Garage List
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
2022 BMW X5 xDrive40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake6551 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosen7 View Post
I know there must be a few posts and threads about this though, I can't find exactly my answer on this just yet.
I have so far been convinced that I will be fine with 21" wheels on a staggered setup. ( 21" M Y-spoke Bi-color Wheels, Style 741M with Performance Run-flat Tires).
I understand I won't be able to rotate the tires. I will be okay with that.
However, my concern is ride quality.

Can anyone please share their experience or engineering on how my ride quality will differ between 20" square setup vs 21" staggered on G05 X5 xdrive with Adaptive M Suspension? Or also point me to a thread talking exactly about this? Personally, I am sensitive to ride quality. I have a toddler and a mini-me on the way.
My M50i (DHP/Adaptive M) had 741M from factory and I’ve had a set of 740M on the last 3k miles for snow. I’m running the stock Bridgestone A/S RFTs on them.

Personally I think the ride quality on the 21s might actually be better. They feel slightly better tracking and there is zero difference in harshness over bumps, cracks, expansions joints etc.
Wow, I'm glad to hear that!
Looking forward to this new order. Initial ordered in November. Getting my car now in February, SMH
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2022, 07:16 PM   #24
MU9294
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW Z3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathongirl View Post
Dealing with the same thing. My x6 is at the dealership in Austin, TX. The recall impacted about 830 x5,x6,x4 between 12/15-12/20. No update from corporate and we’ve spoken to them twice. My car has been sitting at the dealership for 2 weeks. I went to see my car on 1/3 and spoke to the dealership and it really does appear they have no information. The screen literally shows Stop Purchase with a red X and no solution is posted yet. Corporate said it’s unusual there is not a solution by now, but can take 10+ business days. Whatever happened during production wasn’t known until the cars were en route to the dealership. My salesman has already placed a new order for a backup which isn’t scheduled to arrive until end of February or early March.
Spoke with the GM at my dealership today. He said they were looking at a mid-March (week 11) target for the fuel tank fix. Luckily nothing has been deleted from my order. I asked if BMW was going to compensate for the delay and he said he would look into it. I am not holding my breath, though.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2022, 08:45 PM   #25
Marathongirl
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW x6

Yikes! I have not been given this information yet. I’m
Glad my sales guy ordered me a backup X6. The x6 allotments don’t come as often as the X5’s. This is super annoying. Good luck. I just hold interest rates stay the same and bmw offers something.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2022, 03:55 AM   #26
Surgx5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X5

What's the factory cost of a $1700 upgrade as a good will gesture? Probably less than half that cost. They should eat the monthly payment until you get your car and provide an equal tier loaner in the meantime.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 03:40 PM   #27
duplexnyc
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Hi everyone, new contributor here.

I am so happy to see I am the only one out there but upset that we are all dealing with this issue.

Like most of you, I am also awaiting more information on this 2022 X5 "Stop Sale". I ordered my X5 on 12/8 and was given a production week of 12/20; my car arrived to the dealership on New Year's Eve.

Expecting my vehicle to be delivered the first week of January, it was to my surprise that I am unable to finalize my purchase due to a stop sale.

I am getting little to no information from my SA, with the constant reply that this is out of the dealerships hands and has to be lifted by the federal government and BMW Corporate. Additionally, I am unable to get any real information on what the issue actually entails, which is making me doubt finalizing this purchase.

If anyone has any additional intel, please share. I am considering canceling this current deal and ordering a new vehicle, despite the additional wait time.

Thanks everyone!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 04:00 PM   #28
mosen7
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5 xDrive40i

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by duplexnyc View Post

I am so happy to see I am the only one out there but upset that we are all dealing with this issue.

Like most of you, I am also awaiting more information on this 2022 X5 "Stop Sale". I ordered my X5 on 12/8 and was given a production week of 12/20; my car arrived to the dealership on New Year's Eve.

Expecting my vehicle to be delivered the first week of January, it was to my surprise that I am unable to finalize my purchase due to a stop sale.

I am getting little to no information from my SA, with the constant reply that this is out of the dealerships hands and has to be lifted by the federal government and BMW Corporate. Additionally, I am unable to get any real information on what the issue actually entails, which is making me doubt finalizing this purchase.

If anyone has any additional intel, please share. I am considering canceling this current deal and ordering a new vehicle, despite the additional wait time.

Thanks everyone!
I know the frustration. In short, after about 2 weeks of waiting for updates on the stop delivery for "fuel tank recall" for which no one has details about, I had a conversation with the general manager and sales advisor and decided to place a new order. My environmentally sensitive mind had me feeling a bit silly, considering I'm just ordering new cars to be built left and right "where are all these materials and things going to come from" LOL.
The fix and parts for the recall may take well into next month and even longer. So, the dealership allocated another build at "112 status" put in all my configuration/packages, colors etc. It was in "scheduled for production" since January 14th. Today Jan 19 I see it went to "Production Begins" status. The factory is offering $1k off for the inconvenience.
In conclusion, if you have a stop delivery on your order for this "fuel tank recall" I recommend placing a new order now.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 04:08 PM   #29
mosen7
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgx5 View Post
What's the factory cost of a $1700 upgrade as a good will gesture? Probably less than half that cost. They should eat the monthly payment until you get your car and provide an equal tier loaner in the meantime.
I hear you and that would be nice.
The dealer is including the factory-offered $1k off for the inconvenience, $1k loyalty, and then due to a separate issue I had with the SA (who got my interior trim wrong then allocated another build to get it right which most probably got me into the affected production week) for that they added the Driving Assist Pro package for free. We'll see when the car gets here
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 08:38 AM   #30
duplexnyc
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:

Thanks everyone!
After reading everyone's replies, I reached out to my SA to inquire about a new build. Regretfully, the dealer is not willing to offer me 2021 rates and I am pulling the plug on the deal. Good news is that I have called every dealer within 50 miles of my location and found an identical build with some extra options that I regretted not adding initially. While I will be paying slightly more (total $1200), it was a much better buying experience and the vehicle arrives this Monday.

For all of you still waiting on the fuel tank fix, my new SA did mention that due to the part shortage, they are expecting fixes in March. This is still all speculation but thought I would share this info.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 09:07 AM   #31
mosen7
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks everyone!
After reading everyone's replies, I reached out to my SA to inquire about a new build. Regretfully, the dealer is not willing to offer me 2021 rates and I am pulling the plug on the deal. Good news is that I have called every dealer within 50 miles of my location and found an identical build with some extra options that I regretted not adding initially. While I will be paying slightly more (total $1200), it was a much better buying experience and the vehicle arrives this Monday.

For all of you still waiting on the fuel tank fix, my new SA did mention that due to the part shortage, they are expecting fixes in March. This is still all speculation but thought I would share this info.
Happy to hear you found your solution. Indeed, a frustrating purchasing experience no doubt. I learned and was reminded by gqgambler here these recalls are in fact out of the dealers control. It is something the factory found and legally are not allowed to release the vehicles to buyers. Interesting your first SA was not able to allocate another build for you. Each dealership has its own numbers/quantity etc I suppose. I also made a change on my new (third) build; to the interior from cognac to coffee.
Anyway, glad it worked out. Im still waiting on my build. Currently in queue for production
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 01:39 PM   #32
gqgambler
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast & Furious

Quote:
Appreciate the feedback. Yeah that's similar to what I've gathered so far.
I went ahead and hit green light on the 22" staggered config
I've had an f85 and currently have an M50i on 22" with 3 kids. They don't complain about the ride quality and love the acceleration. I prefer the stiffer ride, but as has been said before it's all about perception.
      01-21-2022, 01:41 PM   #33
mosen7
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gqgambler View Post
Quote:
Appreciate the feedback. Yeah that's similar to what I've gathered so far.
I went ahead and hit green light on the 22" staggered config
I've had an f85 and currently have an M50i on 22" with 3 kids. They don't complain about the ride quality and love the acceleration. I prefer the stiffer ride, but as has been said before it's all about perception.
Nice!
I just realized I wrote 22". I meant I ordered with 21"
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 01:50 PM   #34
gqgambler
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Nice!
I just realized I wrote 22". I meant I ordered with 21"
I preferred the 22s over the 21s, because of tire choice selection. I wanted to try running all-seasons instead of two sets of tires/rims as I had been doing for the past decade+. When I purchased and researched, I had the all-season options of Pirelli and Nitto for the 22s and didn't find all-season options with the 21s in OEM size.
      01-21-2022, 02:09 PM   #35
gqgambler
Major
United_States
Rep

Please for everyone reading this post, don't beat up your dealers/SA/CA/GMs over this; they are not in the know. You will just come across as the privileged a** BMW driver expected to get things taken care of by complaining. Its super frustrating and the inconvenience is troublesome, but they are under no obligation to pamper you during this time. If they can help you out great.

Remember, this is the stop delivery recall. This is 110% out of the dealers and BMWs hands. When a stop order is issued its from the federal government, there is nothing that anyone can do until a fix has been approved by the government. No volume of calls, nagging, or going up the ladder will change this. There is nothing to escalate. They legally can't sell or deliver the car to you. Likewise, they have no idea when the order will be lifted, the best guess is an estimate from the manufacturer of when they think it might be approved by the federal government based on timelines and supply constraints. If the government doesn't approve the fix, back to the drawing board. There is nothing to follow-up on because they don't get updated until there is a fix.

I get it, it sucks. As I mentioned before, we just dealt with this on my wife's new car (not a BMW) that sat at port in the US for 2 months and couldn't even be delivered to the dealer because of a stop sale recall order; we were already changing out for the exact same model car due to a reoccurring issue that hadn't been fixed. I couldn't imagine if I had to drive by the dealer every day and see her car just sitting there (and I do pass it on my way to work). We got nothing extra, they honored our deal which in my opinion was very good since they were helping us out dealing with a gremlin.

Be patient. Wait. Order a new car. Do what you have to do, but don't blame the dealer or sever a previously good relationship over this.
      01-22-2022, 01:34 PM   #36
kta
Registered
Rep
Drives: X7

Fuel tank stop sale X7

Same issue here for my x7 40i ordered and in production same time frame - I learned it was those affected cars for just 5 days on the production line. I raised a fuss on social media and did get confirmation that they expect the fuel tank part or replacement to be ready for my dealer END OF MARCH. I ordered a new one to go into production. Not a good way to start my with my first BMW - I Am trying not to be disappointed - 100% not the dealerships fault - there was so little communication out of BMW corporate I think its ridiculous that an $85k SUV manufacturer handles customer service this way at the top though.....
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 03:02 PM   #37
cltx5
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: TBD BMW X5

Quote:
The dealer is including the factory-offered $1k off for the inconvenience, $1k loyalty, and then due to a separate issue I had with the SA (who got my interior trim wrong then allocated another build to get it right which most probably got me into the affected production week) for that they added the Driving Assist Pro package for free. We'll see when the car gets here
mosen7

Can you explain more about the $1,000 factory-offered discount off?

I was also affected but now my car is ready for pick-up today after waiting >1mth in quality check but my dealer said they haven't heard back about any incentives due to wait time. Not sure who they should talk to or hear from regarding an incentive.

Was it automatic b/c of the gas tank issue? Maybe mine was built same week, waited the month, but happened to not be affected by it?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 03:10 PM   #38
JIMOLDFED
USN Vet
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 40i

Oh My. My X5 started (allegedly) Production on 18 JAN. Genius told me yesterday its due to finish on 2 FEB. Now I wonder - because - its been sitting in PRODUCTION BEGINS for 6 days.

Well. First - regrets to the OP - please keep us informed.

I'l post here on 2 FEB to advise my status.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 03:14 PM   #39
jiggie
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by cltx5 View Post
mosen7

I was also affected but now my car is ready for pick-up today after waiting >1mth in quality check but my dealer said they haven't heard back about any incentives due to wait time. Not sure who they should talk to or hear from regarding an incentive.

Was it automatic b/c of the gas tank issue? Maybe mine was built same week, waited the month, but happened to not be affected by it?
I think the folks they are offering those discounts/credits to still won’t see their vehicle til March+ since that’s when the parts would come available.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 03:18 PM   #40
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMOLDFED View Post
Oh My. My X5 started (allegedly) Production on 18 JAN. Genius told me yesterday its due to finish on 2 FEB. Now I wonder - because - its been sitting in PRODUCTION BEGINS for 6 days.

Production begins does not mean that any assembly has begun. It only means that a VIN has been assigned and parts ordered/allocated. Actually assembly is less than a day's work.
      01-25-2022, 03:21 PM   #41
mosen7
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cltx5 View Post
Quote:
mosen7

Interesting. So your build week was within Dec 15 - 20 but you were one that in-fact was not actually affected. The dealer had told me it's possible mine would not have an issue but they put hold on all of them produced that week.

As for $1k good will gesture, the GM let me know about this stating it was offered from the factory.

Now, I've already ordered a new one already. So, will see what all they carry over to this deal. Mind you, I had to deal with an ordering issue on my first build. SA dialed incorrect interior trim on my first build so allocated a new build which ended up in the affected week for fuel tank recall.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 03:24 PM   #42
mosen7
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Quote:

Production begins does not mean that any assembly has begun. It only means that a VIN has been assigned and parts ordered/allocated. Actually assembly is less than a day's work.
Yeah, since I ended up order a new one while my "affected" one is sitting at the dealer, I have not inquired any further on the deal $. I will see when the X5 gets here, without any recalls etc and I'll talk to them them. The new one should get to the dealer second week February. I'll definitely post updates then
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 03:27 PM   #43
mosen7
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Quote:

Facts
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 03:41 PM   #44
cltx5
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: TBD BMW X5

Quote:
Interesting. So your build week was within Dec 15 - 20 but you were one that in-fact was not actually affected. The dealer had told me it's possible mine would not have an issue but they put hold on all of them produced that week.

As for $1k good will gesture, the GM let me know about this stating it was offered from the factory.

Now, I've already ordered a new one already. So, will see what all they carry over to this deal. Mind you, I had to deal with an ordering issue on my first build. SA dialed incorrect interior trim on my first build so allocated a new build which ended up in the affected week for fuel tank recall.
I wonder what the actual issue was (did they forget to attach some gas tanks b/c they drank too much eggnog right before the holiday?) and what the fix would be.

My car history supposedly doesn't have any stop sale so maybe it slipped through and they assembled it right and just held to inspect it...or maybe there is the issue and it slipped past them...or maybe they ran out of some random part in Quality Check after they painted something the wrong color. Who knows.
Appreciate 0