Private First Class
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 G06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver.Solid View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kas63 View Post
So... Been trying to find time to investigate adding a second fog light for a while. My initial investigations concluded that you can power a second rear fog light from the existing one without generating a fault code or diminishing the brightness of the fog lights.

Took a little digging but I was able to route a new cable from the new left fog light, into the boot by the battery. There is a convenient earth stud here so used that for the fog light earth. I then followed the existing wiring loom to the right side cubby in the boot.

I identified the correct wire to the existing fog light in the wiring loom (Yellow - red trace), tapped into it and it worked.

Thats amazing man. Can you share the part number for the fog light if you have it. im looking for the passenger side (UK driver side fog light) as mine was dummy light. do you remember how much it was by any chance? Did you take any pics?

OP - i very much want to help but im not sure what pics you need for me to take as I have euro spec G05 (in the middle east) .
Speaking of which

Just realized mine is dummy too :
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2021, 05:58 AM   #24
rokla
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X5/ Z3 / Z4

Same problem here with G05

I'm also retrofitting rear fog light on US G05, my prblem is that the car has another rear bumper, so there are no foglight reflectors available for this bumper.
Electrical i've done the wiring and coded the car. I ordered the fog light and see if i can make it fit in the US bumper.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2023, 03:15 PM   #25
michaelmkr
Poland
Rep
Drives: M5 e60, F31 mperformance

Hello,
On a daily basis, I deal with the BMW brand - I repair electrics, controllers, radios, and I convert BMWs from the US to the EU market - I modify lamps, add installations and code.

If you have a problem with the rear fog light, please contact me
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2024, 02:55 PM   #26
Hmarga98
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2020 bmw x5

Hello, any chance I could get help with a 2020 rear fog light in the US? What I need how to do it? If you need contact info lmk.

Last edited by Hmarga98; 03-27-2024 at 02:56 PM.. Reason: Added info
Appreciate 0