BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-17-2019, 04:54 PM   #111
scottjays
Starfleet Command
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

This is a common customer serv tactic, evade and annoy as much as possible without coming off as a total ass. She wants to tell you to F*** off but obv can't so she will act as vague and unhelpful as possible...so you will go away. Terrible position to put you in...I'd tell to get it together and be more helpful and stop with these vague answers.
      06-17-2019, 06:54 PM   #112
AustinV
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjays View Post
This is a common customer serv tactic, evade and annoy as much as possible without coming off as a total ass. She wants to tell you to F*** off but obv can't so she will act as vague and unhelpful as possible...so you will go away. Terrible position to put you in...I'd tell to get it together and be more helpful and stop with these vague answers.
Agreed, it's time to take your "nice guy" hat off...
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 09:01 PM   #113
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
I sent her a link to this OP, maybe if she's feeling like doing when job she will read this. I very bluntly said I always share my honest experience with the community. I've said this since day 1, maybe she didn't believe me, who knows.

I'm not backing down, but I'm certainly tired if giving them chances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinV View Post
Quote:
Agreed, it's time to take your "nice guy" hat off...
I only have a mildly nice guy hate an an asshole one joking of course
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 09:43 AM   #114
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
BMW's response to my dissatisfaction
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 09:47 AM   #115
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Hopefully they get back to you with a list of the items in each category and then an explanation as to why any item is not warranty. The part that is odd is that he/she has to work with the dealer. At this point everything should be in BMWNA's hands and then tell the dealer what to do.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 10:00 AM   #116
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Hopefully they get back to you with a list of the items in each category and then an explanation as to why any item is not warranty. The part that is odd is that he/she has to work with the dealer. At this point everything should be in BMWNA's hands and then tell the dealer what to do.
Unfortunately, that's not how things work. BMW NA has 0 control over dealerships and what they do since they're a 3rd party
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 10:04 AM   #117
AustinV
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i (2019)

Quote:
What I don't understand is how all these are NON warrantied items? Do they imply that you have misaligned all these cameras, damaged the trim etc. (don't remember all the items on the list but most seemed obvious to be warrantied unless you yourself messed them up)? You said you have pictures from delivery proving all this right? Are they not accepting them? Perhaps it's dealer who you bought the car from need to be responsible?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 10:19 AM   #118
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
What I don't understand is how all these are NON warrantied items? Do they imply that you have misaligned all these cameras, damaged the trim etc. (don't remember all the items on the list but most seemed obvious to be warrantied unless you yourself messed them up)? You said you have pictures from delivery proving all this right? Are they not accepting them? Perhaps it's dealer who you bought the car from need to be responsible?
I have no idea but would love to know too; apparently, they think so. Dealer nor BMW NA care about the pictures despite offering numerous times so I stopped offering. That is a complicated matter since I bought it out of state and took delivery here. The dealer I bought it from never saw the car and only did paperwork so it's not their fault whatsoever.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 10:21 AM   #119
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
Unfortunately, that's not how things work. BMW NA has 0 control over dealerships and what they do since they're a 3rd party
I don't think that is the way warranty claims work but could be wrong. I was under the impression that it was the manufacture that has the final say as to whether an item is under warranty or not since they are the ones that pay for it.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 10:23 AM   #120
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
I don't think that is the way warranty claims work but could be wrong. I was under the impression that it was the manufacture that has the final say as to whether an item is under warranty or not since they are the ones that pay for it.
For warranty work yes, but if the dealer disagrees and BMW sides with them (which it seems like they are) then I could try going through another dealer and testing my luck or fighting this one. Their engineer spoke very broken English, while he was a nice guy, I don't think he fully understood the issues I was explaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5_CC
Is that a person in the customer service department?

That note sounds quite unprofessional and very un-customer friendly. There's a way to be firm, yet polite and maintain professionalism.

Wait to see what they say is non-warrantable, and pending the answer to that I would escalate myself. It is quite easy to find higher executives through LinkedIn.

This is direct from my BMW NA case manager in their New Jersey Corporate Office. I cannot go higher within that area unless I contact one of them via LinkedIn or using other channels. You might be surprised now knowing this isn't the dealer, welcome to the excellent customer service of BMW NA

Last edited by AndroidRobot; 06-18-2019 at 10:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 10:58 AM   #121
dream54ing
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 428xi F32- X5 X5 G05 -640i F06

not sure if you gone down this route, but email each executive and work your way down to Mr Kuhnt. Express how the case manager is handling the issue.
hopefully they can assign one of Mr. Kuhnt personal assistant to oversee your case.
Also let them know Mr. Ly said so! or not ;P

Primary Contact
Richard Hart
Department Head Customer Relations and Services
300 Chestnut Ridge Road
Woodcliff Lake, NJ 07677-7731
Richard.Hart@bmwna.com

Shaun Bugbee
Executive Vice President, Operations
300 Chestnut Ridge Road
Shaun.Bugbee@bmwna.com

Chief Executive
Bernhard Kuhnt
CEO of BMW North America
300 Chestnut Ridge Road
Bernhard.Kuhnt@bmwna.com

from https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/bmw/

www.bmwgroup.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BMWGroup
Twitter: http://twitter.com/BMWGroup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/BMWGroupview
Google+: http://googleplus.bmwgroup.com

Last edited by dream54ing; 06-18-2019 at 11:07 AM..
Appreciate 2
gpitts247.00
      06-18-2019, 11:14 AM   #122
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
I said this a few pages back. How are some of these items “not” a warranty item on a new car?? This is where legal action would set in for me. Why BMW would even bother this much on these simple fixes is a waist of everyone’s time and makes them look like a jackass. Your (BMW) is suppose to be a premium automaker and these kind of games (even if they feel it isn’t a warranty item) should be covered not to look like a low rent manufacture. Much more of this would have many owners running back to a domestic brand and never look at another German car for the rest of their life.

BMW has to detest Android at this point and the fact he is making this a open book on social media has to infuriate them. Now I am wondering if because this is so public are they purposely being difficult as to not set a precedence? I feel like they are now forcing Androids hand into playing lawyer ball in a game of who hates who more and want to throw real money at the battle. It’s like a bitter divorce at this point so if this goes any further, it’s time to take the gloves off and go hard core into a free social media campaign on YouTube, Facebook, etc.... and disclose how you have been treated and what a BMW might experience as a owner.
Unfortunately your beautiful X5 becomes a innocent child of divorce in this battle.

Last edited by MystroX5; 06-18-2019 at 11:24 AM..
Appreciate 1
      06-18-2019, 11:34 AM   #123
bizfiend
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Renting Corolla lol

Have you looked into lawyers for their opinions
Appreciate 1
      06-18-2019, 12:27 PM   #124
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
Quote:
I said this a few pages back. How are some of these items "not" a warranty item on a new car?? This is where legal action would set in for me. Why BMW would even bother this much on these simple fixes is a waist of everyone's time and makes them look like a jackass. Your (BMW) is suppose to be a premium automaker and these kind of games (even if they feel it isn't a warranty item) should be covered not to look like a low rent manufacture. Much more of this would have many owners running back to a domestic brand and never look at another German car for the rest of their life.

BMW has to detest Android at this point and the fact he is making this a open book on social media has to infuriate them. Now I am wondering if because this is so public are they purposely being difficult as to not set a precedence? I feel like they are now forcing Androids hand into playing lawyer ball in a game of who hates who more and want to throw real money at the battle. It's like a bitter divorce at this point so if this goes any further, it's time to take the gloves off and go hard core into a free social media campaign on YouTube, Facebook, etc.... and disclose how you have been treated and what a BMW might experience as a owner.
Unfortunately your beautiful X5 becomes a innocent child of divorce in this battle.
I will comment more on this later but I wholeheartedly agree.

I encourage everyone to share this around. I don't use Facebook or really any social media so I'd rather not make one solely for this purpose. I already sent a link of this OP to my case manager which I highly doubt she clicked, so instead I took a screenshot of your post. What you said encompasses the sentiment of people very well and I believe if anything will show how they are damaging the brand. Once I know officially what's fixed/not fixed I will take the action necessary to address things.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 01:07 PM   #125
amphiprion
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 45e MSport

She would have to say "warranty items" to cover their behind since there very well could be other non-warranty items on the car that could be repaired. example: some minor damage to the exterior of the car from an unfortunate cleaning accident AndroidRobot had.

Clearly, she doesn't want to put in writing that literally "everything wrong with the car" will be fixed. The language has to be precise as it's probably filtering through their attys.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 01:10 PM   #126
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by amphiprion View Post
She would have to say "warranty items" to cover their behind since there very well could be other non-warranty items on the car that could be repaired. example: some minor damage to the exterior of the car from an unfortunate cleaning accident AndroidRobot had.

Clearly, she doesn't want to put in writing that literally "everything wrong with the car" will be fixed. The language has to be precise as it's probably filtering through their attys.
that just ripped my PPF and was not apart of anything mentioned in my dealer visit. I sent the work order in with everything they didn't say was getting fixed highlighted.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 01:30 PM   #127
amphiprion
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 45e MSport

I agree, like everyone here, that what you listed that the dealer said(?) they weren't going to fix should be covered under warranty. But technically, she didn't say those specific items were not under warranty (and consequently not going to be handled).
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 01:59 PM   #128
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
I agree, like everyone here, that what you listed that the dealer said(?) they weren't going to fix should be covered under warranty. But technically, she didn't say those specific items were not under warranty (and consequently not going to be handled).
The dealer did directly when I spoke with them. I know their SM sent over an email to my case manager earlier. I tried calling/emailing her but now she won't respond once again.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 04:04 PM   #129
TXSchnee
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM

Quote:
Quote:
The dealer did directly when I spoke with them. I know their SM sent over an email to my case manager earlier. I tried calling/emailing her but now she won't respond once again.
Too bad they haven't bothered to read this post, it is sincerely helping me to make a purchase decision, and it isn't looking great for BMW... I can deal with warranty issues, I cannot deal with a brand treating customers this way. My G01 may end up being my last BMW.
2020 Porsche Cayenne E Hybrid (sold)
2018 X3 M40i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 08:16 PM   #130
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSchnee View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Too bad they haven't bothered to read this post, it is sincerely helping me to make a purchase decision, and it isn't looking great for BMW... I can deal with warranty issues, I cannot deal with a brand treating customers this way. My G01 may end up being my last BMW.
I agree with you, the case manager also isn't answering my emails or calls now. She always used to reply whether in a meeting or not so this is certainly our of character. BMW is working hard to hurt their imagine when I gave them more chances than they deserved. Saying any of those items are covered is utterly ridiculous. I think it's a combination of a and dealer, regional rep, engineer and case manager. Surely an enthusiast brand like BMW (or Porsche) for that matter wouldn't act in such a manner. Their core is the car lover like people on this forum globally, yet even so they don't seem to care. I believe in transparency and lack of censorship (aside from my personal info) generally speaking. If people never knew about experiences like mine how could they make a good, informed decision?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 08:39 PM   #131
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

It looks to me that the problem here is the dealer relationship. Of some reason the dealer isn’t eager to represent AR strongly. It is my experience that complicated or costly warranty and buy back decisions are made between the service manager and the regional BMWNA representative. The SM periodically brings these cases to the BMWNA representative and his/hers opinions matters, he/she is your best advocate to get things done. Direct customer contacts to BMWNA or any manufacturer is often a dead end, they aren’t equipped and don’t want things done this way and delays, unresponsiveness, “vacations”, lost cases etc. are more norm than not when in contrast a good and motivated service manager can get things done quickly and smoothly.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 09:15 PM   #132
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
It looks to me that the problem here is the dealer relationship. Of some reason the dealer isn't eager to represent AR strongly. It is my experience that complicated or costly warranty and buy back decisions are made between the service manager and the regional BMWNA representative. The SM periodically brings these cases to the BMWNA representative and his/hers opinions matters, he/she is your best advocate to get things done. Direct customer contacts to BMWNA or any manufacturer is often a dead end, they aren't equipped and don't want things done this way and delays, unresponsiveness, "vacations", lost cases etc. are more norm than not when in contrast a good and motivated service manager can get things done quickly and smoothly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
It looks to me that the problem here is the dealer relationship. Of some reason the dealer isn't eager to represent AR strongly. It is my experience that complicated or costly warranty and buy back decisions are made between the service manager and the regional BMWNA representative. The SM periodically brings these cases to the BMWNA representative and his/hers opinions matters, he/she is your best advocate to get things done. Direct customer contacts to BMWNA or any manufacturer is often a dead end, they aren't equipped and don't want things done this way and delays, unresponsiveness, "vacations", lost cases etc. are more norm than not when in contrast a good and motivated service manager can get things done quickly and smoothly.

They had an engineer and their lead Service tech ride with me. The service tech agreed with me more than the engineer so I think he was overridden by their engineer who flew in.

There's still more at play in my opinion because the whole situation isn't right now matter what lense you view it with.
Appreciate 2
gpitts247.00
solstice5456.50