BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-14-2022, 07:20 PM   #1
E91toG05
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 45e

VIN number now what?

Anything I can do with my VIN once I have it (vehicle status is at "production begins")? My BMW and Driver's Guide apps will not accept the VIN yet. Guessing they don't work until vehicle shows as sold? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2022, 07:46 PM   #2
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by E91toG05 View Post
Anything I can do with my VIN once I have it (vehicle status is at "production begins")? My BMW and Driver's Guide apps will not accept the VIN yet. Guessing they don't work until vehicle shows as sold? Thanks!
It might take a day or two, but eventually, using that VIN, you should be able to download the PDF copy of your user's manual on the BMW website after you create your garage. It's good to start reading, as there's a LOT of stuff in the vehicle and you'll not get full use of it without more than one reading of that manual. Something to do while you wait for it to be built and arrive for delivery. In the meantime, if you can find the VIN of a similar vehicle, you could download a copy using that one. In theory, it's supposed to be customized for your VIN, but in practice, not as much as I'd like...it still covers most all of the options, that you'd have to skip past as they wouldn't apply. You might be able to download that with just your production number, but probably not.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2022, 08:14 PM   #3
1Mors
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 xdrive40i msport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E91toG05 View Post
Yes it took me up to a week to start getting anything real on my assigned VIN
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2022, 08:59 PM   #4
goobies818
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jad03060 View Post
It might take a day or two, but eventually, using that VIN, you should be able to download the PDF copy of your user's manual on the BMW website after you create your garage. It's good to start reading, as there's a LOT of stuff in the vehicle and you'll not get full use of it without more than one reading of that manual. Something to do while you wait for it to be built and arrive for delivery. In the meantime, if you can find the VIN of a similar vehicle, you could download a copy using that one. In theory, it's supposed to be customized for your VIN, but in practice, not as much as I'd like...it still covers most all of the options, that you'd have to skip past as they wouldn't apply. You might be able to download that with just your production number, but probably not.
Watching YouTube videos from bmw and various dealers help a lot as well. You can see how certain features work in real life as opposed to text…like self parallel parking

Much of your user experience will be dictated by your preferences and knowing how to customize your car to your liking (voice assistants like Alexa, bmw, Siri and google seemed frivolous at first but learning how to leverage them in the car has become pretty fun…) I’ve also renamed my car to respond to “her” name when I want to summon her like “hey Britney (that’s my x5’s name and my 328 is Beverly) give me driving directions to the nearest Target” or “show me gas prices in the area”
Appreciate 0