BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-11-2021, 10:59 PM   #45
jonatious
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Thanks all, I was able to get all my information. All fuses from F20 to F38 should be Battery(constant) power and all fuses from F59 to F76 should be ACC(switched) power.

I used F59 and F27. I used add a fuse tap adapter and F27 adapter was a bit too tall and trim piece to the bottom right didnt fit completely well, but is not too noticeable.

F59 is used for USB, Garage door opener, Auto dimming rear view mirror(I think) and headlamps
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 01:23 AM   #46
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonatious View Post
I am trying to find a fuse myself, but the fuses show 12V even after 15 mins and F27 seems to be larger fuse
I also test F72, which is easily exposed without having to remove side trim, and it was still live after 15 minutes.
      04-15-2021, 10:43 AM   #47
jonatious
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post
I also test F72, which is easily exposed without having to remove side trim, and it was still live after 15 minutes.
I was able to get to sleep mode by not using the key fob and using the digital key or Phone NFC and not leaving it in the charging tray. Turn off the iDrive using the Radio knob, only the hazard lights button will be ON. Leave it for about 10 mins and once that light goes off, switched fuses will go off. Actually I was seeing about 0.4V to be precise.

You can also use my post where I posted the whole range of switched and constant fuses
https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...0&postcount=45
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 10:45 AM   #48
jonatious
Lieutenant
Rep

BTW does anyone see this battery malfunction alert when using dashcam. Should I ignore it? I verified that the dashcam is actually in parking mode and not constantly pulling full power when car is sleeping. But I think the car wants 0 power to be pulled.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 06:09 PM   #49
denaliman
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X6M Competition

Garage List
2013 X6M  [0.00]
Quote:
BTW does anyone see this battery malfunction alert when using dashcam. Should I ignore it? I verified that the dashcam is actually in parking mode and not constantly pulling full power when car is sleeping. But I think the car wants 0 power to be pulled.

Nope, but I have a battery pack. I also installed a eMYLO remote switch which I use to turn off the camera completely when I park in the garage. The BlackVue 900x does not have a manual on/off switch so the only way to turn it off is to unplug the power cable every time. No need to have it running in parking mode when my vehicle is parked in the garage and drawing power for 10 minutes before it switches over to battery power. There is also no need to draw power from my battery pack while sitting in the garage. The switch is attached to the back of the battery pack and the battery pack is mounted out of the way in rear driver's side cubby to the back of the amp bracket. You can't even see the battery pack back there (blue box in last pic). Works like a charm. I can turn on and off my camera from the second floor of my house. The range is incredible. Forum member SmartSaves and myself worked on the switch concept together.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      04-15-2021, 06:13 PM   #50
jonatious
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by denaliman View Post
Nope, but I have a battery pack. I also installed a eMYLO remote switch which I use to turn off the camera completely when I park in the garage. The BlackVue 900x does not have a manual on/off switch so the only way to turn it off is to unplug the power cable every time. No need to have it running in parking mode when my vehicle is parked in the garage and drawing power for 10 minutes before it switches over to battery power. There is also no need to draw power from my battery pack while sitting in the garage. The switch is attached to the back of the battery pack and the battery pack is mounted out of the way in rear driver's side cubby to the back of the amp bracket. You can't even see the battery pack back there (blue box in last pic). Works like a charm. I can turn on and off my camera from the second floor of my house. The range is incredible.
Nice, obviously you wont get any BMW battery issues from dashcam. So others hardwiring to car battery see this issue?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 06:23 PM   #51
chrisnack
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 (G05) 50i

Quote:
I do occasionally if I’m using parking mode. I have the magic box or whatever BlackVue calls it, I didn’t have issues in my last BMW so I need to find the proper voltage cut off to not have that message.

There seem to be a number of things that stay on no matter what, and I think when it drops to a certain voltage the it maybe finally shuts off and pops up that message.

I haven’t seen it for awhile and I think I have mine set to shut off at 12.7 maybe. I would have to look at the dip switches to verify.

At the end of the day I believe it’s the BMW saying hey you have something drawing power we aren’t aware of.

But all completely guesses on my part
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 06:31 PM   #52
denaliman
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2013 X6M  [0.00]
Quote:
Nice, obviously you wont get any BMW battery issues from dashcam. So others hardwiring to car battery see this issue?

I don't know what camera you a running so hard to say . However, I have seen 2 different messages for battery warnings on BMW's 1 is the dreaded "Low Battery Discharge" warning which I used to get on my E71 and, 2 this one you have. I have not seen the former on the F86 yet, but my guess is the voltage monitoring system is seeing a parasitic drain on the battery when the car is off and it's saying "this is not normal, something is drawing power when car is off" and it is giving you this message as a precaution to check that something is wrong. Just a guess, but it may continue to be persistent as long as the camera is connected to the fusebox drawing power when the car is shut off. You can try a different fuse and see if that fixes the issue, just live with it, or go battery pack route.

Appreciate 1
jonatious249.50
      04-15-2021, 06:35 PM   #53
denaliman
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2013 X6M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnack View Post
I do occasionally if I’m using parking mode. I have the magic box or whatever BlackVue calls it, I didn’t have issues in my last BMW so I need to find the proper voltage cut off to not have that message.

There seem to be a number of things that stay on no matter what, and I think when it drops to a certain voltage the it maybe finally shuts off and pops up that message.

I haven’t seen it for awhile and I think I have mine set to shut off at 12.7 maybe. I would have to look at the dip switches to verify.

At the end of the day I believe it’s the BMW saying hey you have something drawing power we aren’t aware of.

But all completely guesses on my part

I think Chris and I are basically saying the same thing.

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 06:58 PM   #54
denaliman
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2013 X6M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnack View Post

Chris, you may want to set the power magic pro to 12v. If it is higher than that when you crank over your X and the battery temporarily dips below that 12.7v the BlackVue will shut down because it was below the set threshold cut off set on the powermagic. So if that ever happens this is the reason.

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 11:50 PM   #55
jonatious
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I don't know what camera you a running so hard to say . However, I have seen 2 different messages for battery warnings on BMW's 1 is the dreaded "Low Battery Discharge" warning which I used to get on my E71 and, 2 this one you have. I have not seen the former on the F86 yet, but my guess is the voltage monitoring system is seeing a parasitic drain on the battery when the car is off and it's saying "this is not normal, something is drawing power when car is off" and it is giving you this message as a precaution to check that something is wrong. Just a guess, but it may continue to be persistent as long as the camera is connected to the fusebox drawing power when the car is shut off. You can try a different fuse and see if that fixes the issue, just live with it, or go battery pack route.
Yeah same guess, and as I verified that the camera is actually in parking mode when car is off, I am assuming that the battery it consumes is minimal and should be fine. I just wanted to check if anyone has expert knowledge on this to say if it can really be ignored. Yeah I thought of trying a different fuse as well.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 11:55 PM   #56
jonatious
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Chris, you may want to set the power magic pro to 12v. If it is higher than that when you crank over your X and the battery temporarily dips below that 12.7v the BlackVue will shut down because it was below the set threshold cut off set on the powermagic. So if that ever happens this is the reason.
I have Garmin Tandem, not sure if I can set the volt cut off tbh
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 01:26 PM   #57
Antoine Ego
Registered
Russia
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 30d G06 2021

Found the following video recently.
Although it's about F15/16 and F85/86, I thought it might be helpful.

Appreciate 0
      05-26-2021, 09:18 PM   #58
chrisnack
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 (G05) 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeelover696969 View Post
Hey Chris,

I'm doing a hardwire install soon, and i have a 2021 x5. I assume (can anyone confirm) that the fuse #'s for 2019s and 2021's are the same? I will try to use the F## fuse numbers previously mentioned above.
Also, you mentioned ATA, Micro, and Mini. I know i need 2, which two would work from here:https://www.blackboxmycar.com/collec...32286665539639

Select Fuse Type 1
Select Fuse Type 2
As far as I know MY21 would be the same, should be same until a LCI or model change.

You need ATA and Micro
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2021, 10:33 PM   #59
SmartSaves
X5 Enthusiast
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5

Garage List
2021 BMW X5  [10.00]
Sharing my feedback if someone follow this thread. I ran two wires through D pillar and inside the roofliner (same as the OP's video), but neglected to wrap/insulate the cables with Tesa tape. These two cables are now creating intermittent reverberating rattling noise when I drive on some uneven surfaces. I hear cable vibration noise if I slightly tap/punch the roofliner between D and C pillar. I'll need to re-do the wiring and zip tie those as much as possible; learn from my mistake 🙈

Update: my mistake, the sound was coming from loose sunroof screws.
      08-23-2021, 12:13 AM   #60
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartSaves View Post
Sharing my feedback if someone follow this thread. I ran two wires through D pillar and inside the roofliner (same as the OP's video), but neglected to wrap/insulate the cables with Tesa tape. These two cables are now creating intermittent reverberating rattling noise when I drive on some uneven surfaces. I hear cable vibration noise if I slightly tap/punch the roofliner between D and C pillar. I'll need to re-do the wiring and zip tie those as much as possible; learn from my mistake 🙈
Could you recommend any hardwire kits that has built in low voltage cut off that can fit directly on the fuse box? Turns out the set I have has hard-wired larger fuse that makes it unusable and I don't want to cut/reconnect anything
      08-23-2021, 12:42 PM   #61
SmartSaves
X5 Enthusiast
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Could you recommend any hardwire kits that has built in low voltage cut off that can fit directly on the fuse box? Turns out the set I have has hard-wired larger fuse that makes it unusable and I don't want to cut/reconnect anything
Blackvue user can buy the power magic pro to set voltage threshold (link below), you get an option to select the fuse-tap type when you place the order. I believe the newer models have this tech built in.

https://blackvue.com/product/blackvu...-parking-mode/
Attached Images

09-03-2021, 11:03 PM   #62
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartSaves View Post
Blackvue user can buy the power magic pro to set voltage threshold (link below), you get an option to select the fuse-tap type when you place the order. I believe the newer models have this tech built in.

https://blackvue.com/product/blackvu...-parking-mode/
This is really interesting, thanks for sharing.
The Power Magic Pro has cigarette lighter port so it can work with any dashcam, my only problem is finding one switched and one constant fuse. Which fuses should we use in the front for these two? There was some contradiction as I tested the fuse before that was listed was still active (live) when I shut off the engine and waited until lights turned off. Can we confirm F59 and F27 are the fuses we can use? I will order the taps too, can anyone tell me what size fuses are these? ATM an Mini 2?
      09-19-2021, 05:02 PM   #63
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
This is really interesting, thanks for sharing.
The Power Magic Pro has cigarette lighter port so it can work with any dashcam, my only problem is finding one switched and one constant fuse. Which fuses should we use in the front for these two? There was some contradiction as I tested the fuse before that was listed was still active (live) when I shut off the engine and waited until lights turned off. Can we confirm F59 and F27 are the fuses we can use? I will order the taps too, can anyone tell me what size fuses are these? ATM an Mini 2?
Sorry to bump but I wanted to check this before I make any mistakes. Could someone help?
      01-28-2022, 11:19 AM   #64
suboray
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5, 2001 330i

Quote:
Nope, but I have a battery pack. I also installed a eMYLO remote switch which I use to turn off the camera completely when I park in the garage. The BlackVue 900x does not have a manual on/off switch so the only way to turn it off is to unplug the power cable every time. No need to have it running in parking mode when my vehicle is parked in the garage and drawing power for 10 minutes before it switches over to battery power. There is also no need to draw power from my battery pack while sitting in the garage. The switch is attached to the back of the battery pack and the battery pack is mounted out of the way in rear driver's side cubby to the back of the amp bracket. You can't even see the battery pack back there (blue box in last pic). Works like a charm. I can turn on and off my camera from the second floor of my house. The range is incredible. Forum member SmartSaves and myself worked on the switch concept together.
This is a great idea. Can you share how you have this wired with the eMylo switch? Did you cut and reuse the cigarette adapter or use install it into the hardwire kit?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2022, 09:35 PM   #65
SmartSaves
X5 Enthusiast
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by suboray View Post
Quote:
This is a great idea. Can you share how you have this wired with the eMylo switch? Did you cut and reuse the cigarette adapter or use install it into the hardwire kit?
Yes, I spliced the cigarette adapter about 6 inches before the battery pack socket and soldered the wires for better contacts. denaliman came up with this idea and helped me with planning and installing. Remote control fobs are working without any issues, love the setup.