03-12-2024, 12:46 PM   #111
biterror
Captain
Finland
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by medialook View Post
+1 had that in my 2020 G05 30d and it happend for the first time on my 2022 40d. Both with HK audio. iDrive reset doesn't help. Leaving the car off for about 10-15 minutes does help.

I wonder if there is a definite resolution to the problem.
Has the dealer updated the car's software to fix this problem? It helped with my car (I would never have believed that).
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2024, 04:12 AM   #112
medialook
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40d G05

Garage List
2022 BMW X5 40d  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by biterror View Post
Has the dealer updated the car's software to fix this problem? It helped with my car (I would never have believed that).
I've had a major OTA update recently and this happened first time since I owned it. Might ask to update it during the next service visit.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2024, 04:34 AM   #113
biterror
Captain
Finland
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by medialook View Post
I've had a major OTA update recently and this happened first time since I owned it. Might ask to update it during the next service visit.
I'm not sure if an OTA update fixes the problem - mine was updated by the dealer when I complained about the problem.

(Do we know if OTA updates affect _all_ software in _all_ units in the car?)
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2024, 02:36 PM   #114
Abusalacchi
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw X6m50i

I had this problem on and off. I brought it to my selling dealership with just vocals and no bass and they were not able to figure out the problem even blamed window tint how stupid. I then took it to a closer bmw dealership for oil change and asked them to look into it. They ran some kind of test and confirmed what I knew all along the bass amp was defective in the rear hatch. They replaced it and so far so good. All done under warranty mine is a 2021 with 33000 miles x6m50i.
Appreciate 1
medialook104.00
      03-16-2024, 06:15 PM   #115
Wife's x5
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2019 x5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abusalacchi View Post
I had this problem on and off. I brought it to my selling dealership with just vocals and no bass and they were not able to figure out the problem even blamed window tint how stupid. I then took it to a closer bmw dealership for oil change and asked them to look into it. They ran some kind of test and confirmed what I knew all along the bass amp was defective in the rear hatch. They replaced it and so far so good. All done under warranty mine is a 2021 with 33000 miles x6m50i.
Do you know the part # they replaced it with? And did they have to re-program anything?

My wife's x5 is doing the same thing now. It's out of warranty, part is simple enough to physically replace. But I don't have the ability to re-program at home.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2024, 07:47 PM   #116
-cj-
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '20 X5MC | '20 Z4

Not sure if this is the same issue, but I had this happen to me twice on my 2020 x5m. The first time it went away after I parked the car for the night. The second time, I realized it was a glitch with my iPhone - either speech mode triggered it (talking to Siri), or I was making a phone call. Basically it shifted to the bluetooth profile and after I stopped doing whatever I was doing, the audio kept playing using the same bluetooth profile. I think I made a phone call or repeated whatever I was doing and it fixed the problem.

In my case, my problem didn't persist after I turned off the car. I'd remove and repair any phones you may be using. If the problem persists across multiple sources, it's not the same issue I had..but thought this could help someone out...
      03-18-2024, 11:26 AM   #117
Cardona
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X5 M Competition

Happened to me a couple pf years ago… for some reason the sound system defaults the equilizer to factory settings and dials the bass to zero. So nothing is broken is just a glitch of the system dialing that back “just because”. Simply go to> vehicle settings> sound> dial bass up to your liking> enjoy.

I know is a pain in the @#%^* to have to go through this, but at leat you know is not a software/hardware damage.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2024, 08:44 PM   #118
Abusalacchi
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw X6m50i

I don’t have the part number handy but I do remember seeing the paper work stating that the tech had to program the new amp. I also had to re select the remote start feature in the I drive so can confirm that there was some reprogramming done.
Appreciate 0