General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbis1 View Post
Any updates on the fix?
Not yet.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 2
xmanpro3101.50
ed41367.50
      02-23-2021, 07:34 PM   #266
Tenac
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: All

New MSS Install

Hey all today I picked up my ride after the install of the MSS, and the secondary cat delete, front reflector remove, with wheel spacers.

12mm front, 15mm rear spacers. (I'll need to get more pictures when I get time) I think they finish it off very nicely.

Secondary cat delete. WOW I didn't not expect this much difference. No drone that I can hear. It is slightly louder at normal driving, but turn the M1 or M2 on and WOW. I did a decent pull in Mexico before going home and every up shift was loud gurggles and the noise was music to my ears. Probably one of the best things I spent any money on so far. Can't wait to add a slip-on or full cat back system.

MSS springs installed. Front lowest possible, rear 10mm up from lowest possible. I did a few tests in different modes. The shop could not find any noise or issues. They looked at the sway bar as well and said nothing stands out to them and the test drive didn't show any noise or awkward handling. The shop did say they were some difficult springs to install and SEAT correctly. It was attempted a couple times to get it just right.

My ride home, I first drove around city streets taking right and left turns for about 1.5hrs. Then went to the highway to get home.

Comfort mode: No noise and WOW it handles bumps so much better!!! I'm not sure if others feel this and just didn't express it like me but damn it feels like I glide over bumps.

M1 (Sport Plus Engine, Exhaust, Sport Steering & Brakes, EDC on). First thing I noticed the wheel is tighter, "quicker to respond to input" it feels much more planted. Not sure how to describe it but it feels like I just lost 500lbs while turning in the city. (no curves at speed yet). Also no popping noise or anything. Bumps reacted like I remember stiff but planted. I did hit a bad bump going 30 on a corner and did not feel any hard bump stops or wheel hop.

M2 ALL Sport Plus and EDC off. It gets rough here. In this setting I felt everything, still handled very well with no slop but hit a bump you feel it. Once again no noises yet and no wheel hop. No big bumps where hit during this test.

With all this in mind I know it was only about 110miles on them today so it is possible I will hear popping later, or I will find things that will wheel hop the rear. I'll keep you all update if I do. Fingers crossed I do not have any popping.

I have to give a shout-out to Ben at RG Sports. The MSS kit did not have the install instructions and he was able to get me a copy within mins of asking. Thank You!!!!

Pics Enjoy
Attached Images

2015 M235 Manual
On the list for the M2 CS
Appreciate 12
r33_RGSport12971.00
jsnkim320.50
xmanpro3101.50
ed41367.50
m-prsev74.50
X5MC_LI617.00
155ND910.00
hdahman236.50
Torijona138.00
QF8221.00
Alan l.5453.00
Noneya251.50
      02-23-2021, 07:45 PM   #267
denaliman
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X6M Competition

Garage List
2013 X6M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenac View Post
Hey all today I picked up my ride after the install of the MSS, and the secondary cat delete, front reflector remove, with wheel spacers.

12mm front, 15mm rear spacers. (I'll need to get more pictures when I get time) I think they finish it off very nicely.

Secondary cat delete. WOW I didn't not expect this much difference. No drone that I can hear. It is slightly louder at normal driving, but turn the M1 or M2 on and WOW. I did a decent pull in Mexico before going home and every up shift was loud gurggles and the noise was music to my ears. Probably one of the best things I spent any money on so far. Can't wait to add a slip-on or full cat back system.

MSS springs installed. Front lowest possible, rear 10mm up from lowest possible. I did a few tests in different modes. The shop could not find any noise or issues. They looked at the sway bar as well and said nothing stands out to them and the test drive didn't show any noise or awkward handling. The shop did say they were some difficult springs to install and SEAT correctly. It was attempted a couple times to get it just right.

My ride home, I first drove around city streets taking right and left turns for about 1.5hrs. Then went to the highway to get home.

Comfort mode: No noise and WOW it handles bumps so much better!!! I'm not sure if others feel this and just didn't express it like me but damn it feels like I glide over bumps.

M1 (Sport Plus Engine, Exhaust, Sport Steering & Brakes, EDC on). First thing I noticed the wheel is tighter, "quicker to respond to input" it feels much more planted. Not sure how to describe it but it feels like I just lost 500lbs while turning in the city. (no curves at speed yet). Also no popping noise or anything. Bumps reacted like I remember stiff but planted. I did hit a bad bump going 30 on a corner and did not feel any hard bump stops or wheel hop.

M2 ALL Sport Plus and EDC off. It gets rough here. In this setting I felt everything, still handled very well with no slop but hit a bump you feel it. Once again no noises yet and no wheel hop. No big bumps where hit during this test.

With all this in mind I know it was only about 110miles on them today so it is possible I will hear popping later, or I will find things that will wheel hop the rear. I'll keep you all update if I do. Fingers crossed I do not have any popping.

I have to give a shout-out to Ben at RG Sports. The MSS kit did not have the install instructions and he was able to get me a copy within mins of asking. Thank You!!!!

Pics Enjoy
Thanks for the write up. I’m interested in the “cold start” loudness as well and compared to stock. I had an Eisenmann race exhaust with down pipes and full tune on my previous X6M and the cold start shook all the neighbours from their beds in the morning lol. Drone was persistent at hiway speeds. I want to avoid being too loud at city and cruising speeds.

Appreciate 0
      02-23-2021, 08:05 PM   #268
Tenac
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by denaliman View Post
Thanks for the write up. I’m interested in the “cold start” loudness as well and compared to stock. I had an Eisenmann race exhaust with down pipes and full tune on my previous X6M and the cold start shook all the neighbours from their beds in the morning lol. Drone was persistent at hiway speeds. I want to avoid being too loud at city and cruising speeds.
It is louder than stock but not that much at cold start. You really get to hear it under heavy throttle.
2015 M235 Manual
Appreciate 2
r33_RGSport12971.00
ed41367.50
      02-23-2021, 08:27 PM   #269
HZX540e
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5MC

Please post a sound clip to show "every up shift was loud gurggles and the noise" That is one thing I miss from the AMG.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2021, 08:28 PM   #270
Powerbeast
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 RarriRot

Looks great.
Appreciate 1
Tenac4539.50
      02-23-2021, 09:10 PM   #271
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Pics Enjoy
Thank you for the shoutout!!!
Your car looking hot!!!
Appreciate 2
Tenac4539.50
ed41367.50
      02-23-2021, 09:27 PM   #272
ed4
Captain
Rep
Drives: '21 F96 X6MC, '18 G30 M550i

Quote:

Pics Enjoy
Sexy AF!

'23 F93 M8 GC ZCP
- HRE S101SC - Full Akrapovic - '15 Audi R8 4.2 S-Tronic
(Past) YouTube '21 F96 X6M ZCP Akrapovic/MSS/BC Forged, ‘18 G30 M550i, '18 G01 X3 M40i, '15 F10 M5 ZCP HRE S101 #1 & #2/Akrapovic, ‘13 W204 C63 AMG - ADV1 5.01SL's
Appreciate 1
Tenac4539.50
      02-23-2021, 09:51 PM   #273
Tenac
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HZX540e View Post
Please post a sound clip to show "every up shift was loud gurggles and the noise" That is one thing I miss from the AMG.
I'll work on this, I don't really have good equipment for it but will try to find away.
2015 M235 Manual
Appreciate 1
HZX540e373.50
      02-24-2021, 06:40 PM   #274
hdahman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5MC

Tenac Nice color
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 10:47 AM   #275
chrisfc923
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 MBB X5MC

Quote:

Pics Enjoy

Nice so now after driving for alittle bit, you have no sounds from the rear ?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 10:57 AM   #276
Tenac
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by topaz330 View Post
No sounds at all yet... I'm skeptical still.
2015 M235 Manual
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 10:58 AM   #277
xmanpro
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 24 M8C 24 X6MC 21 M3C

I wonder if the rear won't make noise if it's not set to the lowest setting.
r33_RGSport12971.00
      02-25-2021, 11:02 AM   #278
Poleposition
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
United_States
Rep
Drives: very well

Any feedback from the H&R setup?
2024 i4 M50 on order

IG @purpleM5Comp_NY
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12971.00
      02-25-2021, 11:17 AM   #279
Torijona
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F95 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmanpro View Post
That is a possibility. Can we send a poll on here? Maybe we can do the data analysis that way? I am sure we would get some additional insight. But still, that should not matter. If that is the case, then a new adjuster will need to replace the current one to limit drop to account for those 10 mm or creating an additional part to fit in between.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12971.00
      02-25-2021, 11:20 AM   #280
Torijona
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F95 X5M

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by topaz330 View Post
No sounds at all yet... I'm skeptical still.
I got that PTSD for a couple of days. It will pass. I remember hearing popping noises from small stones on the ground and my heart stopped 😂

If you didn't have an issue before after install, you won't have any now. Just remember to check torque again after a few hundred miles. Enjoy!
Appreciate 2
r33_RGSport12971.00
Tenac4539.50
      02-25-2021, 11:35 AM   #281
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It doesn't matter.
Because the noise not coming out from the spring.

MSS UK reported back to me, it is the sway bar securing bolts.
So, they are saying that adjustable drop links is not necessary.

I will finalize it today and report back.
Appreciate 3
Tenac4539.50
xmanpro3101.50
ed41367.50
      02-25-2021, 11:36 AM   #282
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poleposition View Post
Any feedback from the H&R setup?
Unfortunately nothing yet.
I am still debating on doing a swap just for a sake on giving out feedback.
Appreciate 1
ed41367.50
      02-25-2021, 12:34 PM   #283
xmanpro
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 24 M8C 24 X6MC 21 M3C

Ok will wait for Ben to report back. Thanks Ben!
ed41367.50
r33_RGSport12971.00
      02-25-2021, 01:22 PM   #284
ed4
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
It doesn't matter.
Because the noise not coming out from the spring.

MSS UK reported back to me, it is the sway bar securing bolts.
So, they are saying that adjustable drop links is not necessary.

I will finalize it today and report back.
Wondering if this is the same issue with mine, with the stock Comp springs & height. I took a test ride with a master tech yesterday, thank goodness the noise noticeably occurred about a dozen times on the short drive.

I booked an appointment with my dealer to fix my issue first, then I'll be a calling a Ben for an MSS kit

'23 F93 M8 GC ZCP
(Past) YouTube '21 F96 X6M ZCP Akrapovic/MSS/BC Forged, ‘18 G30 M550i, '18 G01 X3 M40i, '15 F10 M5 ZCP HRE S101 #1 & #2/Akrapovic, ‘13 W204 C63 AMG - ADV1 5.01SL's
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12971.00
      02-25-2021, 01:26 PM   #285
ed4
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Ok will wait for Ben to report back. Thanks Ben!
I'm guessing the H&R's will have a stiffer ride than the MSS's and/or the stock Comp springs? This is based on the H&R's on my C63 a ways back.

I'm curious as well, and hoping I'm wrong.

'23 F93 M8 GC ZCP
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12971.00
      02-25-2021, 01:55 PM   #286
chrisfc923
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 MBB X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torijona View Post
I got that PTSD for a couple of days. It will pass. I remember hearing popping noises from small stones on the ground and my heart stopped 😂

If you didn't have an issue before after install, you won't have any now. Just remember to check torque again after a few hundred miles. Enjoy!
I wish that was true but its not in my case. I did not have that sound prior to installing the mss kit.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12971.00