Brown Poplar Matte Trim
22" M Double-spoke black wheels, style 742M w/ performance non run-flat tires
Executive Package
M Sport Brakes with Red Calipers
Extended Shadowline Trim
Heated Front Seats, Armrests & Steering Wheel
Space-saver spare

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2021, 01:05 PM   #2
FracGuy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckins9 View Post
I recently submitted my order for an M50 (Build Below). I received a VIN within 24 hours and can't make any changes...

I opted against the DHP because I currently have a 2019 m-sport 40i and love how it drives. After reading all the comments in this forum, I'm really regretting it. Contemplating cancelling my order.

I also didn't opt for the Parking Assistance package as I don't use any of the automated systems. Turn it all off. I currently have sensors in the bumper of my2019, will I not have this in the new car without this package?

Wanted to know what others thought, worth re-ordering with DHP or will I not notice what I've never had. I'm so torn on this.

My Build:
Dravit Grey Metallic
Executive Package
Extended Shadowline Trim
Space-saver spare

Thanks!
Wow - VIN received within 24 hours of placing order? My order was just accepted Friday (Dravit Grey also....), so hoping I see a similar response time.....

Very torn on DHP as well. Did not include on my original order as SA and manager both indicated that for my driving style/preferences it likely wasn't needed. And not having any M50i's on the lot equipped with DHP, I was hesitant to spend money on something I wasn't able to evaluate/test drive. I'm driving myself crazy reading these forums on the subject, and am still torn. I may check with my SA tomorrow and see if it's too late to add, but ultimately think I'll stick with my original configuration. Coming from an F150 SuperCrew, I'm sure the base suspension/handling of the M50i will be infinitely better than what I'm driving now......and I likely won't miss what I don't have or haven't experienced.
Appreciate 1
      04-04-2021, 06:39 PM   #3
chuckins9
2021 X5 M50i
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FracGuy View Post
Quote:

My Build:
Dravit Grey Metallic
Executive Package
Extended Shadowline Trim
Space-saver spare

Thanks!
Wow - VIN received within 24 hours of placing order? My order was just accepted Friday (Dravit Grey also....), so hoping I see a similar response time.....

Very torn on DHP as well. Did not include on my original order as SA and manager both indicated that for my driving style/preferences it likely wasn't needed. And not having any M50i's on the lot equipped with DHP, I was hesitant to spend money on something I wasn't able to evaluate/test drive. I'm driving myself crazy reading these forums on the subject, and am still torn. I may check with my SA tomorrow and see if it's too late to add, but ultimately think I'll stick with my original configuration. Coming from an F150 SuperCrew, I'm sure the base suspension/handling of the M50i will be infinitely better than what I'm driving now......and I likely won't miss what I don't have or haven't experienced.
Did you opt for the parking assistance package? I didn't and wondering if I won't have parking sensors... I would assume this is a standard option as it was on my 40i.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2021, 07:12 PM   #4
FracGuy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCrew

Quote:
Did you opt for the parking assistance package? I didn't and wondering if I won't have parking sensors... I would assume this is a standard option as it was on my 40i.
Yes, I did. Build specs are as follows:

Dravit Grey Metallic
Black Extended Merino Leather
Anthracite Brown Poplar Matte Trim
Driving Assistance Professional Package
Executive Package
Parking Assistance Package
M Sport Brakes with Blue Calipers
Extended Shadowline Trim
Front and Rear Heated Seats
Front Massaging Seats
Trailer Hitch
Space-saver spare
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2021, 07:16 PM   #5
chuckins9
2021 X5 M50i
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, I did. Build specs are as follows:

Dravit Grey Metallic
Black Extended Merino Leather
Anthracite Brown Poplar Matte Trim
Driving Assistance Professional Package
Executive Package
Parking Assistance Package
M Sport Brakes with Blue Calipers
Extended Shadowline Trim
Front and Rear Heated Seats
Front Massaging Seats
Trailer Hitch
Space-saver spare
That's a great build!
Appreciate 1
FracGuy51.50
      04-05-2021, 01:18 AM   #6
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Answered your question here:

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=27433373

Quote:
Are parking sensors (front and back) standard on the M50 or do you need to add the parking assistance package?
Standard on all X5 models:
3AG - Rear view camera
ZX7 - Park distance control (PDC front and rear sensors)

Personally, ZPK Parking Assistance Package is $800 well spent.

ZPK Parking Assistance Package adds the following features:

5DN Parking Assistant Plus includes Back-up Assistant - semi-autonomous parallel and perpendicular parking, and back-up assistant will reverse you out using a stored route (up to 165ft/50m) - eg, arrive at a tight dead end in a parking garage

6DR Drive Recorder - manually stores brief video recordings around the vehicle (date, time, vehicle speed, GPS data) or automatically in the event of a collision or accident, records 20s before and after the accident.

Replaces ZX7 with ZX1 Active Park Distance Control
Replaces 3AG with ZX3 Surround View w/ 3D View
(adds front, side cameras for 360 view - this is required for remote 3D view, drive recorder and above features)

Appreciate 1
      04-05-2021, 04:52 PM   #7
MustGoFast
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X5 M50i

Quote:
All based on your build date - I can't recall what week you mentioned in another thread though....
Appreciate 1
Datemike108.00
      04-05-2021, 09:46 PM   #8
handsomdave
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: m4

i have the DHP package on my x5 and love it. coming from an m4 on kw's, i wanted the best handling option available, especially since this is a noticeably larger vehicle. it def holds the car better on turns and doesn't feel as top heavy. i feel more planted.

perhaps you won't "use or need it" but it's best to drive to a dealer with a DHP car on the lot. try to test drive back to back to see if it's necessary. i wouldn't lose any sleep over your decision. check it out and enjoy!
      04-06-2021, 12:52 PM   #9
puckybadger
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 X6 M60i LCI TBII/Tartufo

DHP is a must. The turning radius is amazing and so is the handling going in the curves
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 03:39 PM   #10
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckybadger View Post
DHP is a must. The turning radius is amazing and so is the handling going in the curves
I don't think DHP effects the turning radius. Are you maybe referring to IAS (Integral Active Steering)?
      04-06-2021, 03:56 PM   #11
puckybadger
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 X6 M60i LCI TBII/Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
I don't think DHP effects the turning radius. Are you maybe referring to IAS (Integral Active Steering)?
Yes. But DHP consists of Integral Active Steering, Adaptive M Suspension Pro, & Active Roll Stabilization
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 04:05 PM   #12
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Yes. But DHP consists of Integral Active Steering, Adaptive M Suspension Pro, & Active Roll Stabilization
Correct. I was looking at the suspension portion of DHP. The radius should be the same with IAS whether you have DHP or not.
      04-06-2021, 04:11 PM   #13
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Prior to MY21, 2VR 2-axle air suspension with IAS was available on 40i.

Technically IAS is the technology that reduces turning radius at low speeds and provides stability at higher speeds.

Other DHP components don't contribute to turning radius.

Since this is an international forum, features and packages differ by markets and model years.

When referring to BMW features or technology that provides a specific benefit, it's correct to point out the specific or combination of features/technology and NOT the entire package because technically that isn't contextually correct.

Quote:
I do agree with you that IAS is a great option on a large SAV. How you're able to option IAS whether with or without DHP is dependent on market.

I concur that IAS makes maneuvering the X5 at low speeds is beneficial and the combo of Adaptive M Pro + ARS + IAS + 2T4 makes carving curves a joy.

But I could say the same with my 40i optioned with 2VR and IAS

Appreciate 1
      04-06-2021, 04:21 PM   #14
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Correct. I was looking at the suspension portion of DHP. The radius should be the same with IAS whether you have DHP or not.
Exactly, the effective turning radius for all X5s with or without IAS is identical.

It's only when IAS is "active" that it can reduce turning radius up to 1m but the effective turning radius measurement isn't smaller by just optioning DHP.

Appreciate 0