BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-09-2021, 12:28 AM   #111
sadisticpandabear
Rep
Drives: G20 330E

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
What error do you get with VIP? Is it a seed authentication error by any chance?

Sorry to ressurect this, but I have this seed error on my dsc_vip. Unable to code/flash the card. (And it's showing empty cafd referred)

Did you ever got to fix this error
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 01:55 AM   #112
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadisticpandabear View Post
Sorry to ressurect this, but I have this seed error on my dsc_vip. Unable to code/flash the card. (And it's showing empty cafd referred)

Did you ever got to fix this error
Yes, you need to code the DSC_VIP ECU in diagnostic mode. Engine running won't work.

Almaretto - for ref
Appreciate 1
      03-09-2021, 03:29 AM   #113
Baron G15
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW G15 8 Series, Audi Q8

I’m having a couple of problems with my ASLA....I’m not sure if it’s a result of something I did when I coded everything for TLA....when I enter a 20mph speed limit zone’ I get a message ‘automatic speed limit adoption inactive’...I also get it when I use the limit function....the only time I used to get this message was when I entered a 5mph speed zone (at school)...now it’s doing it for 20mph....
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 03:40 AM   #114
sadisticpandabear
Rep
Drives: G20 330E

Quote:
Yes, you need to code the DSC_VIP ECU in diagnostic mode. Engine running won't work.

Almaretto - for ref

Enter diagnostics mode right before flash? Cause it seems like my car doesnt stay in diagnostics mode for very long or either it doesnt work.

The message pops up for just a second and dissapears.

Inject the CAFD or flash it? Gonna give it a shot.

Think i might need to recalibrated SAS also...Cause steering is super heavy above 5km/h. Or could that be because dsc not working?

Thanks for the help so far, gonna try it when i get home! i'll keep you posted

@ifr Put car in diagnostic mode before the flash. Engine light came on. Injected the CAFD. With success. Cleared Errors. All DSC warnings gone in the dashboard. Only the Parkings assitent error stayed.

Did the calibrate SAS manually like wheel left and right and whatsnot (dont know if it did anything). Then i looked into the errors and saw some errors in the airbag section about the PDC/PAM.

Did transmitter. -> ACMS_Bescbreiben (or something german)....car went out with a poof. And slowly came back alive. No more errors. No more errors, PAM seems to work, KAFAS seems to work (have to test it later but i saw i green symbol in the dash when driving to work)...

Everything seems to work now. Some small things but i can figure out those later. Everything is on Ilvel 11/2020 besided the VIP. thats on 07/2020 (too scared now for a moment to flash it). Shouldnt cause much problems i guess..

Mind PM-ing me your paypal? I want to send you something for you help Thank you very much

Last edited by sadisticpandabear; 03-09-2021 at 06:34 AM.. Reason: //needed worshipping for ifr
Appreciate 1
ifr1198.00
      03-09-2021, 08:14 AM   #115
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron G15 View Post
I’m having a couple of problems with my ASLA....I’m not sure if it’s a result of something I did when I coded everything for TLA....when I enter a 20mph speed limit zone’ I get a message ‘automatic speed limit adoption inactive’...I also get it when I use the limit function....the only time I used to get this message was when I entered a 5mph speed zone (at school)...now it’s doing it for 20mph....
It' BMW or the mapping provider. They messed something up.

I'm getting it changing speed to 85mph, and even 100 mph at times. Same, with the 'inactive' message, and some locations where it drops to 30 in a 50 zone etc.

Even with stock coding, always the same spots, so its picking it up from the mapping data.

Others have reported it in the UK, maybe elsewhere, and best I can tell they haven't modified aSLA in anyway.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 10:06 AM   #116
Baron G15
Private
Rep

Quote:
It' BMW or the mapping provider. They messed something up.

I'm getting it changing speed to 85mph, and even 100 mph at times. Same, with the 'inactive' message, and some locations where it drops to 30 in a 50 zone etc.

Even with stock coding, always the same spots, so its picking it up from the mapping data.

Others have reported it in the UK, maybe elsewhere, and best I can tell they haven't modified aSLA in anyway.
Ok, thanks for the update....strange thing is that it used to pick it up (Stow Centre)....two steps forward, one step back
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 11:49 AM   #117
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

I'd suggest reverting to stock coding to test, but I know that's not easy for you.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 01:13 PM   #118
Baron G15
Private
Rep

Quote:
I'd suggest reverting to stock coding to test, but I know that's not easy for you.
I didn’t test it in multiple locations this afternoon so I can’t be definitive but, I changed the speed adjustment threshold on the <40mph option from -2mph to +1mph.....so before, on a 20mph sign the car was set to drive at 18mph...after the adjustment it was set to drive at 21mph......

After this change the car successfully adopted the speed when I went past a 20mph sign......if I’m not mistaken, the minimum speed the car is able to adopt automatically is 20mph...I wonder if having it effectively set at 18mph caused the vehicle not to automatically adopt the speed.

If you recall IFR, I had an old version of ASLA...it only had one speed threshold adjustment....as part of my coding TLA I had ASLA updated to include the <40mph threshold added as well....which could be why I haven’t had this issue before.

On a different note, TLA is working great....I got caught between an amber and red light change today and the car handled it very well...it applied the brakes firmly but, smoothly (better than I could have done)...no drama, was really quite impressive.
Appreciate 1
ifr1198.00
      03-18-2021, 05:47 AM   #119
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

Quote:
Did you do anything to get DSC_VIP2 to code, or just leave as is? You don't need to code it for aSLA.

eTJA can be coded by adding 5AR to FA and VO Code SAS and HU_MGU, or FDL code:
HU_MGU:
Lenkassistent_DCS: gen_1

SAS2:
C_HOO_Vorhanden: NR001_Vorhanden_Standby (if on i-step 1911 or later)

C_HOO_Vorhanden: NR002_Vorhanden_NoStandby (if on i-step < 1911)

I'm not making an assumption on the value to set C_HOO* to. It's actually build version that it is referring to, so if there is a hardware change and its not just software updates, then NoStandby would be the right choice. No idea on the difference between the two options, which leads to me next point.

It doesn't work for me. It's not because the coding is incorrect, its not, its because the car checks which region it is in and if not supported then doesn't activate. I have not been able to find a land mask or similar that would allow EU country support.
Are these the only codes required for eTJA?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2021, 06:27 AM   #120
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by srbs73 View Post
Quote:
Did you do anything to get DSC_VIP2 to code, or just leave as is? You don't need to code it for aSLA.

eTJA can be coded by adding 5AR to FA and VO Code SAS and HU_MGU, or FDL code:
HU_MGU:
Lenkassistent_DCS: gen_1

SAS2:
C_HOO_Vorhanden: NR001_Vorhanden_Standby (if on i-step 1911 or later)

C_HOO_Vorhanden: NR002_Vorhanden_NoStandby (if on i-step < 1911)

I'm not making an assumption on the value to set C_HOO* to. It's actually build version that it is referring to, so if there is a hardware change and its not just software updates, then NoStandby would be the right choice. No idea on the difference between the two options, which leads to me next point.

It doesn't work for me. It's not because the coding is incorrect, its not, its because the car checks which region it is in and if not supported then doesn't activate. I have not been able to find a land mask or similar that would allow EU country support.
Are these the only codes required for eTJA?
ETJA doesn't work for eu vehicles. No fix possible
Appreciate 1
Vorda0.00
      03-18-2021, 07:24 AM   #121
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

Quote:
I missed the last sentence! Thanks for confirming.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 05:41 AM   #122
chris88
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: x3 f25

Quote:
maybe: in the hu_mgu - sarah - Lenkassistent_Plus set to aktiv
the description is, Lenkassistent Option (Handsoff)
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 05:52 AM   #123
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris88 View Post
Quote:
maybe: in the hu_mgu - sarah - Lenkassistent_Plus set to aktiv
the description is, Lenkassistent Option (Handsoff)
No that's for the SP21 vehicles and there is no corresponding support in SAS3 for the iX and G70 on SP18 vehicles.

That will probably just break eTJA plus on SP18 vehicles (where supported) as it disables the DCS for eTJA
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2021, 07:26 AM   #124
Brett Nosse
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i Pure 2002 JCW Cooper

Can this be done via Bimmercode?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2021, 07:42 AM   #125
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Nosse View Post
Can this be done via Bimmercode?
No, esysx only
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 07:18 AM   #126
Brett Nosse
Private First Class
Rep

Ok. Weird thing happened tonight. While playing around today in the driving, speed assist settings. It came up with Automatic I selected it .... then I grabbed the wifes key and went to do it and its only giving manual and show current limits... went back grabbed my key and its also back to just those 2 options. Thought something crazy happened.... :-( it was while I was coding in Bimmercode.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 08:08 AM   #127
Brett Nosse
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
No, esysx only
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 08:52 AM   #128
Brett Nosse
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeet View Post
I have successfully coded it. I am on 2019/11, AUSY car.

I changed two options from the list VOFFSET to gen_2.

I see the option to "Adjust to route" which enables roundabout, turns... this can be turned on/off as well if not required.

Everything works fine.
Hi care to share the coding changes?
Thanks Brett
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2021, 04:05 AM   #129
korvinc
Rep
Drives: BMW m440i

Hello, can any advise which combination of VOFFSET* coding will allow to set max or min speed SLA setting with manually accepted made to another value.

Coded
BDC
VOFFSET - gen_1 - actually it was from FA
VOFFSET_MAXKMH - 0A (maybe literally wrong)

And the same coding in MGU

But the setting for choose new limit did not appear, and the SLA behavior stays +15kmh.
What corrections I have to do?

Last edited by korvinc; 08-04-2021 at 12:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 01:09 AM   #130
Bambazonke
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 & 2020 X5

Garage List
  [0.00]
In April this year I had my car serviced & iLevel updated to 03/2021. I have since then waited for E Sysx to resume selling offline licences and support NCD mapping for iLevel 07/2021 as i was told an OTA update would happen in the last quarter of the year.

I eventually lost patience and opted to purchase Bimmercode and use it to expert code the more popular & available ECU's where possible and then supplement it with Launcher Pro where the lesser known ECU's would be available. I assumed these ECU's would not update too often and the mappings change too much.

I firstly used Bimmercode in expert mode to code the MGU HU & BDC ECU's since BC's mappings are up to date unlike Launcher Pro where the FDL parameters SICHT ABSICHT and STRECKENVERLAUF GENERATION were not visible in the MGU HU ncd file. Coding of these 2 ECU's was done with the engine running and no errors were reported.

Then using Launcher Pro software I read the coding of the SAS3 and DSC_VIP ECU's which automatically saves a copy of the NCD file in the CAF directory. Once this was done I made copies of them and modified the FDL coding to support aSLA

Finally i reconnected to the car and replaced the existing SAS3 NCD file with the modified one and then coded the ECU. I then repeated the process with the DSC_VIP ECU.

Please note the coding of these 2 ECU's must be done with the car in Diagnostic Mode (Press start button 3 times in quick succession without foot on the brake) You will get a notification in the instrument panel when the car is in diagnostic mode then start coding. If you don't do this, you will likely get coding errors and possibly corrupt the ECU and end up injecting a replacement generic file and coding it back to ex factory and start the whole process again.

Incidentally when I was coding the HU_MGU the 2 missing parameters not listed in Launcher Pro (SICHT ABSICHT and STRECKENVERLAUF GENERATION) were already coded to aktiv & gen01 respectively. I may have been lucky but I would still recommend using/checking for the missing codes with BC software
Attached Images

12-01-2021, 10:52 AM   #131
temoore48
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 4.5e

Garage List
2022 BMW X5  [0.00]
Another option

For those who want a simple solution, the following company will code as many items from their list as you want for $100 (and if an iDrive update removes some / all of the coding they will redo it for a reduced rate). I had them do a number of items even though I had coded in the past. They coded my anti-dazzle laser lights and the cruise control automatic speed adjustment as well. Great service, done remotely of course.
https://www.codemybimmer.ca/g-chassis-coding/
      01-02-2022, 11:15 PM   #132
The-Traveler
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & G30 530e

Anyone still have that spreadsheet? I'm trying to get this working on a 2018 G30 running ID6, with 5AT and all other required features.
Appreciate 0