BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-22-2019, 04:01 PM   #1
TechCTU
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X5 M60i

Connected Drive Login Help Please!

I just picked up my new 40i today and all went well until we tried to get connected drive and car play and all other services going.

I searched the connected drive posts and can't find my issue. I tried rebooting and I have no place to select the privacy statement listed in the threads.

What we did so far
1. The CA sent the ESA and I confirmed it's correct.
2. I created an account online and downloaded the app on my iphone.
3. I logged onto both online and app and accepted the privacy statement. The car in the app and online shows with a cover over it with no picture. The app on my phone shows the same thing.
4. Going to the car, I go to apps and only BMW assist is listed
5. When setting up a profile it never ask for my email. The CA, Genius not sure what to do, they said it should ask for my email and that's when you select the privacy statement.

Anyone have any suggestions on whats wrong or how to fix?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 04:36 PM   #2
salfeet84
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X7 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechCTU View Post
I just picked up my new 40i today and all went well until we tried to get connected drive and car play and all other services going.

I searched the connected drive posts and can't find my issue. I tried rebooting and I have no place to select the privacy statement listed in the threads.

What we did so far
3. I logged onto both online and app and accepted the privacy statement. The car in the app and online shows with a cover over it with no picture. The app on my phone shows the same thing.
5. When setting up a profile it never ask for my email. The CA, Genius not sure what to do, they said it should ask for my email and that's when you select the privacy statement.

What version software are you on? Try resetting iDrive, and you might wanna give it some time, try deleting connected app as well...
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 04:38 PM   #3
TechCTU
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by salfeet84 View Post
What version software are you on? Try resetting iDrive, and you might wanna give it some time, try deleting connected app as well...
I am on .57. I tried rebooting with the volume button and nothing.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 04:40 PM   #4
salfeet84
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X7 M60i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by salfeet84 View Post
I am on .57. I tried rebooting with the volume button and nothing.
Try deleting and reinstalling connected app on ur phone, and give it 24 hrs or so...
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 04:51 PM   #5
lumpydog
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5

Quote:

What we did so far

Call a BMW Genius and they can get you setup. 844-443-6487

I feel like - BMW makes this so needlessly difficult, make it cost them their time and money to address it. And - they will make sure it works while you are on the phone.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 05:04 PM   #6
TechCTU
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpydog View Post
Call a BMW Genius and they can get you setup. 844-443-6487

I feel like - BMW makes this so needlessly difficult, make it cost them their time and money to address it. And - they will make sure it works while you are on the phone.
I will try them thanks. Am I supposed to get a login in the car? From what screen?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 05:47 PM   #7
lumpydog
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5

Quote:
I will try them thanks. Am I supposed to get a login in the car? From what screen?
Yes - you are. You can try switching profiles. From the home screen, push the iDrive controller up until the "top menu" appears and then use the driver to navigate to the right and select "change profile". Try switching to guest and then logging back into your profile.

The reason - I recommend calling a Genius is that they can review account settings and make sure it's not a problem on their end (it often is).
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 06:12 PM   #8
robby818
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

When you set up your profile in the X5, did you log in with your email address (Connected Drive user name)? IF you did not do that, delete the profile and start over again with a new profile.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 06:29 PM   #9
Hchhuor
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 LX570

Quote:

What we did so far

Quote:

What we did so far

Did you receive email from bmw after CA did ESA?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 06:50 PM   #10
TechCTU
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by robby818 View Post
When you set up your profile in the X5, did you log in with your email address (Connected Drive user name)? IF you did not do that, delete the profile and start over again with a new profile.
I get a screen that says enter profile name. Nothing that says enter email and password. Do i enter the email address with no password as the profile name?

It seems like something in the car is not configured correctly. Does anyone have a screen shot of what it should look like to login from the car?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 06:53 PM   #11
TechCTU
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hchhuor View Post
Did you receive email from bmw after CA did ESA?
I never got an email from them for setup. I did get a password reset request they send me. He setup the original password as a 4 digit password on the ESA. I reset the password and I can see things from the internet and app. Nothing from the car.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 07:00 PM   #12
Hchhuor
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I never got an email from them for setup. I did get a password reset request they send me. He setup the original password as a 4 digit password on the ESA. I reset the password and I can see things from the internet and app. Nothing from the car.
CA probably input your email incorrectly. If the CA did correctly your car should show automatically after sign up through the link from bmw. While I was signing the paper my car show up in bmw connected app as soon as he finished ESA. My wife just sign up,through the link from bmw email.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 12:45 PM   #13
TechCTU
Major
Rep

It seems like the issue is in the car. I only have the BMW assist app and hitting options and update apps does not work.

They have re-submitted my ESA several times and all looks good from BMW assist and genius teams.

Anyone ever have the issue where you just have the BMW Assist app in the car and can't download new apps?

Last edited by TechCTU; 02-23-2019 at 12:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 12:50 PM   #14
Hchhuor
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It seems like the issue is in the car. I only have the BMW assist app and hitting options and update apps does not work.

They have re-submitted my ESA several times and all looks good from BMW assist and genius teams.

Anyone ever have the issue where you just have the BMW Assist app when you got your car?
Use bmw connected app
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 12:54 PM   #15
TechCTU
Major
Rep

Quote:
Use bmw connected app
I would love to, it's not in my car and I can't download any other apps. I only have BMW Assist in the car. Not sure how to get past that. No one seems to have an idea.

I was hoping someone on here might have the answer.

They say it's off to the service department for a brand new car.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 12:57 PM   #16
Hchhuor
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Use bmw connected app
I would love to, it's not in my car and I can't download any other apps. I only have BMW Assist in the car. Not sure how to get past that. No one seems to have an idea.

Quote:
Quote:
Use bmw connected app

You can go connected drive here through this link. There no app. Connected app for mobile phone.

https://connecteddrive.bmwusa.com/cd...n?locale=en_US
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 01:01 PM   #17
TechCTU
Major
Rep

Quote:
You can go connected drive here through this link. There no app. Connected app for mobile phone.

Thanks, I can get there and all looks fine.

What can I do from that link to get apps loaded in my car? For example the SOS button not working, no car play, etc..
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 01:04 PM   #18
Hchhuor
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks, I can get there and all looks fine.

What can I do from that link to get apps loaded in my car? For example the SOS button not working, no car play, etc..
Quote:
Quote:
Use bmw connected app

Are you using android or Apple?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 01:06 PM   #19
Hchhuor
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

BMW Connected by BMW https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bmw-...087277146?mt=8

Here is a link to Apple app. I don't have android
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 01:09 PM   #20
TechCTU
Major
Rep

I found this on youtube, is this the screen that should pop up when you click on create profile? I don't get this screen and I bet that's the issue.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 01:13 PM   #21
Hchhuor
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I found this on youtube, is this the screen that should pop up when you click on create profile? I don't get this screen and I bet that's the issue.
Quote:
Click log in and sign in with your user name and password. From there you can link the key to your driver profile. Same user name can be use to sign in connected drive mobile app.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 01:15 PM   #22
TechCTU
Major
Rep

Quote:
Click log in and sign in with your user name and password. From there you can link the key to your driver profile. Same user name can be use to sign in connected drive mobile app.
I don't get that screen, that's the issue. I just get a screen that says enter profile name.
Appreciate 0