BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-23-2010, 11:19 AM   #45
Laser McCool
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator View Post
Actually, you are a public servant because you get paid by tax money. Also, my "assinine" comment about the difference of the concept of Law and concept of Justice still stands. That can be evidenced, as you pointed out, by the constantly changing law to accomodate for a better system of justice.

I don't generalize the badge. I'm pointing out my experience with people who have jobs where they get shot at, including those on this forum. You talk like you're doing everyone this huge self-sacrificing favor. What the fuck do you think you were doing for me in Iraq? Really? Protecting me from Saddam? Pack your shit and come home, I'll manage that security risk.

My biggest point is this: Stop the bravado. People take worse risks in shitty neighborhoods in the states (where the police are nowhere to be found, by the way) doing day-to-day tasks with a huge risk of getting mugged and killed. They don't go around telling people how they are there so others don't have to do it. They are there because that's the best they could do, and because they need a paycheck.
LOL you are a moron.. move to canada hippie...
      02-23-2010, 11:21 AM   #46
Laser McCool
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e46

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335R1 View Post
Reading comprehension has also escaped you. I don't recall saying changing laws to accomodate for a better system of justice. When I said change some things, did you assume I meant laws? So if you did use my comment as evidence, then it's circumstantial at most and misinterpreted completely. I don't believe you explained the concept of law and justice, you did however infered they were different through police excercise of enforcement and discretion.

I didn't do shit for you anywhere. So don't for once think you're special enough and worthy of sacrifice. Like I said, you only reaped the benefits of our sacrifices. But we sure as hell didn't do it for you. I did it for everything else, but you. I did it for reasons and causes beyond your understanding. I did it for everyone else I give two shits about. That puts your importance in the crevice of the pebble beneath my boots. I served two combat tours, Iraq wasn't one of them.

Wow, I can only guess the last two sentences were a jabbed at the military. That right there is more ignorant than the idiot causing risks in shitty neighborhoolds where "the police are nowhere to be found". So what exactly do you want to debate? Crime control, legal and justice system, sociol order, international policy or do you want to continue bashing uniformed civilian and military? I'll tell you what, if you're feeling a little less important for whatever reason, make an appointment. I'll let you carry my bags for me.
      02-23-2010, 12:55 PM   #47
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

LOL

It's the 10% rule. Same idea in the military as it is with cops. We only see or pay attention to the 10% who ruin it for everyone. Yeah, there are some dickhole cops out there, but most of the negative attitudes are due to sweeping generalizations built off that 10% than the 90% who really do give a shit and do things right. From the sounds of it, some people have had some pretty shitty runs of luck too.

Reminds me of that story I heard about Captain Chontosh when I was in. Didn't see it in the press because they'd rather cover the atrocities at Abu Graib or that piece of shit Corporal who burned his pregnant girlfriend. Nobody hears the stories about the real heroes (and putting the uniform on does not automatically make you a hero) both in the LEO world and in the military. I knew some real shitbags when I was in, but that's everywhere you go. You'll never get away from shitbags and their antics. That's the way it seems anyway, and cops have so much power that it is easy for them to abuse and manipulate to the point where it's just not right. How do we fix that? I don't know. How do you fix human nature and greed which is hardcoded into our society and DNA???

As far as atheletes go, some of their stories may indeed be heroic. I don't know if it's even fair to compare them to the heroes like Captain Chontosh, CMOH awardees, or cops who do go out there every day because they actually want to do good.... Different kind of heroes completely IMO. Apples and oranges are both "fruit", but can't be compared adequately.
Appreciate 0