nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushy_musashi View Post
…Why not just touch the inside handle and unlock the rear that way?…
“the inside handle” isn’t the same as “the inside of the handle”.

also, which “handle”?

i agree with TurtleBoy. your wording (in bold above) didn’t clearly convey you were referring to the inside of the external door handle
Appreciate 1
      03-13-2024, 11:59 PM   #46
mushy_musashi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 x40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
“inside handle” isn’t the same as “inside of the handle”.

also, which “handle”?

i agree with TurtleBoy. your wording (in bold above) didn’t clearly convey you were referring to inside of the external door handle
Yup, agree that my typed words didnt clarify what i had in my head. Maybe i need to put this device down and go to bed.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2024, 02:42 AM   #47
medialook
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40d G05

Garage List
2022 BMW X5 40d  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cityman View Post
What I find annoying is getting to my destination, exiting and closing the driver’s door and realizing the rear driver’s side won’t open as I try to retrieve my bag. I then have to open the driver’s door and unlock it, as I don’t carry my key fob and only use watch and iphone, which would take longer than opening the door and hitting “unlock.” Am I missing something here?
That's another issue I'm experiencing. I don't think it's been happening from "new"
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2024, 08:12 AM   #48
Cityman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X5 M60i

Garage List
I’ll just be sure and hit the unlock on my inside door as I exit or hit the unlock on the exterior door handle if I forget. But it sounds like the easiest thing to do is switch the settings to unlock all doors when I turn off the engine. Thanks for all the tips. Still learning, which is why this forum is great!
Appreciate 1
nZtiZia4714.50
      03-14-2024, 11:48 AM   #49
Photographer918
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5, Tundra, Telluride

Quote:
What I find annoying is getting to my destination, exiting and closing the driver’s door and realizing the rear driver’s side won’t open as I try to retrieve my bag. I then have to open the driver’s door and unlock it, as I don’t carry my key fob and only use watch and iphone, which would take longer than opening the door and hitting “unlock.” Am I missing something here?
If you’re driving an LCI model - the ‘24 in your profile - you don’t have an unlock sensor in the rear door handle, or for that matter, a lock sensor. Improvement of the LCI - not…….
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2024, 11:57 AM   #50
Photographer918
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5, Tundra, Telluride

Quote:
I’ll just be sure and hit the unlock on my inside door as I exit or hit the unlock on the exterior door handle if I forget. But it sounds like the easiest thing to do is switch the settings to unlock all doors when I turn off the engine. Thanks for all the tips. Still learning, which is why this forum is great!
There’s a potential security issue there - I want the driver’s door only to unlock when I touch that door handle, not all doors. And I don’t ever want any doors to unlock when I put the vehicle in Park or switch it off……
Appreciate 1
Cityman191.50
      03-14-2024, 12:36 PM   #51
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photographer918 View Post
There’s a potential security issue there - I want the driver’s door only to unlock when I touch that door handle, not all doors. And I don’t ever want any doors to unlock when I put the vehicle in Park or switch it off……
meh.

I can understand how threat assessment dictates how one exits the vehicle, which is why we have options available in the settings as nobody’s use case and situation are identical. sounds like you simply have no need to access any other door, so it works for you to just have the driver door open. he still needs to unlock the rear driver door, so how do you suppose he do that through any number of available methods without increasing risk?

we’re a family of four. if a threat were chasing my family, best believe all the doors unlocking together is the best option when seeking safety inside the vehicle (just an example of YMMV)

all that said, your driver’s door is unlocked. that’s still a potential security issue itself with no significant risk reduction since would-be thieves target the driver door more often than the passenger door.
Appreciate 0