BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-02-2010, 02:47 PM   #23
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
so get in your car and drive west til it's wet. Nobody is forcing you to stay.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 06:15 PM   #24
Day Laborer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS / iX 50i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tondtar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Laborer View Post
http://reginahusman.tumblr.com/

Born in Indonesia, raised in US
Asylum from what?
Hard-working tax payer? Instate tuition for an illegal immigrant huh?
Hmm... Go shopping and drive a BMW? Or should she have used those funds to qualify for a student visa instead?
I'm sorry for the harsh words, but my guess leads me to think her mothers decision to overstay her visitation to the US may have cost her daughter a bright future.
This could have been prevented if they decided to follow the rules.

I apologize ahead for flaming on this post, I just feel like this "tragedy" could have been prevented in so many ways. (i.e. Student visa, work study program, H1B visa, application for US residency while at country of origin, US citizen sponsorship, etc)
Pretty harsh stand on immigration issues for a guy with a handle like that ...Unless you've got your Green Card and now want the gate to be closed off
Well, my handle, or screen name was chosen this way because of my transition from active duty to navy reserves; my drill weekends consists of me asking for work.
I am also an immigrant, who became a citizen and served in Iraq as a US citizen.

I don't agree with the policy of locking up illegal immigrants, but I do believe they should wait in line just like all the other immigrants.
Part-time with Next Level Auto Brokers, LLC https://www.instagram.com/nextlevelautobrokers/
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2010, 02:50 PM   #25
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Rules are rules, and if the U.S. gave every "nice illegal immigrant" a break, how is the government supposed to decide between one immigrant "who is allowed to break the rules" and the other "who isn't".

Bottom line, people can bitch and moan about how this country is unfair, and sucks, and bla, bla, bla. But you don't see those people leaving do ya? You don't see people running from this country, do ya? If this place sucks so much why does everyone try to come here? In Western Europe they are not HALF as accommodating to foreigners, foreign languages and immigrants as we are.

No matter what this country and its government does, its never good enough for anyone, yet I don't see many governments doing any better. The officers, judges and policymakers are made up of people like you and me, not some mythical "a**hole" just looking to "f**k up your day".

So, good luck to the girl and her mother, maybe one day they will be able to get back in on an H1.

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2011, 12:57 AM   #26
HellaFunctional
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 911S

dude wtf you know regina too?!
LOL
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2011, 01:07 AM   #27
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

what the fuck man, come on
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2011, 09:38 PM   #28
samwoo2go
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

I say.....FUCK her

i would say that more than 80% of the people that got into the US on asylum status are frauds (purely speculation, not backed by evidence). If she is in a asylum case, chances are, shes not coming in legit. ICE has a job to do just like everybody else. you don't know what evidence ICE has. only citizens of the United States enjoy full constitutional rights and if ur not a citizen, tough shit, fight ur case in detention or gtfo

bitch you should've danced with me at that club that 1 day!

Last edited by samwoo2go; 01-02-2011 at 09:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2011, 09:42 PM   #29
ScaredOnce
Very Important
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335xi (e92)

Garage List
Cool

if she wants to stay, she knows what to do... i'd hit it.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2011, 10:21 PM   #30
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
I suspect some of that story is bullshit and elaborated in order to get sympathy. I had to visit an ICE detention center for my job and I would hardly call it cruel punishment. It was more like grown up summer camp. The "detainees" had tons of freedom to walk around and do what they wanted. There was even a table of women sitting and knitting things with 12in long knitting needles. I don't think those get handed out in real prisons. There wasn't one single criminal in the whole place either. ICE doesn't detain criminal/violent offenders with non-violent/non-criminal people for obvious reasons. So that part about other criminals is bullshit.

And her situation sucks but I'm sorry, rules are rules. Instead of buying BMW's and all that crap she should have been pursuing her immigration case. Asylum is one of the harder ways to get in, so she should've planned a backup. Citizenship into this country is not a right.
      01-03-2011, 12:24 AM   #31
m3pare
Banned
Philippines
Rep
Drives: OBD1 M3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellaFunctional View Post
dude wtf you know regina too?!
LOL
you just had to bump the thread.... lol

who doesn't know regina if you live in the 626? which hs did you graduate from?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 01:40 AM   #32
bmwmike335
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: m4

u guys are fucking morons. what the fuck does buying a BMW have to do with citizenship u stupid ignorant fucks. its a fucking buying process, you walk in, sign a contract, leave with a car. What are you proposing that instead of the 1 hour she spent getting her 335, that she should have spent that 1 hour crying cuz shes not a citizen? Called the Asylum place to check up on her status? get a fucking life, you know very well if it wasn't for Immigrants this country would be sucking Russia and Chinas dick. America has and will always forever rely on its Immigrants (also previously known as slaves), they are the backbone. they do the work lazy slob spoiled Americans never would. If your so proud of your country, blame your country for having welfare and all this other bullshit government assistance programs, not the people who take advantage of it, vote Republic and encourage your kids to in the Army,

AND MOST OF ALL ASS HOLE BUY A FUCKING FORD, dont spend all day on a BMW forum.

fukin kids.

I hope she gets her case approved and gets a green light for citizenship.
2013 535i (RIP), 2014 535i (RIP)
2013 e92 M3 interlagos blue
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 01:55 AM   #33
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

white knights have arrived
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 02:01 AM   #34
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwmike335 View Post
u guys are fucking morons. what the fuck does buying a BMW have to do with citizenship u stupid ignorant fucks. its a fucking buying process, you walk in, sign a contract, leave with a car. What are you proposing that instead of the 1 hour she spent getting her 335, that she should have spent that 1 hour crying cuz shes not a citizen? Called the Asylum place to check up on her status? get a fucking life, you know very well if it wasn't for Immigrants this country would be sucking Russia and Chinas dick. America has and will always forever rely on its Immigrants (also previously known as slaves), they are the backbone. they do the work lazy slob spoiled Americans never would. If your so proud of your country, blame your country for having welfare and all this other bullshit government assistance programs, not the people who take advantage of it, vote Republic and encourage your kids to in the Army,

fukin kids.

welp
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 08:55 AM   #35
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:

fukin kids.

1) There's arguing your point to be heard, and there's ranting. You're ranting. You'll never convince anyone of anything they don't already believe if you rant. If you want to influence others, you'll have to learn how to spell, punctuate, and speak with tact.

2) I think they were saying that she should have been spending money and time ensuring her citizenship. I think that's where the "instead of buying a BMW" arguments were coming from. If deportation was such an issue, maybe time and money would have been better spent preventing it...? Makes sense to me.

3) You seem to be advocating slavery. I'm not sure that's a really good stance.

4) I'm assuming you're saying "vote Republican and encourage your kids to join the Army".... Interesting.... Maybe Regina should have thought of joining the Navy. They have fast tracks to citizenship there if I'm not mistaken. Odd how you would talk about this country being built on slavery and then insinuate that the Army is bad, when this country was built on, as has been held up by, its military prowess. Of course there were other factors as well, but without an Army, we'd be "sucking Russia and Chinas dick."

-----

Do you think we should just hand citizenship out to everyone who can produce a sob story? I'm not asking to bust your balls, I was just wondering if you had any sort of rational thought to share on the subject, or if you were just being pissy.

I believe it should be eaiser to attain citizenship, but I'm still not sure how we can make that happen without revamping the entire process, which would take a miracle from the non-miracle workers on Capitol Hill, and tons of money.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 09:36 AM   #36
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

As much as feel things like this should not happen and these two are probably being singled out as examples. However, this is what happen when people thumb their noses at the government and processes. However the government has not made it easy or accessible for people to come to the US and be a citizen, nor have they allows individuals who want to come and labor in the US to come and go on work visa's

With that said I have no real sympathy for these people, I recently research my own grand parents entrance into the US back in the early 1900's. My grand dad came here first and had to go through Ellis Island and that process some times took days or weeks depending on the person and their particular situation. Also it required you to have a means to earn a living and such and a place to go. Granted, it was not perfect but it gave people a means to coming to the US and the US a ways determine who this person was. After he was able to establish himself and get a job he sent back for my grandmother and aunt and they two had to go through the same process.

As being a second generation citizen and coming from a family of common means, I can appreciate everything I have and would never deny anyone the same, however, so many of these people have illegally entered and a number of them are only here to take advantage of the US and give nothing back, and now the US is sending a clear message to these people. Keep in mind the US many times has offer these people amnesty if they came clean, most of them never did since they lack trust in the government and they had other things to hid so now they are stuck between the boarder fence and the government.

Last edited by Maestro; 01-03-2011 at 11:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 10:13 AM   #37
newdadkel
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X6M CBM

Come on, she is 20 and she was brought over here at least 3 years ago ("when she was a minor"). Citizenship is a long process but she should not have been using asylum as her only means towards that goal.
Of course, it could be that she has no idea of the process, or her parents told her that they were citizens already.
Either way, if you are here illegally and not trying to stay legally, too bad!
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 10:32 AM   #38
HellaFunctional
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 911S

Quote:

fukin kids.

Calm down bro it is off topic..
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 10:34 PM   #39
bmwmike335
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
1) There's arguing your point to be heard, and there's ranting. You're ranting. You'll never convince anyone of anything they don't already believe if you rant. If you want to influence others, you'll have to learn how to spell, punctuate, and speak with tact.

2) I think they were saying that she should have been spending money and time ensuring her citizenship. I think that's where the "instead of buying a BMW" arguments were coming from. If deportation was such an issue, maybe time and money would have been better spent preventing it...? Makes sense to me.

3) You seem to be advocating slavery. I'm not sure that's a really good stance.

4) I'm assuming you're saying "vote Republican and encourage your kids to join the Army".... Interesting.... Maybe Regina should have thought of joining the Navy. They have fast tracks to citizenship there if I'm not mistaken. Odd how you would talk about this country being built on slavery and then insinuate that the Army is bad, when this country was built on, as has been held up by, its military prowess. Of course there were other factors as well, but without an Army, we'd be "sucking Russia and Chinas dick."

-----

Do you think we should just hand citizenship out to everyone who can produce a sob story? I'm not asking to bust your balls, I was just wondering if you had any sort of rational thought to share on the subject, or if you were just being pissy.

I believe it should be eaiser to attain citizenship, but I'm still not sure how we can make that happen without revamping the entire process, which would take a miracle from the non-miracle workers on Capitol Hill, and tons of money.
1. Excuse my "poor grammar and spelling"

2. I never said anything "bad" about the army. Your talking to a guy who has Marine posters in his room and was thinking about joining back in High Shool.

3. I dont think I'm taking a stance on slavery, everyone knows slaves brought this country up, if you cant admit it then I'm sorry you need to repeat American History. Im not saying slavery is good or bad, it just is, it happened. Thats all.

4. Yes, RepiblicAN.

5. I love how you had nothing to say about my buying a Ford Comment.

6. I'm not here to argue, I said my part and I'm done.

Theres Land of the Law and Spirit of the Law.
2013 535i (RIP), 2014 535i (RIP)
2013 e92 M3 interlagos blue
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 10:55 PM   #40
b0bab0i
Major
Rep
Drives: 03 TiAG z4 3.0i w/ hardtop

Quote:

fukin kids.

Appreciate 0
      01-04-2011, 05:18 AM   #41
samwoo2go
Banned
Rep

Quote:
1. Excuse my "poor grammar and spelling"

2. I never said anything "bad" about the army. Your talking to a guy who has Marine posters in his room and was thinking about joining back in High Shool.

3. I dont think I'm taking a stance on slavery, everyone knows slaves brought this country up, if you cant admit it then I'm sorry you need to repeat American History. Im not saying slavery is good or bad, it just is, it happened. Thats all.

4. Yes, RepiblicAN.

5. I love how you had nothing to say about my buying a Ford Comment.

6. I'm not here to argue, I said my part and I'm done.

Theres Land of the Law and Spirit of the Law.
let me ask u this then if your dad got bite on the penis by a rattle snake and the only way to save him is to suck the poison out of his penis head, would you suck it to save your dad's life?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2011, 06:08 AM   #42
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
why doesnt she just marry and get her citizenship?
she's pretty do-able

if she really wanted to stay so badly
      01-04-2011, 06:38 AM   #43
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonyoonn View Post
thats fcked up.. fck america. I SAID IT.
Actually, you didn't - you don't even have the spine to spell out a swear word.

But if that's really how you feel, you can get the fuck out. I'd rather my taxes help someone who appreciates this place.
      01-04-2011, 06:44 AM   #44
samwoo2go
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonyoonn View Post
thats fcked up.. fck america. I SAID IT.
look bro France is just a pond away
Appreciate 0