BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-10-2023, 03:40 AM   #1
RedRaabbitA
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

ESIM successfully configured, but no YouTube data in the car

Does anyone succeed to have YouTube working while having ESIM successfully connected? Me not..
Although I have the status of Connect ESIM, with my additional data SIM (Orange Belgium subscription internet) , YouTube and Bundesliga generate messages as the BMW DNS servers cannot resolve the specified address..
In MyBMW app I do not see ESIM, neither Alexa . Actually I do not see 3rd party services part.
What’s strange is that the MyBMW app showed 3rd party services part and only Alexa before I added my VIN number, after that it disappeared.
I did all the stuff like: uninstall MyBMW, create new profile, reset Idrive in my car, but still no data from my ESIM.
What else should I do?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-19-2023, 03:00 AM   #2
RedRaabbitA
Private
Rep

Update: Apps (YouTube and Bundesliga) that requires internet from my personal SIM still not working.
What is strange is that when I do a Reset of my vehicle, suddenly YouTube and Bundesliga works , but only for 1 time… if I close and open the car the apps are no more working.
Does anyone with a G06 have YouTube working ?
Is it only my car or there is a general issue?
Appreciate 1
TheNine90578.00
      01-06-2024, 03:19 PM   #3
pcourt
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 50e

Hello, I have a similar experience in 2024 G05. All indications in the BMW app and in the car point to a successful activiation. I can use the telephone via the eSim. But no internet connection. I have the same issue with YouTube (DNS failure) and if I try to use the car as a hotspot, my device will connect but then I am unable to access anything on the internet. BTW this is Verizon in the US.
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2024, 05:46 AM   #4
RedRaabbitA
Private
Rep

Update:
If I go outside Belgium the internet works… having a ticket opened to Orange BE… but no updates from them so far
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2024, 04:00 PM   #5
RedRaabbitA
Private
Rep

It finally works. For Belgium only:
Proximus is the only mobile network provider that works in BMW. Tried Orange and VOO with no success.
It now depends on the mobile provider
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2024, 11:41 PM   #6
rabbit1986
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2005 M3, 2016 D3 biturbo

I installed a Telenet data only sim in the reader. Seems to be working with the youtube app.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2024, 03:38 PM   #7
big_brov
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

How did you managed to activate / configure your eSIM? I'm also having Proximus as network provider but I don't have the 3rd party services in the MyBMW application
Appreciate 0