BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-11-2024, 06:20 PM   #1
Tekhed2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5M

Lowered X5M M-Branded Camber Corrected Control Arm?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I know this topic has been beat to death and the solution appeared to be a control arm from a non-M X5, however I found this and I'm a bit confused:

Bimmer Parts: https://www.bimmerworld.com/Front-Le...109504615.html

Bimmer Parts is carrying both left and right and stating that these are meant to correct/reduce camber for the XM, X5M, and X6M.

Here's the "other/regular control arm" according to Bimmer Parts: https://www.bimmerworld.com/Front-Ri...108091172.html (also listed on BMW Monterey diagram).

After a bit more digging I found this (look at part #03 in the diagram - listed 4 times):
https://parts.bmwmonterey.com/a/BMW_...D/31_1830.html

I'm also aware that they are separated by engine type in the diagram, however I'm finding this measure to be unreliable.

Either there's a mistake somewhere, I'm not looking at the parts correctly, or there's an alternate M control arm to address the camber.

Thoughts?

EDIT/UPDATE: Just spoke to a BMW dealership and only provided the parts numbers. Without me preloading the conversation they commented that part #31109504616 is an M part designed to remove negative camber. He said these were normally designed for vehicles that have been in an accident where it was impossible to bring them back into spec with the standard control arm.

Last edited by Tekhed2; 03-11-2024 at 07:03 PM..
Appreciate 1
Cuts6.50
      03-12-2024, 08:53 PM   #2
BadBoostedBMWM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e36m,F80,G80;TRX; 992 TTS; F95

All I can say is I truly hope this works. The parts are obviously expensive. By chance did you see my response to the other thread last week?

i found these bushings
      03-12-2024, 09:22 PM   #3
Tekhed2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBoostedBMWM3 View Post
All I can say is I truly hope this works. The parts are obviously expensive. By chance did you see my response to the other thread last week?

i found these bushings
Thanks for sharing. I’ve never heard of this product but will definitely look into it.

I would love to know the reasoning behind the static design up front.
Appreciate 0