BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-01-2024, 05:28 PM   #133
otommytruongo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 g05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
I siliconed around the entire perimeter including the hole i saw under the reverse light. Its not a thick bead do didn't interfere with the install at all. Make sure you get black silicone or you might be able to see it from certain angles.
Thsnk you, did you smooth it out the beads? Thanks. And u said add washer for outter light? How thick of washer should i get?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2024, 07:43 AM   #134
boneca
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by otommytruongo View Post
Have you notice any water condenseation in your light Boneca??
I haven't noticed water condensation, we had some rain and snow and drastic changes in temperature.

Maybe I haven't seen it yet as most of lights OEM/Non OEM I had always had some at some point.

I'll update if I'll notice something
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2024, 09:47 AM   #135
Installsplus
Ultimate Driving Machine E92ESS625 M3/G05 X5 Msport 40i Individual
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 DCT/ESS 625 kit

Garage List
I think it’s the car wash that’s causing the condensation for me.. That’s what you get boys made in China. Seller is a complete dick saying it’s normal. Lol
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2024, 07:40 PM   #136
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

I didn’t add a washer to mine but I’d imagine a 2-3mm would be enough. Looking at it without a washer it looks fine too it’s just slightly recessed compared to OEM. I did smooth out the silicone just to make sure there wasn’t any bubbles or holes. I also only did the outer lights. Got lazy. If you do the inner lights you have to make sure you do it smooth cause there a slight gap where you could potentially see the silicone after install.

I pressure washed my car and drove an hour in complete downpour before. Didn’t see any water inside but will report back when I get home.

My only complaint is when you lock the car and the lights power down the inner lights blink differently for a split second. Overall I do like the look of the LCI tails. Makes the car looks wider and more modern. Saved me 50K by not getting a LCI X5m because the rear lights were the only improvement. 😂

Last edited by Alan l.; 03-02-2024 at 07:48 PM..
Appreciate 1
      03-02-2024, 09:48 PM   #137
otommytruongo
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I didn’t add a washer to mine but I’d imagine a 2-3mm would be enough. Looking at it without a washer it looks fine too it’s just slightly recessed compared to OEM. I did smooth out the silicone just to make sure there wasn’t any bubbles or holes. I also only did the outer lights. Got lazy. If you do the inner lights you have to make sure you do it smooth cause there a slight gap where you could potentially see the silicone after install.

I pressure washed my car and drove an hour in complete downpour before. Didn’t see any water inside but will report back when I get home.

My only complaint is when you lock the car and the lights power down the inner lights blink differently for a split second. Overall I do like the look of the LCI tails. Makes the car looks wider and more modern. Saved me 50K by not getting a LCI X5m because the rear lights were the only improvement. 😂
Thanks for reply, yes i also feel that the LCI only improves on the tail light haha. So atleast we know our body style will be good for anpther 3 years
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 07:48 AM   #138
Alan l.
Major General
Rep

So far drove the car in heavy heavy rain and didn't see any signs of condensation. Hopefully they stay this way because i've come to really like the LCI lights and couldn't see myself going back if these fail.
      03-04-2024, 11:17 AM   #139
Installsplus
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Finally got through to the seller and he’s sending me the right side, body tail I must have gotten faulty ones. Left side is also starting to condensate so I’m trying to get both sides, covered under warranty and see what happens.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 02:25 PM   #140
otommytruongo
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Installsplus View Post
Finally got through to the seller and he’s sending me the right side, body tail I must have gotten faulty ones. Left side is also starting to condensate so I’m trying to get both sides, covered under warranty and see what happens.
is this the AKD brand one that you got?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 02:27 PM   #141
Installsplus
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
is this the AKD brand one that you got?
Yes it is.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 04:31 PM   #142
Installsplus
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
oh crap. This was what i was afraid of.

I also thought about getting some black silicone and applying it all over the back side.
Hey Alan do you have pics on where you siliconed the outer tail lights?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 05:13 PM   #143
Alan l.
Major General
Rep

No pics but pretty much alone the entire edge of the lights has a silicone bead on it. One of mine had a hole under the backup light which I sealed with silicone.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 05:43 PM   #144
Installsplus
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
No pics but pretty much alone the entire edge of the lights has a silicone bead on it. One of mine had a hole under the backup light which I sealed with silicone.
OK great thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2024, 11:31 PM   #145
lucreative
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 BMW X5 xDrive45e

Anyone having trouble with their order from Aokeding Official store on Aliexpress? It's my first time ordering from Aliexpress and I know why eBay and Amazon are much more reputable. I followed the link Boneca sent, placed my order over 2 weeks ago after asking the seller some questions. And it still hasn't been shipped out, even though it had a guarantee arrival date that past 2 days ago. Now the seller isn't even responding to my messages regarding order status or shipping.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2024, 07:06 AM   #146
boneca
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucreative View Post
Anyone having trouble with their order from Aokeding Official store on Aliexpress? It's my first time ordering from Aliexpress and I know why eBay and Amazon are much more reputable. I followed the link Boneca sent, placed my order over 2 weeks ago after asking the seller some questions. And it still hasn't been shipped out, even though it had a guarantee arrival date that past 2 days ago. Now the seller isn't even responding to my messages regarding order status or shipping.
Let's see if I can share some experience here:

First I wouldn't blame AliExpress but I understand you having issue with first ever order, I'm ordering from AliExpress for years with about 97% of success, it takes longer to get but items are cheaper not to mention they sale many items you can't find anywhere else.
In my experience for more expensive items or in other cases when you willing to pay for extra shipping it comes quickly.

Now for this store:
As I mentioned somewhere at the beginning I had the same experience with this shop back in August of last year, I purchased lights and they wouldn't ship it for couple of weeks and seller also didn't respond after few messages. There is a set time within order to ship and unless you extend it, you will get full refund.
At the time no one had these lights and I honestly thought they didn't have a product for Pre LCI at all.

As turned out they didn't have stock at the time!

Back to February this year when I saw someone mentioned having these lights installed I decided to check with this guy again and he said it was in stock and ready for ship. It was just before the Chinese New Year and I thought I will order after (in about 2 weeks) for that guy told me he can send it to me next day!
I wasn't too convinced but price was very good and I also had about $100 in AliExpress coupons so I pulled the trigger. 4 days later lights were at my home!

All above is pretty much to tell you they are not liars and most likely they simply ran out of stock, its a factory so I'm not exactly sure how they did but I'm not familiar with their logistics.
I would simply ask and don't loose hope.
I'm sure you'll get them but unfortunately with little delay.

Hope this was helpful!
Appreciate 1
      03-08-2024, 08:44 AM   #147
otommytruongo
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneca View Post

First I wouldn't blame AliExpress but I understand you having issue with first ever order, I'm ordering from AliExpress for years with about 97% of success, it takes longer to get but items are cheaper not to mention they sale many items you can't find anywhere else.
In my experience for more expensive items or in other cases when you willing to pay for extra shipping it comes quickly.

Now for this store:
As I mentioned somewhere at the beginning I had the same experience with this shop back in August of last year, I purchased lights and they wouldn't ship it for couple of weeks and seller also didn't respond after few messages. There is a set time within order to ship and unless you extend it, you will get full refund.
At the time no one had these lights and I honestly thought they didn't have a product for Pre LCI at all.

Back to February this year when I saw someone mentioned having these lights installed I decided to check with this guy again and he said it was in stock and ready for ship. It was just before the Chinese New Year and I thought I will order after (in about 2 weeks) for that guy told me he can send it to me next day!
I wasn't too convinced but price was very good and I also had about $100 in AliExpress coupons so I pulled the trigger. 4 days later lights were at my home!

All above is pretty much to tell you they are not liars and most likely they simply ran out of stock, its a factory so I'm not exactly sure how they did but I'm not familiar with their logistics.

Hope this was helpful!
Dont rely on the tracking either. Its not ups or fedex, some of my items say it cleared custom ready for next step. And no update for a week n suddenly its in my mail box. The LCI from AKD showed up at my door 12 days after ordered via fedex. Even though there no tracking provided.
Appreciate 1
      03-08-2024, 09:44 AM   #148
lucreative
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 BMW X5 xDrive45e

Quote:

Now for this store:

Hope this was helpful!
Thank you for sharing your experience. I hope this is the case. You gave Aokeding some great advertising with the detailed experience you had installing your AKD taillights and they probably got a flurry of orders they had to fulfill. The frustrating thing is not hearing from the seller for a few days now and no updated tracking number even though they said shipped out. Just excited to install these on my X5 and now have to play the unknown waiting game. Hope the AKDs are still working well for you!
Appreciate 1
boneca2024.50
      03-09-2024, 05:19 PM   #149
ultragamma
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucreative View Post
Thank you for sharing your experience. I hope this is the case. You gave Aokeding some great advertising with the detailed experience you had installing your AKD taillights and they probably got a flurry of orders they had to fulfill. The frustrating thing is not hearing from the seller for a few days now and no updated tracking number even though they said shipped out. Just excited to install these on my X5 and now have to play the unknown waiting game. Hope the AKDs are still working well for you!
Mine took 10 days before they actually shipped. But they used FedEx shipping so got to my door in 4 days. So expect two weeks shipping time.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2024, 09:57 PM   #150
otommytruongo
Private First Class
Rep

Anyone having fitment issue? My passenger side body panel light does not fit right. There a half an inch gap between the body panel light and the trunk light. Hmmm.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2024, 06:54 AM   #151
boneca
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Anyone having fitment issue? My passenger side body panel light does not fit right. There a half an inch gap between the body panel light and the trunk light. Hmmm.
If you go through this thread you'll see that few had the same issue with fitment on one of the sides.
My understanding they ended up replacing their lights (in some cases returning and ordering from different store/place).
I'm not sure where you ordered yours but check.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2024, 09:13 AM   #152
otommytruongo
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
If you go through this thread you'll see that few had the same issue with fitment on one of the sides.
My understanding they ended up replacing their lights (in some cases returning and ordering from different store/place).
I'm not sure where you ordered yours but check.
I ordered it from the link you provided =). yea I'll check with them
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2024, 12:20 PM   #153
ultragamma
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW x5

Quote:
I ordered it from the link you provided =). yea I'll check with them
I would suggest you loosen the inside but and play around with the fitment. I had initial issue with the fitment where the end protrude out from the trunk on the right outer light. I loosen the inner nut and played around with the fitment then I tighten the 2 exposed bolts to lock it down before I tighten the inner nut.

I think someone also mentioned put a washer as a spacer on the passenger side outer light.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2024, 02:52 PM   #154
otommytruongo
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultragamma View Post
I would suggest you loosen the inside but and play around with the fitment. I had initial issue with the fitment where the end protrude out from the trunk on the right outer light. I loosen the inner nut and played around with the fitment then I tighten the 2 exposed bolts to lock it down before I tighten the inner nut.

I think someone also mentioned put a washer as a spacer on the passenger side outer light.
Thank you for input, I will play around and see.
Appreciate 0