BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-12-2023, 09:14 PM   #45
GREENPUS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M5C

Last week I got an M850i as a loaner since my X6 was at BMW getting the seat rails replaced. I have the HK in my X6 and love it. The HK in the 850 was a POS. My issue was with the function that cause volume to go down in coralation with the car slowing down. I could adjust the HK at a stop but no volume to the rear speakers. Then after driving I could hear the rear speakers so I guess BMW expects people to ajust when driving. l definitely did like this car.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2023, 09:46 PM   #46
smbsocal
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '21 M5, '59 C1, '23 X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt1949 View Post
My 2019 with HK came with the built-in hard drive. I copied music from my home library housed on a NAS on my home network to a USB stick and then to the vehicle's HDD, about 3,000 songs. Works great. I believe at some point BMW discontinued installing HDDs in the G05. I'd urge anyone who cares about music to use a USB stick, or if a Roon subscriber, use Roon's "ARC" feature to access your Roon music library via your mobile when you're driving.
I remember that, you would have to transfer the music to the HDD. It was a nice system.

As you said if you care about how music sounds stick with a USB stick or HD radio. I hate how bad everything sounds when listening to music services due to the data compression.
Appreciate 0