BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-25-2023, 12:02 PM   #1
tokolossi
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Fuel pump

Hi guys,

my car (x5 M50i) did not start 3 weeks ago and it turned out the fuel pump has a defect. Since then its with the dealer and while they have a new replacement pump I got told this is a different model as BMW switched suppliers. And this means they need a different harness to connect it. Problem is this harness has 0 stock in NA.

Apparently there is availability in Germany but they can't order it there?!

The part # for the pump is 16119429645 but there are 2 different harnesses.

Option 1: 61-12-5-A23-B54 (available in Germany)
Option 2: 61-12-5-A81-721 (replaces option 1, no avail. WW)

My German contacts tell me option 1 is the way to go as option 2 is in the ETK but not viable yet?! The Canadian dealer could not tell me if this technically correct.

Below is a link to the part but I can't find the harness for it. Did somebody run into this issue and can give me advice?

It's been 3 weeks now and they can't figure it out. Did not even know option 1 is available and referred to option 2 not in stock.

https://bimmercat.com/bmw/en/search/...iX/USA/16_1312
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2023, 12:09 PM   #2
Bking60
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2019

They can get parts from Germany in 2-3 weeks. Our body control module went south during an update. The new improved one was in Germany. I think they had the car 16 days.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2023, 07:07 PM   #3
tokolossi
Private
Rep

Bking60 thanks for your reply. The issue in my case is the Canadians see a stock of 0 even for the CDC in Germany while the Germans see 140 in stock. So there might be "political" decission not to show the stock to other markets?! Canada raised a ticket but without result, no ETA given at this point.
Even if I order the part in Germany myself the local dealer is not "authorized" to put it in. Not sure about any options. Does anyone have experience in escalating through other channels (customer car, BMW Canada HQ etc.)?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2023, 12:37 AM   #4
piglet94122
Rep

Suggest reaching out to the BMW service subject matter expert, if your service center has not done so. I don't know their exact title. When a service center comes across a problem or uncertain how to repair the car, they would reach out to this expert or their expert group internally. This is someone has very extensive and years of experience with BMW on repairs. He/she would often meet with our service centers to help with repair issues. The other option is get a hold of the district manager for repairs. Each district manager oversees a number of service centers in your area. He/she can also help with ordering parts or escalate repairs further up the chain. If a service center does not want to warrant a repair, the district manager makes the final decision.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2023, 05:01 PM   #5
tokolossi
Private
Rep

Thanks for your reply piglet94122 . I spoke to a manager for parts at the dealership and he told me the process is to open an IDS (Integrated Dealer Support) ticket which they did. The reply was "we got 0 in stock and don't know when we get a new delivery" basically. With this "his powers" ended their. What I don't understand is why does the Canadian/NA ordering team does not have access to the stock my former dealship in Germany sees and actually ordered to see what type of harness it is.
Where do you usually find a district manager you mentioned? With the dealer or coporate level e.g. BMW Canada?
Appreciate 0