BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-09-2020, 06:17 PM   #45
X5/40i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i 2023

I have a issue with my battery a month ago, I was in at moment spent 4 months there cars of covid19, but to resume I didn't tell my sister to turn one the car once a week, so my battery died after recharge etc, my cousin took it to the dealer and they put me a new battery without problem and no hassle since I heard some dealers are pain in the but.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2020, 02:51 AM   #46
biterror
Captain
Finland
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

On F11, there are at least two battery related messages. One is similar to that in this thread and it means that the car has detected a high discharge current during sleep. This can be caused by some aftermarket devices drawing current or a fault in the car electronics (some unit is not going to sleep and keeps consuming power).

The other message (which I have seen on my F11) says something like "Battery charge is low. Charge battery." and it appears (at least in my case) immediately when you switch off the engine. In my case, this was caused by the cold weather and the battery being in a cold place under the trunk. Even after driving for hours, the battery did not charge, because after staying outside for days, the battery was too cold to accept charge. This is more of a design problem, not a fault in the car.

I assume G05 works the same, it has the same IBS sensor on the battery etc.

Last edited by biterror; 12-05-2020 at 03:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2020, 06:03 PM   #47
AntkneeP
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW x6

Garage List
2021 BMW X6  [0.00]
You're wasting your time on the aftermarket accessories troubleshooting

Same exact problem on a 4 week old 2021 X6 40i. Completely stock. iDrive has to be the culprit here. I use CarPlay a lot and I think it is keeping a BT connection to my cell phone. My office is on other side of garage wall so it is in range. I turned on the shutting iDrive off when you open a door to troubleshoot this. Only been a day but so far so good. It has happened with less than 2 days of it sitting in a heated garage; so likely not temp related either. Anyone want to bet a beer on an iDrive firmware update coming out to fix this?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2020, 06:26 PM   #48
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

If your keyfob is in your pocket and just across the wall from the vehicle, it may be sensing that and going in/out of someone's approaching the vehicle over and over again throughout the day. If you have one of those RF shielding bags stuff like memory come in, and if not, try wrapping it in aluminum foil or in a metal pan with a cover and see if things change.
Appreciate 1
mobilejo1111.50
      12-07-2020, 10:17 PM   #49
AntkneeP
Registered
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW X6  [0.00]
Keyfobs are in a drawer that's between 11'-13' from the drivers door. That varies depending upon where in the drawer they are. Been a few days now since "Turn off iDrive on door open" was enabled and no issue yet. Keys are in the same place. Some days, when I was, and still are, going back and forth to my shop, I pass by it and the running lights come on and you hear some electronics wake up. That didn't jive with when we had the errors, nor have we had once since I disabled iDrive on exit, and I must have "woke up the car" about 10x on Saturday.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 12:42 PM   #50
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

More of a FYI for some folks with strange issues relating to the car's battery.

Over the weekend I did my quarterly ritual of topping off my cars battery before winter really hits since I don't drive my car very far every day to keep it fully charged. Normally I use my ctek tender but this time I used a old stinger fast charger to do the job. Well something must have tripped the car out after charging it because my comfort access stopped working completely. Changed out the remote battery etc... nothing worked.

Usually if the car thinks the battery is low it will disable the comfort access so I am thinking when i was charging the battery it tripped this "check". What finally worked was i removed the positive terminal at the battery for a minute and reconnected it. Everything worked normally after and the great thing is that I didn't lose any of my settings. Might be worth a shot to try if the car is acting wonky and you can access the battery in the trunk very easily.

Alan
      01-02-2021, 10:03 PM   #51
AntkneeP
Registered
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW X6  [0.00]
Still getting electronics shutdown malfunction error message

It’s not iDrive being on. Set it to turn off when vehicle is shut down and still getting error. Drove 10 miles to Home Depot, was in there for 10-15 minutes and came out to error again.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2021, 01:16 PM   #52
ChiefOne
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 XDrive 40i

I usually get that Battery Management control message when I open the door activating the console in the middle of a charge cycle. I have not seen it other than in those situations.
      01-03-2021, 04:25 PM   #53
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
fwiw I've had that pop up randomly and I have nothing plugged in or wired to my car. it's 100% stock so the issue might not be related to anything we are doing

edit: picture added
Attached Images

2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0