BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-28-2019, 06:41 AM   #1
kthankzbye
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10 550i, 2020 G05 40i

Ordered 2020 X5 40i, might cancel

So, I've ordered a 2020 X5 40 from a dealer many weeks ago, about 2-3 weeks. I've been asking for the production number for the longest time. I've also emailed them a few days after they said the order has been sent, that I want to add the 2-axle AS. No email response.
Last Thursday, I threatened to cancel the order if I don't receive my PO# by Saturday. However, another dealer was going to beat their offer on Saturday if they haven't responded. So, nothing.
Today, Tuesday, they emailed me the PO# and no AS on the specs. It's in production now... should I cancel or refuse it? No deposit has been made.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2019, 07:08 AM   #2
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
I had an incredibly similar issue. Wasted 2 weeks of my time with a dealer that was very unresponsive. I had to make huge efforts just to get in touch with them. And they only gave me my production # when I threatened to take back my deposit. Ultimately I cancelled my order and did take back my deposit because I figured, if things are this difficult dealing with them now, it'll be a grueling month+ while I wait for delivery of the car.

My advice, cancel your order and go with the other dealership. I'm so happy I did, and the new dealership is incredibly easy to work with. Got me a production # within 2 hours of placing the order with them.

Here's the thread I had started with this issue:

https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1643161
Appreciate 0