10-14-2020, 03:58 AM   #287
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
If anyone's playing a cheating card that gets passed it's Merc for sure.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 04:40 AM   #288
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
A re-badge HONDA PU will be 100% FIA legal ...
But the Merc's Party-Mode and the Ferrari Jet-Mode was 100% messy cheating !
Probably you think that was good for the sport ?

By this the whole 2019 WDC ranking was a joke with false numbers !
Approved by the FIA !!!
mate i didnt say anything concerning your question.. party mode is not cheating.. not all 1.6L engines on traffic have the same performance.. power, rev band power levels, fuel consumption etc is not the same.. very simple terms some can stand/create higher boosts in safe levels.. you know all this.. as long as parameters like fuel flow, oil consumption etc. is in the regulations.. its just better efficiency.. Ferrari's case is totally different.. FIA hide the reason.. even if they re not it creates suspicion.. and more likely there were some tricks just not disclosed for F1 and Ferrari's fame probably..

Red Bull engine and Red Bull staying in F1 is the good thing for the sport.. Red Bull was in a political fight a bit like Merc' is cheating and stuff even if there is nothing to prove they re cheating or something.. water is calmer now but that made a tension between Merc' and Red Bull.. next year there ll be 4 teams with Merc' engine + Renault is like a badly ended marriage with Red Bull.. its like half of the teams can say no if they want and they have their own reasons.. but they wont say no cause it wont be good for anyone in long term..
      10-14-2020, 04:49 AM   #289
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post

I did actually, just to hear ALB in a braking voice complain that "They are racing me SO hard." My wife looked up and asked: "What did he just say? It's literally his f&^% job!!"

So who do you think will be replacing ALB next?
Albon's radiator was hit by a rock . Radiator was damaged and he got PU overheating by the lack of cooling .
To save his HONDA PU , Albon had to retire ...

Replacing Albon won't be easy . 52% percent of the Red-Bull shares are Thai !
Albon's situation at Red-Bull is actually a political and financial situation .

One name to replace Albon ? (next season if it's possible) is NICO

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick58881.00
MKSixer34171.50
      10-14-2020, 04:58 AM   #290
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
mate i didnt say anything concerning your question.. party mode is not cheating.. not all 1.6L engines on traffic have the same performance.. power, rev band power levels, fuel consumption etc is not the same.. very simple terms some can stand/create higher boosts in safe levels.. you know all this.. as long as parameters like fuel flow, oil consumption etc. is in the regulations.. its just better efficiency.. Ferrari's case is totally different.. FIA hide the reason.. even if they re not it creates suspicion.. and more likely there were some tricks just not disclosed for F1 and Ferrari's fame probably..

Red Bull engine and Red Bull staying in F1 is the good thing for the sport.. Red Bull was in a political fight a bit like Merc' is cheating and stuff even if there is nothing to prove they re cheating or something.. water is calmer now but that made a tension between Merc' and Red Bull.. next year there ll be 4 teams with Merc' engine + Renault is like a badly ended marriage with Red Bull.. its like half of the teams can say no if they want and they have their own reasons.. but they wont say no cause it wont be good for anyone in long term..
Mate look in my post above in #288 : I was talking about the smart "GREY ZONE" !
It's there ! There in that grey zone were all the messy cheating happens !

As you know the FIA = Financial speculation .
The FIA s@cks mate . Someone should ban the FIA !
Meanwhile the FIA is 100% responsible for the boring races of the last 6 seasons !

Jean Todt ! Give me a break !!!

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58881.00
      10-14-2020, 05:00 AM   #291
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Straight from the Schumacher playbook....The Verstappens will insist on any Albon replacement not being too quick.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      10-14-2020, 05:02 AM   #292
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
If anyone's playing a cheating card that gets passed it's Merc for sure.
My friend spot on ! I couldn't agree more !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58881.00
      10-14-2020, 05:03 AM   #293
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Yes I read that Hulk is an option and he drives well after a lay off.
Exactly my friend

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58881.00
      10-14-2020, 05:04 AM   #294
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
150+hp doesn't come from a split turbo,DAS passed and tyre cooling passed so as you read already Todt has black colour under pants as well as red
Appreciate 1
      10-14-2020, 05:21 AM   #295
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
150+hp doesn't come from a split turbo,DAS passed and tyre cooling passed so as you read already Todt has black colour under pants as well as red
So you really think that Merc has 150 extra BHP....seriously?...if so then I want some of whatever you are smoking.
Everyone is free to add DAS their cars and copy whatever tyre cooling system Merc is using.
If its allowed in the regs then its legal.
Having a better (built to the regulations) engine than your competitors isn't cheating.
Now Red Bull designing and using flexible front and rear wings...that was against the regulations and was cheating.

Spot the difference...cheating is when you deliberately break the rules to gain an advantage.
Being better at building an engine within the regulations isn't cheating.
Appreciate 2
5.M0NSTER3353.50
MKSixer34171.50
      10-14-2020, 05:33 AM   #296
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Got to fix a leaking roof now, wish it was as easy as winning a race for Merc with the eyes shut
Appreciate 1
      10-14-2020, 06:47 AM   #297
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:

Replacing Albon won't be easy . 52% percent of the Red-Bull shares are Thai !
Albon's situation at Red-Bull is actually a political and financial situation .

One name to replace Albon ? (next season if it's possible) is NICO
It would be great to see Nico back again, in something better than a Renault. I think he deserves another shot.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE. Because race car!

"Redline a day keeps the mechanics away"
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 07:13 AM   #298
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
So you really think that Merc has 150 extra BHP....seriously?...if so then I want some of whatever you are smoking.
Everyone is free to add DAS their cars and copy whatever tyre cooling system Merc is using.
Having a better (built to the regulations) engine than your competitors isn't cheating.
Now Red Bull designing and using flexible front and rear wings...that was against the regulations and was cheating.

Spot the difference...cheating is when you deliberately break the rules to gain an advantage.
Careful now, you're using logical deduction. Perhaps if you find links showing what others think.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE. Because race car!

"Redline a day keeps the mechanics away"
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      10-14-2020, 08:48 AM   #299
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalAcacian View Post
I have to disagree with you there, the million dollar question is: Gentlemen, a short view back to the past. Thirty years ago, Niki Lauda told us ‘take a monkey, place him into the cockpit and he is able to drive the car.’ Thirty years later, Sebastian told us ‘I had to start my car like a computer, it’s very complicated.’ And Nico Rosberg said that during the race – I don’t remember what race - he pressed the wrong button on the wheel. Question for you both: is Formula One driving today too complicated with twenty and more buttons on the wheel, are you too much under effort, under pressure? What are your wishes for the future concerning the technical programme during the race? Less buttons, more? Or less and more communication with your engineers?

Jokes aside, I'm hoping that Red Bull buying out the Honda engine IP means that they can start to compete with Mercedes, but I'm not hopeful.

I wish they would just bring the new engine formula up to 2022 instead of 2026. The lack of competition at the front is getting old.
Can you repeat the question, please?
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
      10-14-2020, 09:00 AM   #300
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:

I find the speculation about Mercedes cheating to be hilarious. Looking at the demographic of Mercedes owners, the risk averse nature of the board, and the downside risk to the brand that may result from cheating, ANYONE who has a modicum of the knowledge of corporate governance would know that it won't happen.

Now let's look at the demographic of a Red Bull customer and their target audience: Red Bull target customer segment represent busy individuals who are overly active in their personal and professional lives and who have are fascinated by extreme sports. Red Bull can, has, and will tolerate cheating. It may actually enhance the brand.

Cheers-mk
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
yco5722.50
      10-14-2020, 09:18 AM   #301
FuzzyPeaches
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Since we're leaving stuff here....

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/64680...-the-w11-.html

"Honda is closest to Mercedes when it comes to pure power. The engine manufacturer is 28 HP behind. Renault now lags 37 HP, while Ferrari has 42 less HP to use than Mercedes."
Appreciate 1
      10-14-2020, 09:47 AM   #302
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

I'm surprised the FIA hasn't spotted that Mercedes are running a 5 ltr V8.
Appreciate 2
5.M0NSTER3353.50
MKSixer34171.50
      10-14-2020, 10:01 AM   #303
CalAcacian
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Straight from the Schumacher playbook....The Verstappens will insist on any Albon replacement not being too quick.
Strongly disagree on that. Max is being actively hurt by the fact that he doesn't have a competent teammate. Especially because they are down on pace to the Mercedes, Redbull needs two fast drivers to be able to apply pressure to the Mercs and run under/overcuts.

A Hulk or Perez at RB next year would only help Max.
Appreciate 1
      10-14-2020, 11:25 AM   #304
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Strongly disagree on that. Max is being actively hurt by the fact that he doesn't have a competent teammate. Especially because they are down on pace to the Mercedes, Redbull needs two fast drivers to be able to apply pressure to the Mercs and run under/overcuts.
One of the key reasons that Schumacher had such a high race/win ratio was insisting on being the absolute number one driver and having a subservient less competent team mate.

Both Verstappens know the benefit of this strategy....a team that has two drivers with similar levels of performance will see the wins shared between drivers and the chance of a DWC greatly reduced....2007 was a perfect example and Alonso was correct in telling Ron Dennis that by not making him their number 1 driver was going to cost McLaren the DWC.

But more important for Max Verstappen at RB is that having a weak team mate improves his reputation as one of the top drivers (while his slower team mate struggles in the *same* car).
Verstappen can't afford to be beaten again as he was by Ricciardo in their ~ two years together.

Last edited by SenorFunkyPants; 10-14-2020 at 11:39 AM..
Appreciate 1
5.M0NSTER3353.50
      10-14-2020, 11:46 AM   #305
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Quote:
Mate look in my post above in #288 : I was talking about the smart "GREY ZONE" !
It's there ! There in that grey zone were all the messy cheating happens !

As you know the FIA = Financial speculation .
The FIA s@cks mate . Someone should ban the FIA !
Meanwhile the FIA is 100% responsible for the boring races of the last 6 seasons !

Jean Todt ! Give me a break !!!
well its a tradition mate... Ferrari is like a favorite kid in the family.. i do respect their history its great.. but even history of FIA has such things like this.. and probably more to come..

but Merc' is not cheating.. they re being inspected much much more now cause other teams putting a lot of pressure on FIA.. i love the team itself.. but tagging a team as a cheater is just execution without due process.. but Ferraris case is another level.. i agree it doesnt smell good..

Quote:

and i have to disagree with you.. driving good under pressure all those things aside not even commenting on that part.. Red Bull use Albon as a test pilot as well.. its clearly known now..

on Friday at German GP, Albon had a different chassis cause Red Bull is on a new suspension design that needs a different chassis.. who would try that Albon.. instead of doing high fuel runs, setup changes, quali sims Albon was about to try the unknown new chassis.. he could be faster but at the same not.. this year Albon's car wasnt even the same with Max at most of the races source Helmut Marko.. there is a limit that driver can cover for the car.. Max said few days ago, they re trying to soften the car a bit.. rear and front wise.. this years car as known as has nervous back end.. when drivability starts to go down by such things each time you push you have to take more risk.. this cars setup is good for late braking diving cause it was understeering less i believe thats the strongest part..
but if you remember Max was telling on radio car keeps understeering at German GP.. Red Bull is changing its characteristic of the car a bit.. but from your approach to Albon he is not in fair game.. yet..

and yes covering for Max could be nice some time to time but being the absolute #1 in the team is not that bad for Max at all.. team is around him for constructors point of view Red Bulls clear target was being number 2 again.. in my humble point of view.. when Red Bull gets faster, you cant sacrifice only one driver for parts to gather data.. it needs to be split between 2 for not losing points in total.. and Albon got his new engineer just few races ago.. Albon is a promising driver but his conditions is not ideal.. he might not performing %100 but at least %30-40 of his low performance is coming from he is being used as a test driver for Max.. i guess its better to judge him a bit more fairly in that case..

Quote:
One of the key reasons that Schumacher had such a high race/win ratio was insisting on being the absolute number one driver and having a subservient less competent team mate.

Both Verstappens know the benefit of this strategy....a team that has two drivers with similar levels of performance will see the wins shared between drivers and the chance of a DWC greatly reduced....2007 was a perfect example and Alonso was correct in telling Ron Dennis that by not making him their number 1 driver was going to cost McLaren the DWC.

But more important for Max Verstappen at RB is that having a weak team mate improves his reputation as one of the top drivers (while his slower team mate struggles in the *same* car).
Verstappen can't afford to be beaten again as he was by Ricciardo in their ~ two years together.
i agree with other part except Alonso's will cause they just lost it 1 point.. did they lost it yes but at some point if Alonso would a bit more fair to like in Hungary race they might win it.. and one more thing Albon's car is really not the same with Max Red Bull stated that as i ve mentioned above..
      10-14-2020, 12:27 PM   #306
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post

i agree with other part except Alonso's will cause they just lost it 1 point.. did they lost it yes but at some point if Alonso would a bit more fair to like in Hungary race they might win it..
It has been stated that Alonso joined McLaren on the understanding that he would be their #1 driver.
If Hamilton had been told by McLaren to let Alonso by every time he was ahead in a race then Alonso/McLaren would have walked the 2007 DWC.
Or vice versa if Alonso had moved over for Hamilton in the same way then he would have won the DWC easily before Brazil.
There is quite a strong case for having a strict #1 driver and #2 driver hierarchy in an F1 team.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 12:39 PM   #307
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPeaches View Post
Since we're leaving stuff here....

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/64680...-the-w11-.html

"Honda is closest to Mercedes when it comes to pure power. The engine manufacturer is 28 HP behind. Renault now lags 37 HP, while Ferrari has 42 less HP to use than Mercedes."
Oh boy...objective realities and facts!!!! This won't go well. Not well, at all!!
Appreciate 2
      10-14-2020, 02:20 PM   #308
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
I'm surprised the FIA hasn't spotted that Mercedes are running a 5 ltr V8.
Don't be silly. They are running a smaller prototype version of the engine in the diagram, below...named after Dr. Z, former chairman at Mercedes. He gave the go-ahead to develop this technology in advance of the 2014 regulations. It will sunset once the 2026 regulations take effect and the technology will be transferred to NASA for space exploration.

Cheers-mk
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Steeler2422.00
5.M0NSTER3353.50