BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-16-2021, 09:00 AM   #1
akin67
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5

Order Status Progression Timeline on BMW Genius

I ordered an X5 about 5 weeks ago. It had been in order received status this whole time. Over the last week the status changed to "Scheduled for Production". The reason for the wait I believe was primarily due to the Tartufo Merino leather. Now that we are in the Scheduled for Production stage, do we know how much longer it will take for the vehicle to get to the dealer? What is the timeline for the various stages of production? I don't have a VIN number yet.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2021, 10:02 AM   #2
Superman750
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by akin67 View Post
I ordered an X5 about 5 weeks ago. It had been in order received status this whole time. Over the last week the status changed to "Scheduled for Production". The reason for the wait I believe was primarily due to the Tartufo Merino leather. Now that we are in the Scheduled for Production stage, do we know how much longer it will take for the vehicle to get to the dealer? What is the timeline for the various stages of production? I don't have a VIN number yet.
It all kinda depends on your build week. It sounds like you could be in week 14 because that is when mine is and I also just flipped to Scheduled For Production.

The only sure fire way to figure out your build week is to call your Sales Associate or to call the BMW Genius line ((844) 443-6487). Skip through the automated prompts and talk to a real person.

As for the timelines, they can be a bit wonky. When it hits Production Begins, BMW will assign a VIN and is in the process of ordering the parts. That will take 10 days to 2 weeks. It will blow through assembly in about a day or 2. Quality Control can last an hour to a few days. Shipping entirely depends on where your at. I have seen well over 3 weeks to get to California (about the same to Washington), longer to get to Alaska, or only a couple days to get to New York.
Appreciate 2