BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-10-2023, 09:34 AM   #1
jfwalsh
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Former 2016 435 GC

New order Dravitt x5 50e

Hello all,

Haven't posted here for years, since end of my run with my 435GC... but just put in an order (paperwork being completed by dealer tomorrow) for a 50e in Dravitt.

Have been closely following people's posts on the timing of their orders, which all look faster than the "three months" the dealers around here have been telling me (inland empire Southern California).

That being said, anyone know what my timeline might look like? Is Dravitt going to really slow me down.?

Thank you in advance!

Full build:

2024 50e
Dravitt Gray
Coffee Sesnsafin
20 inch 740 wheels with all seasons
Fineline open pore
M sport package
Premium package
Driving Assistance Professional
M sport prof
Parking assistant pkg
Climate comfort pkg
Trailer hitch
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2023, 09:59 AM   #2
TheCookieMonster
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 50e

Garage List
2024 X5 50e  [0.00]
Dravit is not an individual paint so it won't cause any delay.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2023, 10:47 AM   #3
jfwalsh
Enlisted Member
Rep

I was hoping that the 3 month estimate was just the dealer attempting to temper my expectations. Would sure love to get it by mid feb...
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2023, 03:51 PM   #4
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Your dealer should have given you a production number when they entered the order. Give Genius a call and they can give you your production week.

If your dealer can't give you a production number then you don't have an order with BMW and your dealer is waiting for an allocation in order to order it.
matowi311.50
      12-10-2023, 08:14 PM   #5
jfwalsh
Enlisted Member
Rep

The "Vehicle Inquiry Report" in which I initialed to confirm my build does have a "Prod. No."

I assume this is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Your dealer should have given you a production number when they entered the order. Give Genius a call and they can give you your production week.

If your dealer can't give you a production number then you don't have an order with BMW and your dealer is waiting for an allocation in order to order it.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2023, 08:20 PM   #6
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfwalsh View Post
The "Vehicle Inquiry Report" in which I initialed to confirm my build does have a "Prod. No."

I assume this is it?
Yes, that should be it. Give Genius a call tomorrow and they should be able to give you the production week associated with that number. From there you can get an idea of how long it will be to delivery. Since you are in CA it should be about three weeks after it is built.
      12-10-2023, 08:25 PM   #7
jfwalsh
Enlisted Member
Rep

Looks like status says:

"scheduled for production"

and when i click "track status" it takes me to a picture of the vehicle.

Quote:

I assume this is it?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2023, 09:19 PM   #8
jfwalsh
Enlisted Member
Rep

Awesome. Thank you for your help!

Quote:
Yes, that should be it. Give Genius a call tomorrow and they should be able to give you the production week associated with that number. From there you can get an idea of how long it will be to delivery. Since you are in CA it should be about three weeks after it is built.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2023, 03:31 PM   #9
jfwalsh
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thank you TurtleBoy,

Called Genius today, they stated the vehicle would "start production in the second week of the new year," so I suppose that would mean that it would be considered a "week 2 build."

I assume your three week estimate is three weeks after the build is complete? Or three weeks after the start of build?

Thank you in advance for all your help!

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2023, 04:13 PM   #10
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Thank you TurtleBoy,

Called Genius today, they stated the vehicle would "start production in the second week of the new year," so I suppose that would mean that it would be considered a "week 2 build."

I assume your three week estimate is three weeks after the build is complete? Or three weeks after the start of build?

Thank you in advance for all your help!
When you have a chance, call Genius again and see what the next one says. The reason I'm saying that is that the vehicle will go into the Production Begins status about two weeks prior to your production date. That does not mean that assembly has begun but rather that a VIN has been assigned and parts ordered/allocated. Actually assembly takes less than a day. I just want to make sure they were quoting the production week and not two weeks before since the way they answered your question is not the way they usually do. They usually quote a production week number.

BMW uses ISO weeks for their scheduling so week two would be Jan 8 - 14th.

My estimate was from when it was shipped.
      12-13-2023, 10:11 AM   #11
jfwalsh
Enlisted Member
Rep

Big thanks for this TurtleBoy. . .

Called Genius again this morning, and got some more specific info.

When asked to clarify production begins vs. production date, she was able to confirm: "you are scheduled to have your vehicle built during the week of January 8-12, it will actually be put together then."

She added, "some time before that, when the chassis and frame are assigned you will receive a VIN number and can get more detailed tracking."

So, that seems to clarify it. . . I think.

Fingers crossed for an early February delivery to Southern California.

Very excited.

Thank you for your help TurtleBoy!

Quote:
When you have a chance, call Genius again and see what the next one says. The reason I'm saying that is that the vehicle will go into the Production Begins status about two weeks prior to your production date. That does not mean that assembly has begun but rather that a VIN has been assigned and parts ordered/allocated. Actually assembly takes less than a day. I just want to make sure they were quoting the production week and not two weeks before since the way they answered your question is not the way they usually do. They usually quote a production week number.

BMW uses ISO weeks for their scheduling so week two would be Jan 8 - 14th.

My estimate was from when it was shipped.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2023, 11:00 AM   #12
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Big thanks for this TurtleBoy. . .

Called Genius again this morning, and got some more specific info.

When asked to clarify production begins vs. production date, she was able to confirm: "you are scheduled to have your vehicle built during the week of January 8-12, it will actually be put together then."

She added, "some time before that, when the chassis and frame are assigned you will receive a VIN number and can get more detailed tracking."

So, that seems to clarify it. . . I think.

Fingers crossed for an early February delivery to Southern California.

Very excited.

Thank you for your help TurtleBoy!
Very good, seems like you got good info from her. Towards the end of December you should be able to use the “F12” process to get your actual production date.
      12-14-2023, 09:48 AM   #13
jfwalsh
Enlisted Member
Rep

Hmm... this is curious. From the day after the order was placed, the mybmw.com "my garage" page had the X5 status as "scheduled for production" and was on the second dot from the left. Today, now it has moved back to the left to the first dot, and now says "order received- your order has been received and we are making space in the production schedule."

Seems like this is moving backwards and causes me some concern. . . does this happen often?

Especially odd after the info I got from the genius yesterday. . .

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2023, 10:35 AM   #14
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Hmm... this is curious. From the day after the order was placed, the mybmw.com "my garage" page had the X5 status as "scheduled for production" and was on the second dot from the left. Today, now it has moved back to the left to the first dot, and now says "order received- your order has been received and we are making space in the production schedule."

Seems like this is moving backwards and causes me some concern. . . does this happen often?

Especially odd after the info I got from the genius yesterday. . .

Any ideas?
It is not uncommon to have that happen. Assuming no changes were made to the order, it usually is tied to shortages of parts. Hopefully you see some progress in the next week or so.
      12-14-2023, 10:58 AM   #15
jfwalsh
Enlisted Member
Rep

Called the genius again for clarification (they are gonna get sick of me). . . he says, you are scheduled for production the second or third week of January.

I mentioned that that was definitely different than info I had received earlier this week, asked if something had changed. . . he gave a sort of mumbled answer about how things are always subject to change.

Sounds like must be what you suggested, some sort of shortage of something that was just discovered in last day or two.

I am obviously obsessing about this too much, and I think I am going to have to just step away and wait, without inquiring too often. Which goes against my very nature. . . but i suppose I will go crazy if I check too often and the status changes back and forth.

Just hoping for February.

Quote:
It is not uncommon to have that happen. Assuming no changes were made to the order, it usually is tied to shortages of parts. Hopefully you see some progress in the next week or so.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2023, 11:13 AM   #16
LDT
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Genius is far from it!
2015 GL 350--diesel burner/highway queen
2013 Audi S6--a beast in it's day
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2023, 01:36 PM   #17
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Called the genius again for clarification (they are gonna get sick of me). . . he says, you are scheduled for production the second or third week of January.

I mentioned that that was definitely different than info I had received earlier this week, asked if something had changed. . . he gave a sort of mumbled answer about how things are always subject to change.

Sounds like must be what you suggested, some sort of shortage of something that was just discovered in last day or two.

I am obviously obsessing about this too much, and I think I am going to have to just step away and wait, without inquiring too often. Which goes against my very nature. . . but i suppose I will go crazy if I check too often and the status changes back and forth.

Just hoping for February.
Yes, it is hard to do but is often the bets way to proceed. You know nothing, except maybe status changes, will happen in the next few week so make a year-end resolution to not check the status again until New Year's Eve. When you think about it, no matter how often you check it isn't going to have an effect on the schedule.