BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-13-2024, 09:34 AM   #1
Reborn_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4MC

Used Market - Need Help

I need some basic help. I'm in the market for a used G05, likely of the 40i variant for price reasons. I have only bought a new(er) car once, and it was my wife's CPO MB which was fortunately fully optioned and easy to buy as a result (plus she wasn't picky). I am really struggling to understand the different options and combos available so I can decide what my must-have's and nice-to-have's are. My own cars are old and options were minimal, so it was much easier to understand the landscape.

I think what I'm trying to better understand is "if you get X, it always comes with Y" or "Y is unavailable if you get X" - things of that nature. If there is a master list of everything in an easy to read fashion, that would be helpful too.

From my research, I MUST have:
  • M Sport (M Sport Pro is nice to have, but I don't think that exists on the older MYs?)
  • Premium Package (Executive is Nice to have)
  • Parking Assistance Package
  • Climate Comfort package (or heated seats optioned in - that's my true must have)
  • Extended Merino Leather (does this come 'standard' with one of the packages I'm looking at? And I can see color options change with this vs. sensafin)

Convenience package? I just want remote keys - i suspect this is included in the premium package or even standard?

I don't really care about 4/2 wheel drive, so I'm open to either. Ideally I want blue exterior and tartuffo/cognac interior but I realize that is rare and possibly unavailable with things like leather or m sport, so I'm somewhat negotiable on my colors - just no black exterior and no black interior. I haven't looked at the various trims but I'm not going to be picky there as I don't want to search forever.

It's probably pretty clear I'm struggling. I did some searching here, and 'built' my own on bmwusa but I'm still super confused. Just looking for some comments or input that can help clear up what I find to be overwhelming! Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2024, 08:27 PM   #2
Gladiator1972
Private
Rep
Drives: Looking for 2024 X5 x40i

Why do you need Marino leather at $3500 when the synthetic material looks and feels like leather at no extra cost? Remote start come with the premium package but also in the app. I’m actually in the market for a used 2024 and no black interior & exterior is my only stipulation. Good luck
Appreciate 1
Reborn_298.00
      04-14-2024, 09:08 AM   #3
Reborn_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator1972 View Post
Why do you need Marino leather at $3500 when the synthetic material looks and feels like leather at no extra cost? Remote start come with the premium package but also in the app. I’m actually in the market for a used 2024 and no black interior & exterior is my only stipulation. Good luck
I will agree I was impressed with the synthetic compared to other cars I've sat in (MB), but I'd still prefer the leather

Got it - thanks.

Curious why you don't want black interior? Seems to be the most common interior color, unfortunately.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2024, 07:46 AM   #4
Gladiator1972
Private
Rep
Drives: Looking for 2024 X5 x40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reborn_ View Post
I will agree I was impressed with the synthetic compared to other cars I've sat in (MB), but I'd still prefer the leather

Got it - thanks.

Curious why you don't want black interior? Seems to be the most common interior color, unfortunately.
Couple of reasons, makes the interior way too dark, I live in NC and black surfaces get extremely hot in the summer, and as you mentioned, kinda of played out by now.
Appreciate 1
Reborn_298.00