04-15-2024, 08:45 AM   #1
upwardsloping
Registered
Rep
Drives: Audi S5 (B8.5)

Used 45e with 55k miles?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hi all, I registered here to pick your brains on the following: I'm in the market for a used X5 45e. I found a 2021 model which seems to tick all the boxes: all the options I want, looks to be well maintained, and the right colors. It also has 2 years more of Repair + Service Inclusive (I'm in the EU). The downside is that it has 55k miles; my initial search criteria was capped at 30k miles, but haven't found the right car yet.

One one hand, I'm a bit hesitant on this car, as I'm worried it's approaching the mileage where all the gizmos start breaking down, and it could prove to be a headache. It's fully loaded to the point that it includes the things I don't care about: soft close, sky lounge pano, night vision, massage etc - i.e. more stuff to go wrong. I'm not worried about the engine, as I understand the B58 is solid.

On the other hand, with 2 more years of warranty, as long as it's well maintained, maybe it's ok.

To be clear, I am not worried about the service costs, I can deal with that. I just don't want to take it for repairs every 6 months.

I drive around 6k miles a year, and I'd probably keep the car 3-5 years.

Questions:
1) It's high mileage but only 3 years old. Which is more important? Or it's more of a matter of how well it was looked after?
2) Here the EV battery is covered up to 62k miles (100k km), so I'd be out of the warranty soon. Anything to worry about here?
3) As far as I can tell, the only real issue with the G05 is the "shark fin" leak. Is this a reoccurring issue, or if they fix it once, it's good?
4) Any big ticket service items that should've been due recently or are coming up?

My previous car was a 2014 Audi S5 which I sold at 40k miles. Zero problems, despite the reputation the German premium brands have. So high mileage is new territory for me.

Appreciate any input to help me make up my mind. Thanks.
Appreciate 0