BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-28-2021, 01:02 PM   #67
dananelson1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 X5 45e, 13 X5xdrive50i SOLD

calbears

Thanks for reply. Bad news for me - I might bail on the whole thing. We'll see....this stinks.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 01:13 PM   #68
Bearco
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasShelby View Post
Just registered to this site after reading all the drama. Been a while since I was in the world of BMW, not sure I can say it's nice to be back

Ordered an almost fully loaded 45e on Tuesday, only to read this post on Wednesday. I already knew about the fog lights, tow hitch, stereo, etc- but the touchscreen is going to be a dealbreaker.

My SA yesterday said he spoke to a 'rep' who said mine will still include the touchscreen, but I just don't see how that can be true. My order is in 111 status.

Having put a deposit down to order this, I'm wondering exactly how I can back out if there is no touchscreen and how I can determine if it will/will not be included? Also, where in the garage does it show the deletion of back up assist, I don't see it anywhere?

This really sucks.
My SA said I can just decline the car after I see it when it arrives and they’ll give my deposit back.

Like I mentioned earlier, they removed some of my options when it changed to scheduled for production this week. Between august and now, all my options were still on my garage.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 01:18 PM   #69
ThomasShelby
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 45e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearco View Post
My SA said I can just decline the car after I see it when it arrives and they’ll give my deposit back.

Like I mentioned earlier, they removed some of my options when it changed to scheduled for production this week. Between august and now, all my options were still on my garage.
That's good to know, thank you. I'll probably reach out to my guy and double check. He must think I'm crazy with all of these inquiries, but I blame BMW!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 01:41 PM   #70
S_McTowelie
Private
Rep
Drives: \

Quote:
Just registered to this site after reading all the drama. Been a while since I was in the world of BMW, not sure I can say it's nice to be back

Ordered an almost fully loaded 45e on Tuesday, only to read this post on Wednesday. I already knew about the fog lights, tow hitch, stereo, etc- but the touchscreen is going to be a dealbreaker.

My SA yesterday said he spoke to a 'rep' who said mine will still include the touchscreen, but I just don't see how that can be true. My order is in 111 status.

Having put a deposit down to order this, I'm wondering exactly how I can back out if there is no touchscreen and how I can determine if it will/will not be included? Also, where in the garage does it show the deletion of back up assist, I don't see it anywhere?

This really sucks.
Hey Thomas. It will show under the Standard Features drop down on the page where you can track the status. It'll say Deletion of Backup Assistant. Guessing you would have needed to have the package selected that would have included that feature (ie Parking assistance package).

Reached out to sales person to see what the scoop is with my order. I'll report back when I hear anything.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 01:57 PM   #71
ThomasShelby
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_McTowelie View Post
Hey Thomas. It will show under the Standard Features drop down on the page where you can track the status. It'll say Deletion of Backup Assistant. Guessing you would have needed to have the package selected that would have included that feature (ie Parking assistance package).

Reached out to sales person to see what the scoop is with my order. I'll report back when I hear anything.
Eventually figured out where standard features was listed and while mine does not say "deletion of back up assist" I also do NOT see back up assist listed as a standard feature. Should I be seeing it or perhaps since I ordered Tuesday it was already removed? This is ridiculous that one would spend $79K on a car to have this type of problem.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 02:15 PM   #72
S_McTowelie
Private
Rep
Drives: \

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_McTowelie View Post

Eventually figured out where standard features was listed and while mine does not say "deletion of back up assist" I also do NOT see back up assist listed as a standard feature. Should I be seeing it or perhaps since I ordered Tuesday it was already removed? This is ridiculous that one would spend $79K on a car to have this type of problem.
My sneaking suspicion given what I'm reading here is (assuming you optioned the Parking Assistance Package): give it a little time for the deletion to show up, seeing the order was just placed. I saw mine change after looking at this thread; my order was placed October 15 and went into Production Begins status last week with a VIN assigned.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 02:19 PM   #73
kplatinum777
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5 45e

So, as an update, I finally got my dealership to call me back. The manager didn't have any idea about the touchscreen deletion. He said, "I have a list of everything BMW's deleted from last week, and that's not on it."

I said, "Well, this was a very recent change. Can you check mine."

He said, "I know Wireless Charging is the one thing that was deleted for yours. And whenever BMW deletes something, they note it and give you a cash credit" Then he checked and said, "I'm showing the only deletion for yours is 6UY, which I believe is the Wireless Charging. And it has a $500 credit."

Turns out 6UY is the damn touchscreen.

I think I'm out. Between the nice audio options, the backup assistant, the wireless charging, the fog lights, and now the touchscreen, I will always dislike this car. The PHEV thing would have been nice, but I just can't. Maybe some other time.
'22 Outback Touring XT
'06 XJ Vanden Plas
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 02:23 PM   #74
TCBavarian
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5M, M2CS, E46 ZHP, E53 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kplatinum777 View Post
So, as an update, I finally got my dealership to call me back. The manager didn't have any idea about the touchscreen deletion. He said, "I have a list of everything BMW's deleted from last week, and that's not on it."

He said, "I know Wireless Charging is the one thing that was deleted for yours. And whenever BMW deletes something, they note it and give you a cash credit" Then he checked and said, "I'm showing the only deletion for yours is 6UY, which I believe is the Wireless Charging. And it has a $500 credit."

I think I'm out. Between the nice audio options, the backup assistant, the wireless charging, the fog lights, and now the touchscreen, I will always dislike this car. The PHEV thing would have been nice, but I just can't. Maybe some other time.
Sorry to hear that. I guess this news allows you and others to get ahead and start shopping again.

I really hope this is relatively short term
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 02:23 PM   #75
kingmonkeyjr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3M40i, GLC63, E63s, Trackhawk

From my SA…
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 02:27 PM   #76
ThomasShelby
Private
Rep

Quote:

Really sucks, I'm with you on this. Just ordered Tuesday and I'm going to already cancel the order. Terrible.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 02:27 PM   #77
moodyhank82
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 45e & G87 6MT

Quote:
Not knowing your tax situation, might not be a bad idea to take delivery this year, claim the tax credit and order another one if the lack of features annoy you and when these features are available again. If the used car market stays hot, you should be able to trade in your old one with very little loss that the tax credit should be more than enough to compensate for.
      10-28-2021, 02:35 PM   #78
kplatinum777
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCBavarian View Post
Sorry to hear that. I guess this news allows you and others to get ahead and start shopping again.

No, thank you for apprising us all of this situation. The dealerships haven't been doing a great job of keeping up with deletions and notifying customers. As I said, my dealer had absolutely no idea.
'22 Outback Touring XT
'06 XJ Vanden Plas
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 02:39 PM   #79
ThomasShelby
Private
Rep

Stolen from another, not as awesome, forum:

Over the course of the last several months, we have managed to maintain the majority of our planned production in spite of limits to certain option content. As we move further into Q4, some of these limitations have increased in scope. In an effort to maintain production levels through the end of the year, we have decided to remove the touch functionality from the Central Information Display in several vehicles starting production this week.

Impacted models:
G20 3 Series
G22/G23 4 Series Coupe and Convertible
G26 4 Series Gran Coupe (excluding i4)
G29 Z4
G05/G06/G07 (all variants)
These vehicles will have the Option Code 6UY “Deletion of Touchscreen” on the Monroney and an option credit of $500 will be applied to all vehicles produced without touch functionality.

This adjustment impacts all planned production for vehicles listed above, and as a result, we are unable to prioritize variants or P1 customer sold orders. We understand this change will require dialogue with customers awaiting delivery and additional action at the Client Advisor level.

Dealers will also be required to have customers sign a form confirming acknowledgement of the change.

With the inclusion of Option Code 6UY:
Touch functionality will not be present in the aforementioned vehicles
Other functionalities of the infotainment system (including Apple CarPlay and Android Auto) remain unaffected and can be used via the iDrive Controller and/or voice control
Additionally, vehicles with Parking Assistant Package (5DN/ZPK) will lose Backup Assistant when coupled with 6UY
These vehicles will have Option Code ZUY included in the build and Monroney labels to indicate “Deletion of Backup Assistant”
Vehicles with Option Code 6UY are expected to begin shipping this week from Plant Spartanburg, with overseas production to follow next week. All vehicles produced with this option will require a software update prior to retail and customer delivery as they will be shipped and wholesaled with a Retail Stop Sale. The software update will be available as of November 11.

With the software update forthcoming, we felt it was best to deliver the vehicles as they are built to expedite the resolution process. We acknowledge this is a different approach and thank you for your flexibility, continued cooperation and commitment to BMW.

Thank you.

~Jon S.
Appreciate 5
      10-28-2021, 02:41 PM   #80
TCBavarian
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5M, M2CS, E46 ZHP, E53 X5

Quote:
Quote:

No, thank you for apprising us all of this situation. The dealerships haven't been doing a great job of keeping up with deletions and notifying customers. As I said, my dealer had absolutely no idea.
In general I think upper management at dealers aren't really bothered. Then know they can put it on the lot or call someone on a list and it'll be gone in a flash.

It's the client advisors that get burned. They worked for the order/sale. This causes a customer to drop out and then the unit becomes open for any other client advisor to snatch up as a sale under their belt.

The good ones will get you lined up in another build later and do whatever possible to keep you as a future customer.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 02:42 PM   #81
mcbmw88
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW x3 x35i

Quote:

It's scary to see the manager guessing on what features they're even talking about. I called my salesperson this afternoon and she said "I've not seen or heard anything yet. Some models are more susceptible to losing features over the X5, so maybe that's what is going on" .... Like... Huh? Is this happening or not? haha
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 03:31 PM   #82
synchronicityii
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 xDrive45e M Sport

My 45e—my first BMW ever—was going to be my primary touring car for the next six or seven years. I could live with a lot of the deletions but the loss of the touchscreen was backbreaking. Either I’m going to refuse the car or convert it to a lease, knowing that I’m not going to have it that long, and then when I turn it back in, I can upgrade to a new X5 with the parts shortages a distant memory.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 03:35 PM   #83
3Wagon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 325iT

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodyhank82 View Post
I have a week 49 order that still shows the tow hitch and no deletion of touchscreen or backup assistant. This could be a temporary change not affecting you if you have a later build date. Of course a later build date can lose other options as well with this general parts shortage...
From reading what BMW says, I think you're in the same boat, sadly. They are shipping models incomplete w/ software expected to arrive later in November before they can release them. If they had touchscreens coming in November, they'd hold them up rather than writing all new software to accomodate.

I'd gladly postpone a month if I could get a touchscreen but that looks like no go.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 03:37 PM   #84
3Wagon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 325iT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbmw88 View Post
It's scary to see the manager guessing on what features they're even talking about. I called my salesperson this afternoon and she said "I've not seen or heard anything yet. Some models are more susceptible to losing features over the X5, so maybe that's what is going on" .... Like... Huh? Is this happening or not? haha
I mean, when do SAs ever know more than enthusiast forums? Minus the small handful of SAs who peruse these forums, you always find out in the community first. You always find the truth tellers here first.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 06:43 PM   #85
sjsnyc
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 (G05)

Quote:
I've never used backup assistant. I show my neighbor how to use it about 1.5yrs ago on his G05 but never since then. Based on everyone's talk, it's safe to say it can only be accessed with touch and not the iDrive controller?
I use this feature multiple times a day, my garage is fairly tight and using the backup assistant, it's easily one of my favorite features!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 08:02 PM   #86
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Stolen from another, not as awesome, forum:

Over the course of the last several months, we have managed to maintain the majority of our planned production in spite of limits to certain option content. As we move further into Q4, some of these limitations have increased in scope. In an effort to maintain production levels through the end of the year, we have decided to remove the touch functionality from the Central Information Display in several vehicles starting production this week.

Impacted models:
G20 3 Series
G22/G23 4 Series Coupe and Convertible
G26 4 Series Gran Coupe (excluding i4)
G29 Z4
G05/G06/G07 (all variants)
These vehicles will have the Option Code 6UY “Deletion of Touchscreen” on the Monroney and an option credit of $500 will be applied to all vehicles produced without touch functionality.

This adjustment impacts all planned production for vehicles listed above, and as a result, we are unable to prioritize variants or P1 customer sold orders. We understand this change will require dialogue with customers awaiting delivery and additional action at the Client Advisor level.

Dealers will also be required to have customers sign a form confirming acknowledgement of the change.

With the inclusion of Option Code 6UY:
Touch functionality will not be present in the aforementioned vehicles
Other functionalities of the infotainment system (including Apple CarPlay and Android Auto) remain unaffected and can be used via the iDrive Controller and/or voice control
Additionally, vehicles with Parking Assistant Package (5DN/ZPK) will lose Backup Assistant when coupled with 6UY
These vehicles will have Option Code ZUY included in the build and Monroney labels to indicate “Deletion of Backup Assistant”
Vehicles with Option Code 6UY are expected to begin shipping this week from Plant Spartanburg, with overseas production to follow next week. All vehicles produced with this option will require a software update prior to retail and customer delivery as they will be shipped and wholesaled with a Retail Stop Sale. The software update will be available as of November 11.

With the software update forthcoming, we felt it was best to deliver the vehicles as they are built to expedite the resolution process. We acknowledge this is a different approach and thank you for your flexibility, continued cooperation and commitment to BMW.

Thank you.

~Jon S.
Welp there you go from the horse's mouth. Backup assist is linked to this deletion (if ZPK equipped).

Thanks for posting this. Just let her also gives the impression that it was written sometime in October. Do you know roughly what was the letter date?
      10-28-2021, 08:28 PM   #87
DeYanko
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

I am just beyond disgusted, with this entire situation. The day before my build week, we get hit with this crap. I sent my SA an email this morning and she responded that she was going to get back to me. I have not heard from her yet. I think I'm just going to look for a loaded CPO x50i instead

Last edited by DeYanko; 10-29-2021 at 07:39 AM..
Appreciate 2
91Eunos105.00
      10-28-2021, 10:10 PM   #88
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Everyone, not a solice to many but I have an additional data point.

I am a Week 43
9/29 = Scheduled for Production (status 150) - the key status in which deletion will show
10/11 = Production Begins
10/22 = Entering Assembly Line
10/23 = Final Assembly

I ordered ZPK Parking Assistance package. Mygarage does not show deletion. My VIN decoder does not show 6UY ZUY.

I asked my SA, she said I was not effected. No deletion of backup assist line nor $500 less on my invoice.

I clarified and asked for presence of 6UY ZUY on final build sheet. No response.

kingmonkeyjr was 10/12 Prod Begins and got the deletion.

Last edited by Flying Ace; 10-28-2021 at 10:25 PM..
Appreciate 2
GrussGott18116.50