Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I was just visiting a friend out in Encinitas overnight who lives off the Leucadia exit. Right in your hood!
It’s a great area. Absolutely love it down here!

Next time you’re down here and so inclined to, let me know. Happy to grab a drink of your choice.
Sounds good! UNION in Encinitas and Compass in the Carlsbad Village are my spots. Bimmerpost meet up!
Appreciate 1
pz6193274.00
      11-02-2019, 10:54 PM   #156
premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That is pretty savage, but funny. I think I would've given you a break. What were you cited for exactly?
I had a good laugh. Thinking back this was probably 15 years ago, when I was a young professional (use that term loosely) right out of college working in Carlsbad. Citation was just speeding, probably 70ish in a 55 (El Camino Real). Few hundred bucks, traffic school, and a good story in the end.
I was just visiting a friend out in Encinitas overnight who lives off the Leucadia exit. Right in your hood!
You weren't patrolling in my neighborhood now were you? Lol. I used to live in Encinitas, left the city because it went from a peaceful community to a city riddled with bars and noise. I'm actually still near the area, a few exits north/south from there (don't want to say exactly where just out of precaution and safety).

If you have buddies patrolling Encinitas, you can ask them I'm sure they'll tell you how bad it's gotten in the last few years. It's still a very posh city of wealth though depending where you go.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2019, 11:05 PM   #157
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That is pretty savage, but funny. I think I would've given you a break. What were you cited for exactly?
I had a good laugh. Thinking back this was probably 15 years ago, when I was a young professional (use that term loosely) right out of college working in Carlsbad. Citation was just speeding, probably 70ish in a 55 (El Camino Real). Few hundred bucks, traffic school, and a good story in the end.
You weren't patrolling in my neighborhood now were you? Lol. I used to live in Encinitas, left the city because it went from a peaceful community to a city riddled with bars and noise. I'm actually still near the area, a few exits north/south from there (don't want to say exactly where just out of precaution and safety).

If you have buddies patrolling Encinitas, you can ask them I'm sure they'll tell you how bad it's gotten in the last few years.
Haha! No, I was there for leisurely fun with a hottie German. I work in a city/county located over an hour from your area. I know what you mean about the general Encinitas/Solana Beach/Carlsbad area. It has become an attractive destination for drunks and assaultive types.

You should meet up with me and pz619 when we roll out to grab grub.
Appreciate 1
pz6193274.00
      11-02-2019, 11:12 PM   #158
premier3is
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If you have buddies patrolling Encinitas, you can ask them I'm sure they'll tell you how bad it's gotten in the last few years.
Haha! No, I was there for leisurely fun with a hottie German. I work in a city/county located over an hour from your area. I know what you mean about the general Encinitas/Solana Beach/Carlsbad area. It has become an attractive destination for drunks and assaultive types.
It's actually sad, it used to be one of the most beautiful cities to live in in San Diego... lived right up on the bluff area in a home overlooking the ocean but the city became riddled with crime and noise. Best was to leave. One of our vehicles getting broken into was the last straw.

Speaking of Union, I remember when that place was under construction lol. Before Union the place everyone went to was D street bar and grill, which closed down a while ago. Now you got a plethora of places you can go dine and drink at in Encinitas.

Anyways, back to the main point of the thread lol and letting you answer ppls questions.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24809.50
      11-02-2019, 11:14 PM   #159
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's actually sad, it used to be one of the most beautiful cities to live in in San Diego... lived right up on the bluff area in a home overlooking the ocean but the city became riddled with crime and noise. Best was to leave. One of our vehicles getting broken into was the last straw.

Speaking of Union, I remember when that place was under construction lol. Before Union the place everyone went to was D street bar and grill, which closed down a while ago. Now you got a plethora of places you can go dine and drink at in Encinitas.

Anyways, back to the main point of the thread lol and letting you answer ppls questions.
We'll keep you posted on the date of convergence. Lol!
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2019, 11:17 PM   #160
premier3is
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

We'll keep you posted on the date of convergence. Lol!
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24809.50
pz6193274.00
      11-03-2019, 08:40 AM   #161
chowser51
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F33 430 and F39 M35i

Garage List
Quote:
I have the choice to carry a Glock on-duty as well, but I would have to purchase that myself and take a Glock firearms course. We have the choice to carry a few other guns, but we can't carry anything we want. .
Are you limited in caliber when choosing a non issued gun?

We issue gen4 Glock 31s across the board for patrol (admin/detectives get the 32).

On duty, we can carry one of two approved backup weapons (must be 9mm/40/45/357).

Off duty, as long as the gun is from a known manufacturer and is currently in production, we're allowed to carry what we want. No weird stuff. If it's in 380/9/40/45/357, we give the officers ammo for it. Anything else, they have to buy commericially produced ammo, no handloading. Next year, I'm phasing out carrying ammo in anything other than 9mm and 357 for off duty guns. Budget needs to go elsewhere.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 10:24 AM   #162
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowser51 View Post
Quote:
I have the choice to carry a Glock on-duty as well, but I would have to purchase that myself and take a Glock firearms course. We have the choice to carry a few other guns, but we can't carry anything we want. .
Are you limited in caliber when choosing a non issued gun?

We issue gen4 Glock 31s across the board for patrol (admin/detectives get the 32).

On duty, we can carry one of two approved backup weapons (must be 9mm/40/45/357).

Off duty, as long as the gun is from a known manufacturer and is currently in production, we're allowed to carry what we want. No weird stuff. If it's in 380/9/40/45/357, we give the officers ammo for it. Anything else, they have to buy commericially produced ammo, no handloading. Next year, I'm phasing out carrying ammo in anything other than 9mm and 357 for off duty guns. Budget needs to go elsewhere.
We are only allowed to carry a 9mm or .45 ACP for on-duty use, and the firearm must be capable of holding at least 15 rounds plus one chambered. Off-duty/back-up guns can be chambered the same as the above stated on-duty guns or in 357 magnum, .38 Special or .380. Some guys are now carrying the STI Staccato .45 since it was recently approved for on-duty carry. We are only allowed to use Federal and Winchester duty ammo; nothing else is authorized. That same ammo must/shall be loaded in our off-duty guns as well.

How long have you been 10-8? Are you still patrolling or have you migrated to a different role within the department? It almost sounds like you're the Rangemaster.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 02:25 PM   #163
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Thanks for clarifying.

Lastly, the rumors I hear.... does 100+mph get you in the back seat of the cruiser every time? Curious to know the truth behind it.

this is totally based off of the officer. I got nailed at 107 in a 45, no arrest.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 02:53 PM   #164
premier3is
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
Quote:
Thanks for clarifying.

Lastly, the rumors I hear.... does 100+mph get you in the back seat of the cruiser every time? Curious to know the truth behind it.

this is totally based off of the officer. I got nailed at 107 in a 45, no arrest.
Jesus Christ...
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24809.50
      11-03-2019, 04:16 PM   #165
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for clarifying.

Wow! You got lucky. You were in a residential?! How did you sell being 60-over to that officer?
Appreciate 1
      11-03-2019, 11:06 PM   #166
premier3is
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for clarifying.

Wow! You got lucky. You were in a residential?! How did you sell being 60-over to that officer?
How nice would you have been in that situation? Lol
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 11:10 PM   #167
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for clarifying.

How nice would you have been in that situation? Lol
Not very! Lol! That rate of speed in a residential could've ended badly had a kid walked out into the street/crosswalk, etc.

TrevorM3, were you cited?
Appreciate 1
      11-04-2019, 04:44 AM   #168
chowser51
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F33 430 and F39 M35i

Garage List
Quote:

How long have you been 10-8? Are you still patrolling or have you migrated to a different role within the department? It almost sounds like you're the Rangemaster.
I recently got a Staccato P in 9mm that I'm carrying off duty. I'm still patrolling. I've been on the job for almost 22 years. 183 weeks to full pension, but I will probably stick around 5-8 more years after that (I'm only 45). I took over the range when the last guy retired.

Stay safe!
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24809.50
MKSixer34171.50
      11-04-2019, 09:19 AM   #169
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowser51 View Post
Quote:

I recently got a Staccato P in 9mm that I'm carrying off duty. I'm still patrolling. I've been on the job for almost 22 years. 183 weeks to full pension, but I will probably stick around 5-8 more years after that (I'm only 45). I took over the range when the last guy retired.

Stay safe!
Outstanding service!! How do you like the Staccato P?

Stay safe as well Sir!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 11:02 AM   #170
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

What area of ca are you located in? Want to go for a drive? We can use a chaperon lol
      11-04-2019, 11:05 AM   #171
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

Nvm read above
      11-04-2019, 11:13 AM   #172
DocL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Sometimes I sneeze 10 to 15 times in succession. Would a LEO believe me if I happened to run a red light and tried to explain that I was sneezing and didn't see it turn red? Would it help when you to check my driving record that I've never been cited for running a red?

Stupid question, but something I have been curious about.
      11-04-2019, 11:24 AM   #173
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Number 86 View Post
What area of ca are you located in? Want to go for a drive? We can use a chaperon lol
I'm reside/work relatively close to you IF the information on your profile is correct.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 11:28 AM   #174
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocL View Post
Sometimes I sneeze 10 to 15 times in succession. Would a LEO believe me if I happened to run a red light and tried to explain that I was sneezing and didn't see it turn red? Would it help when you to check my driving record that I've never been cited for running a red?

Stupid question, but something I have been curious about.
That might be a hard sell despite you being truthful. A prior violation of CVC 21453(a), (b) or (c) wouldn't really weigh too heavily on the decision to cite you or not. It doesn't hurt to ask for leniency though.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 12:04 PM   #175
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
That might be a hard sell despite you being truthful. A prior violation of CVC 21453(a), (b) or (c) wouldn't really weigh too heavily on the decision to cite you or not. It doesn't hurt to ask for leniency though.
IF you did believe him, wouldn't you have a duty to report him to DMV for some sort of medical clearance? Seems like a "medical" condition that would take you away long enough to not see/heed a red light would need further review.

And since we are on medical, does a DUI due to insulin carry the same consequences as DUI with alcohol? I know there are stories of diabetics being tossed into drunk tanks when they have a low. I've "come to" in strange places, no idea how I got there, when my sugar got low. One time, I woke up at Costco eating a hot dog. Not a clue how I got there.
Appreciate 1
      11-04-2019, 12:22 PM   #176
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Quote:
IF you did believe him, wouldn't you have a duty to report him to DMV for some sort of medical clearance? Seems like a "medical" condition that would take you away long enough to not see/heed a red light would need further review.

And since we are on medical, does a DUI due to insulin carry the same consequences as DUI with alcohol? I know there are stories of diabetics being tossed into drunk tanks when they have a low. I've "come to" in strange places, no idea how I got there, when my sugar got low. One time, I woke up at Costco eating a hot dog. Not a clue how I got there.
That's a great question. I don't have an obligation to report such a medical issue to the DMV any more than I'm required to report somebody with diminishing eyesight to the DMV. I'm not a medical professional, so I stay/operate within the scope of my job duties. IF I cite him and he has a valid medical issue, he has the option to contest the citation and present his case to the judge. At that point the judge may adjudicate and make it necessary for him to notify DMV, place restrictions on his license, etc.

I have never personally run into an individual with low insulin during a traffic stop (....only inmates in a jail facility), however, as with any suspected DUI, I have to investigate the circumstances to see if what I'm truly dealing with is a legitimate DUI of alcohol or drugs, or just somebody who is tired, lacking sleep, etc. I would think that a diabetic would be able to present insulin needles, a diabetic pump, etc. should I make contact with them.
Appreciate 0