BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-01-2023, 08:30 AM   #1
mattsrs
Captain
Rep
Drives: X7

Mineral white touch up

Left my 1 weeks old car at detailer for ceramic coating and he called me saying a small bit of paint came off as I was spreading polish as part of paint correction. Load of BS! but it is what it is. It is on the right corner edge of the rear bumper. The larger chip is about 1/8" so not too big. I wonder if anyone knows what paint works best for mineral white touch up? I bought the BMW touch up kit but it seem to be a single stage paint not sure how well it will match. I have seen tricoat touch up kits online from other websites but would love to hear others experience in touching up mineral white?

Attached
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-01-2023, 09:43 AM   #2
parky1215
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F90 M5C | G06 X6 M60i

Unfortunately, there is no way to do perfect touch up on mineral white paint.
You can look for local/mobile touch up paint repair professional to do the job instead. It will probably cost you $200+ but result will be much better than doing it yourself with brush kit.

Last edited by parky1215; 07-01-2023 at 09:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2023, 10:07 AM   #3
mattsrs
Captain
Rep
Drives: X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by parky1215 View Post
Unfortunately, there is no way to do perfect touch up on mineral white paint.
You can look for local/mobile touch up paint repair professional to do the job instead. It will probably cost you $200+ but result will be much better than doing it yourself with brush kit.
Yea going to take it my trusted body shop and they will do the touch up. The chip is too small so hopefully it will look ok. I understand that tricoat paint is impossible to perfectly match with touch up.
Appreciate 0