FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXDroneRacer View Post
Wife's SUV on the way to Texas!
Ordered back in January... Finally heading home.
Dealer said to expect it Saturday or Sunday. Cool! Hope it arrives during the weekend.
Awesome build. Pretty much perfect. Just curious, what will she be mostly using it for (i.e. what are the needs)? I wish I could have convinced my wife to get something like this. LOL. Just curious if you lease or own it?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2021, 07:21 AM   #24
TXDroneRacer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 M5 Comp, 21 X5 M50i

Garage List
X5 M50 showed up Saturday afternoon. My wife was overwhelmed with joy ... tears when she saw it. Almost crying, she exclaimed "IT'S BLUE!"

We have been married for almost 26 years. We have purchased and leased about 16 vehicles during our marriage. ... Yeah, we do not keep vehicles very long, that is why I decided to lease the 2021 BMWs this time. Anyways, I always pick out the cars/SUVs and I have historically always chosen black and on a couple occasions, dark grey. If you have ever read the book "Personality Plus", you will appreciate me sharing that I am what the book refers to as a "melancholic" and my wife, a "phlegmatic." Details matter to me. My wife doesn't like to make waves or push back.

Needless to say, she was elated to see the blue. Tanzanite Blue does look beautiful. I think she felt more loved because I considered her feelings and dreams this time.

No question about it, I wanted to surprise her. I like doing that, but even more, I wanted her to feel cherished and valued. As I mentioned earlier, she was willing to sacrifice the blue due to the extra cost. I have a great wife ... always willing to sacrifice for her family. I am thankful that I could make her feel that way. I believe it glorifies God when we cherish our spouses.

I know this is going to sound crazy, but she hasn't driven it yet. The transport showed up late and we had to rush to a meeting with a house builder and didn't get home until late. We didn't even have time to eat dinner. She remarked several times during the evening that she was a bit overwhelmed by my gesture.

My wife is a school teacher and she drives on I-45 [through The Woodlands] in crazy traffic. Most drivers on this stretch of highway drive 75 to 95 MPH, so the extra horsepower will get used. Her school is about 33 miles from our current house. I wanted her to be in an X5 because of the safety features. We are building a new house closer to her school. Oh... She wanted a way to carry bikes; hence, the hitch option.

Thank you for allowing me to share this story with you.

My son and I need to wash the X5 and take photos.

Last edited by TXDroneRacer; 04-11-2021 at 07:31 AM..
Appreciate 3
jphcbpa311.50
gqgambler716.00
GrokuE751.00
      04-11-2021, 08:11 AM   #25
FracGuy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXDroneRacer View Post
X5 M50 showed up Saturday afternoon. My wife was overwhelmed with joy ... tears when she saw it. Almost crying, she exclaimed "IT'S BLUE!"

We have been married for almost 26 years. We have purchased and leased about 16 vehicles during our marriage. ... Yeah, we do not keep vehicles very long, that is why I decided to lease the 2021 BMWs this time. Anyways, I always pick out the cars/SUVs and I have historically always chosen black and on a couple occasions, dark grey. If you have ever read the book "Personality Plus", you will appreciate me sharing that I am what the book refers to as a "melancholic" and my wife, a "phlegmatic." Details matter to me. My wife doesn't like to make waves or push back.

Needless to say, she was elated to see the blue. Tanzanite Blue does look beautiful. I think she felt more loved because I considered her feelings and dreams this time.

No question about it, I wanted to surprise her. I like doing that, but even more, I wanted her to feel cherished and valued. As I mentioned earlier, she was willing to sacrifice the blue due to the extra cost. I have a great wife ... always willing to sacrifice for her family. I am thankful that I could make her feel that way. I believe it glorifies God when we cherish our spouses.

I know this is going to sound crazy, but she hasn't driven it yet. The transport showed up late and we had to rush to a meeting with a house builder and didn't get home until late. We didn't even have time to eat dinner. She remarked several times during the evening that she was a bit overwhelmed by my gesture.

My wife is a school teacher and she drives on I-45 [through The Woodlands] in crazy traffic. Most drivers on this stretch of highway drive 75 to 95 MPH, so the extra horsepower will get used. Her school is about 33 miles from our current house. I wanted her to be in an X5 because of the safety features. We are building a new house closer to her school. Oh... She wanted a way to carry bikes; hence, the hitch option.

Thank you for allowing me to share this story with you.

My son and I need to wash the X5 and take photos.
Congrats! Thanks for sharing such a great story. Can't wait for the pics and her first driving impressions!
Appreciate 0