BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-07-2024, 05:10 PM   #1
paradocs
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '25 X5 x40i on order

Stop sale for April builds?

Myself and someone else with a 40i build in Wk 16 April 13th ish were just informed of stop sales for PCD delivery this week. Major bummer. I can either attend PCD and not get the car (fly back for me) or reschedule PCD which will delay things further.

Any issues out there for people taking delivery the past few weeks? (I'm not hearing much) Any one else receive stop sale notices?

Not sure if this is for just a limited run or a broader problem that may lead to a recall. Kinda suprised given the minor changes vs 2024.
      Yesterday, 05:38 AM   #2
MitchDog
Private
Rep
Drives: 25' BMW X5 40i, 23' BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradocs View Post
Myself and someone else with a 40i build in Wk 16 April 13th ish were just informed of stop sales for PCD delivery this week. Major bummer. I can either attend PCD and not get the car (fly back for me) or reschedule PCD which will delay things further.

Any issues out there for people taking delivery the past few weeks? (I'm not hearing much) Any one else receive stop sale notices?

Not sure if this is for just a limited run or a broader problem that may lead to a recall. Kinda suprised given the minor changes vs 2024.
That's crazy! Sorry about that!! I was also Wk 16, picked up about 10 days ago. I haven't heard anything and would be very interested to know what this is all about??
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:12 AM   #3
paradocs
Enlisted Member
Rep

Was told there is an SIB filed regarding front lower seat belt for x5/6 built between 4/3-20 that caused the stop. I imagine others will be hearing about this coming up.

I have a screen shot but not sure if I’m allowed to share or not.
      Yesterday, 12:42 PM   #4
MitchDog
Private
Rep
Drives: 25' BMW X5 40i, 23' BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradocs View Post
Was told there is an SIB filed regarding front lower seat belt for x5/6 built between 4/3-20 that caused the stop. I imagine others will be hearing about this coming up.

I have a screen shot but not sure if I’m allowed to share or not.
Recall in my new future?? Most custom orders from that time period (aside from PCD) are already in driveways...
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 12:49 PM   #5
paradocs
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchDog View Post
Recall in my new future?? Most custom orders from that time period (aside from PCD) are already in driveways...
That would be my guess.
      Yesterday, 04:04 PM   #6
FloatingBob
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 40i

Yup just been alerted by my dealer that my delivery to the West Coast is being held at the dealers and won't be released until they fix "a seatbelt issue."

Was supposed to pick it up in the next few days but no timeline yet as to when the issue can be fixed.

Guess there's a silver lining in having to wait longer for west coast delivers in that at least it won't need to go in for a recall the second I pick it up!
Appreciate 0
      Today, 07:21 AM   #7
paradocs
Enlisted Member
Rep

If people want to check their VIN, I got this message on the German tech site. This appeared today but not yesterday.

https://www.bmw.at/de/footer/quick-l...-aktionen.html

“There is an open technical improvement to this vehicle. Please book an appointment online for your vehicle here by selecting "Service as needed" or contact your local BMW Service Partner here for more information. Improvement code: STOP025543”