06-14-2012, 02:42 PM   #111
bolinp78
G35 convertee
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigP535I View Post
modding invovles REAL items though
So you want to make sure that other people see where your money has gone (to your car), while others would rather spend it on a hobby where they are likely the only one that even knows that they spent money on it.

You put your money on an item that exists in the real world and is one of the fastest depreciating items you can own, and they put their money on an item that exists in cyberspace for a game that they will inevitably quit, much like you will inevitably sell your car.

So what?
      06-14-2012, 02:54 PM   #112
EmmettBrown
Banned
Rep
Drives: cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90fun View Post
I'm not seeing myself playing this game for much longer, theres just something about it that isnt keeping me addicted..
i agree... sadly, i'm kinda bored of this game already. i mean, i'm still playing it, but it's definitely not as exciting as i thought it would be
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 02:58 PM   #113
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
modding invovles REAL items though
So when I invest in my 401K or buy stock to a dot com website (facebook) I'm not investing in anything "real" either, it's digital. And to take it one step further, the cash money in your wallet holds no "real" value as well. So unless you can physically hold something, it's not real? Not trying to start an argument, you have the right to your opinion. As for spending money? I'm netting much much more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmettBrown View Post
i agree... sadly, i'm kinda bored of this game already. i mean, i'm still playing it, but it's definitely not as exciting as i thought it would be
It's a grind fest just like D2 was, played that for 12 years and it kept my attention for the most part. I quit and would come back, I see myself doing this with Diablo 3 as well. At least we are not running 1 boss (diablo/baal) over and over, taking months to level from 98 to 99. I think once PVP comes out, it will be much more exciting.
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 03:37 PM   #114
BigP535I
Second Lieutenant
Cambodia
Rep
Drives: F10 AW Mtech

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
So you want to make sure that other people see where your money has gone (to your car), while others would rather spend it on a hobby where they are likely the only one that even knows that they spent money on it.

You put your money on an item that exists in the real world and is one of the fastest depreciating items you can own, and they put their money on an item that exists in cyberspace for a game that they will inevitably quit, much like you will inevitably sell your car.

So what?
so nothing, just my opinion, nothing wrong with it. real world item might be depreciating but still has real world value, unless whatever you bought in game can be resold again than it has no value. It wasn't meant to be a negative comment, I play the game too obviously but I wouldn't pay real money for unreal items, I already paid $60 for the game. Just weird to me that even during my WOW days I heard people paying real money for in game gold.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 03:46 PM   #115
bolinp78
G35 convertee
Rep

Quote:
so nothing, just my opinion, nothing wrong with it. real world item might be depreciating but still has real world value, unless whatever you bought in game can be resold again than it has no value. It wasn't meant to be a negative comment, I play the game too obviously but I wouldn't pay real money for unreal items, I already paid $60 for the game. Just weird to me that even during my WOW days I heard people paying real money for in game gold.
I used to play MMORPG's quite a bit, actually made a lot of money on D2, and I think it's a bit weird that people will put up real money for it, too. Just being argumentative.
      06-18-2012, 10:15 AM   #116
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Everyone ready for the big patch? I'm not looking forward to the increased gold repair costs. I finally have Act 4 Inferno on farm and now this I'm also a bit disapointed they are making inferno less difficult, I enjoyed the challenge. Once you get geared, it's not very hard at all....well atleast for ranged. I had a huge profit day yesterday. Made 12 million by selling 1h xbow at 5m, tank ring 5m, and an unid hellion xbow 2m. At the end of the night found some working int/vit BOJ boots, which I decided to keep. Yes, I'm aware of the 1.03 IAS nerf rumors, but knowing blizzard, they will change their minds several times because they listen to all the whiners.
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /

Last edited by Syndicategt; 06-18-2012 at 10:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 12:03 PM   #117
e90fun
('''\(;,,,;)/''')
Rep
Drives: AW 335i e90

Im seriously thinking about picking up my monk and playing him again.

granted ill have to buy back some peices (i sold his weapon, ammy, and rings.. doh.)

I feel as if melee is goin to get buffed to hell soon with this inferno nerf and all the QQ of ranged being too OP, etc etc.

I want to be able to faceroll monsters and not have to worry about getting one shotted on my WD..

Im also sick of trolling with my WD, all my farm spots I use are just cheap antics and I feel with ranged you are just trying to outsmart the AI and glitch them.

I always farm act 3 elites by kiting them to a spot, dying by them, then respawning far away with a gap between us and shoot them from there and tey just glitch up.

sort of like the mephisto moat trick back in the day..

it may be that time..
      06-18-2012, 01:31 PM   #118
Ammonia
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Rerolled a wizard few days ago. Can't be f*cked trying to massively overgear my barb just to barely be able to do act 4. Maybe when 1.03 hits I'll pick him up again, but for now, mr. hairy angry man will sit back and enjoy the scenery while my much less masculine wizard fires lasers from his eyes and obliterates 203948230949823849023 monsters at once.

And my GOD, is it so much fun. Syndicate, I now know why you enjoy playing hahaha man wizards are fun.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #119
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90fun View Post
I always farm act 3 elites by kiting them to a spot, dying by them, then respawning far away with a gap between us and shoot them from there and tey just glitch up.

sort of like the mephisto moat trick back in the day..

it may be that time..
Heh, I did the moat trick all the time....Blizz him down real fast! The spot you are talking about, is it on the steps and you cast down to the level they are at? I think I saw a video on it. Tried it but was too slow. I just run though there, buff up to x5 NV, and kill Azmo, but since they are gonna nerf boss runs.....that's pointless too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammonia View Post
Rerolled a wizard few days ago. Can't be f*cked trying to massively overgear my barb just to barely be able to do act 4. Maybe when 1.03 hits I'll pick him up again, but for now, mr. hairy angry man will sit back and enjoy the scenery while my much less masculine wizard fires lasers from his eyes and obliterates 203948230949823849023 monsters at once.

And my GOD, is it so much fun. Syndicate, I now know why you enjoy playing hahaha man wizards are fun.
Yea Wizards are so much fun! I've played all the ranged DPS and still find the Wiz to be the most fun to play. DH is fun too, but I find the DH to be squishier. Once you play them all, you quickly realize all their skills are very similar, just different graphics.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 07:37 PM   #120
markham335i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

haaaa funny story.. but kinda sad at the same time

my friends(barb and dh) and i(barb) hit level 60 yesterday at like 2am and beat hell diablo(hardcore)... didnt die once obviously which we were proud of.. today one of those friends (the barb) and i were doing gob farming in act1 inferno... he forgot to switch out of his magicfind set and ran into a mod killing him in 2 hits LOL fuckk such a waste.. wish i recorded the skype call he was raging so hard
Upgrades: <Cobb V3, DCI, BMS downpipes, ER charge pipe, Forge DV, bbs ch-r, 30%tint all around, bmw performance exhaust, umnitza V4 angel eyes>.....Next upgrades (I would like):intercooler, BBK, turbo upgrade....etc....
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 12:58 PM   #121
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Gotta love HC! I can't wait to start it. Now only if Dan@UnitedBMW would finish building his computer
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 03:19 PM   #122
Regorium
Registered
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by markham335i View Post
haaaa funny story.. but kinda sad at the same time

my friends(barb and dh) and i(barb) hit level 60 yesterday at like 2am and beat hell diablo(hardcore)... didnt die once obviously which we were proud of.. today one of those friends (the barb) and i were doing gob farming in act1 inferno... he forgot to switch out of his magicfind set and ran into a mod killing him in 2 hits LOL fuckk such a waste.. wish i recorded the skype call he was raging so hard
Wow that's terrible =/

Ugh, I'm only lvl 34 in hardcore (nightmare A1) and I'm already stressed out beyond belief. Can't imagine lvl 60's and inferno.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 12:55 AM   #123
ducman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I still haven't build my pc yet. You guys bored with the game yet? Seem like everyone beat it with all the different character classes. Is the story that short? Do you think there will be an expansion set?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 09:06 AM   #124
bolinp78
G35 convertee
Rep

I bought it, and although I'm only level 40 on one character so far, and still having fun, I think my predictions about what the AH would do to the game are going to hold true.

I hate to rain on anyone's feel-good parade, but bottom line is the challenge and mystery of finding drops that advance your character and keep you coming back for more is gone.

It is now all about farming gold so that you can go to the auction house and pick and choose items to upgrade your character with. I personally enjoy this in general, but it definitely takes some immersion and fun out of the game. And as for the people that do not like auction houses, this could be a game breaker.

The chance of getting a very good rare drop that is going to advance your character has proven to be so minuscule that it only took me about 25 levels to realize that if I wanted to advance at a steady rate I had to go into the AH and find some gear (being that success is so heavily gear-dependent).

As I just mentioned, success is so heavily gear dependent (which I have no problem with), and when I can just go farm some gold and find a helm selling for 20,000 that increases my life by 600 and my damage by 200, where's the fun in that? (For most players.. As I said before, I am mixed on the AH. It's fun for me to look for deals and sell stuff, but it also takes something out of the game for me).

I have noticed that most of the time, gear that drops in a given act is more appropriate for a character that is currently in the act or two before. I think this, combined with the low percentage of high quality yellow drops drives people to the auction house (which, of course Blizzard has intended all along so they can get a piece of the gold-farmers pie). They made very good rare drops much harder to find, knowing that with thousands upon thousands of people playing the game, there will still be a large market for great rare drops, but they will not FLOOD the market. Therefore, everyone is going to basically be forced to visit the AH at some point because you just are not going to find upgrades to all of your slots by simply adventuring. I believe this was Blizzard's intent the whole time. Everyone has been complaining about the quality and frequency of great rare drops.. Well, there's a reason that an A+ rare drop is infrequent, and Blizzard knows it.

Overall, fun game but I think the auction house is going to kill it's long-run success. People are not going to feel as immersed. Medieval Ebay..

Last edited by bolinp78; 06-20-2012 at 09:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 12:08 PM   #125
Ammonia
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
I bought it, and although I'm only level 40 on one character so far, and still having fun, I think my predictions about what the AH would do to the game are going to hold true.

I hate to rain on anyone's feel-good parade, but bottom line is the challenge and mystery of finding drops that advance your character and keep you coming back for more is gone.

It is now all about farming gold so that you can go to the auction house and pick and choose items to upgrade your character with. I personally enjoy this in general, but it definitely takes some immersion and fun out of the game. And as for the people that do not like auction houses, this could be a game breaker.

The chance of getting a very good rare drop that is going to advance your character has proven to be so minuscule that it only took me about 25 levels to realize that if I wanted to advance at a steady rate I had to go into the AH and find some gear (being that success is so heavily gear-dependent).

As I just mentioned, success is so heavily gear dependent (which I have no problem with), and when I can just go farm some gold and find a helm selling for 20,000 that increases my life by 600 and my damage by 200, where's the fun in that? (For most players.. As I said before, I am mixed on the AH. It's fun for me to look for deals and sell stuff, but it also takes something out of the game for me).

I have noticed that most of the time, gear that drops in a given act is more appropriate for a character that is currently in the act or two before. I think this, combined with the low percentage of high quality yellow drops drives people to the auction house (which, of course Blizzard has intended all along so they can get a piece of the gold-farmers pie). They made very good rare drops much harder to find, knowing that with thousands upon thousands of people playing the game, there will still be a large market for great rare drops, but they will not FLOOD the market. Therefore, everyone is going to basically be forced to visit the AH at some point because you just are not going to find upgrades to all of your slots by simply adventuring. I believe this was Blizzard's intent the whole time. Everyone has been complaining about the quality and frequency of great rare drops.. Well, there's a reason that an A+ rare drop is infrequent, and Blizzard knows it.

Overall, fun game but I think the auction house is going to kill it's long-run success. People are not going to feel as immersed. Medieval Ebay..

They've buffed drop rates tremendously, and now its possible to get ilvl 63 gear (I.E, gear that used to only drop in Act 3/4) drops in ACT 1. So gear is going to be more accessible now. Just wish they'd stop nerfing things though.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 04:30 PM   #126
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Quote:
They've buffed drop rates tremendously, and now its possible to get ilvl 63 gear (I.E, gear that used to only drop in Act 3/4) drops in ACT 1. So gear is going to be more accessible now. Just wish they'd stop nerfing things though.
Did they just do this in the latest release?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 08:29 PM   #127
Ammonia
Captain
United_States
Rep

Yea, this last Tuesday they released 1.03 which had that change
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 09:28 AM   #128
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Well I am now lvl 60 on my DH and into Act I of Inferno. Haven't played in it much though, since I just hit there last night. It was nice seeing my numbers soar when I hit 60 and put on some of the lvl 60 gear I invested in before the RMAH went live. I think my HP is way too high for a DH, I'm at 40k HP... I see most DH's are running Act3/4 being glass cannons and just maxing DPS as high as they can while just trying to kill things from far away before they get in range. Probably something I can change

30k DPS, not very good, but a lot better than what I was trying to solo hell with (all I will say is that it was under 10k, lol).
      06-22-2012, 12:07 PM   #129
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducman View Post
I still haven't build my pc yet. You guys bored with the game yet? Seem like everyone beat it with all the different character classes. Is the story that short? Do you think there will be an expansion set?
The story itself is roughly 15-20 hours of game play, for your first playthough, which is in line of all the Diablo games. The game is not about indepth characters/story telling, it's about killing shit and finding "lewt". If you got bored with Diablo 2 after beating all difficulties, then you will probably be bored with this. However, if chasing loot, while building an unstoppable character, and playing all the characters is your cup of tea, then this game is right up your alley. I have 2 level 60's, my Wizard beat Inferno Diablo and getting to that point wasn't quick nor easy, I felt a huge sense of accomplishment because it was that difficult. I still play him everyday farming and hunting for better gear. I'm trying to gear out my 60 Demon Hunter and will be finishing off my lvl 40 Witch Doctor soon. Again, it depends on what type of games you like. If long, well written, and in depth RPG's are what you like, then you might not like D2 and get bored. If you enjoy the thrill of hunting for gear and trying out different builds and characters, then you will ennjoy D2 over and over. Even newer games like Skyrim and Dragon Age, I didn't feel a sense of accomplishment when "beating" the game, yet alone small bosses. Diablo 3 gets very difficult, unlike Skyrim, and has the chance of rewarding you for your efforts.

Hope that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
30k DPS, not very good, but a lot better than what I was trying to solo hell with (all I will say is that it was under 10k, lol).
Just get a better weapon (1000 dmg bow+) and use Sharpshooter and Archery. Your DPS will spike when SS is up. As you saw my level 46 Demon Hunter the other night doing over 50K dps and taking down Hell bosses in seconds No need for resistance and defense when your Damage is incredibly high, as well as dexterity, which increases your dodge.

Quote:
Screw the drop rates, I want my damage back!!!! My Wiz took a 30,000 dps loss (80K down to 50K). He was easily farming act 3 and 4 Inferno. Now I'm spending millions again trying to get new gear to adjust and back to struggling farming act 2.

Last edited by Syndicategt; 06-22-2012 at 12:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 12:27 PM   #130
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicategt View Post
Just get a better weapon (1000 dmg bow+) and use Sharpshooter and Archery. Your DPS will spike when SS is up. As you saw my level 46 Demon Hunter the other night doing over 50K dps and taking down Hell bosses in seconds No need for resistance and defense when your Damage is incredibly high, as well as dexterity, which increases your dodge.
You suggest a bow or 2h xbow? I've read that the 2h xbows are the bomb for DPS, even though they are slower.
      06-24-2012, 06:14 PM   #131
markham335i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
You suggest a bow or 2h xbow? I've read that the 2h xbows are the bomb for DPS, even though they are slower.
Go with the 2h xbox u won't need the attack speed because at higher levels and inferno.. Ull be kitting so much that u won't get the proper use of attack speed.. Ull be running away and stutter stepping so stack crit hit damage and chance
Upgrades: <Cobb V3, DCI, BMS downpipes, ER charge pipe, Forge DV, bbs ch-r, 30%tint all around, bmw performance exhaust, umnitza V4 angel eyes>.....Next upgrades (I would like):intercooler, BBK, turbo upgrade....etc....
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2012, 08:01 AM   #132
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by markham335i View Post
Go with the 2h xbox u won't need the attack speed because at higher levels and inferno.. Ull be kitting so much that u won't get the proper use of attack speed.. Ull be running away and stutter stepping so stack crit hit damage and chance
That's what I did I sold off a bunch of items I found and invested a little bit of real money for a decent 2h xbow. The difference is like crazy. Sure, I have to run away when I come up on a champion/elite pack unless I get the jump on them from far away, lol, but it's not too bad. I've had some nice crits