BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-01-2020, 08:02 PM   #1
m3_08
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M8 conv, IX M60, model Y

how to replace home address in 2021 x5?

Sorry if it was covered before but I don't see how to do that simple thing!
Appreciate 1
      12-02-2020, 02:46 PM   #2
OM3N
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW '09 E92 M3 DCT

Me neither!
      12-02-2020, 11:34 PM   #3
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Here you go.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 06:48 AM   #4
m3_08
Lieutenant
Rep

thanks, but this is to set up home address and it doesn't let you change already defined home address. Will try to call genius next.....
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 11:35 AM   #5
mrichione
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_08 View Post
thanks, but this is to set up home address and it doesn't let you change already defined home address. Will try to call genius next.....
Go to Nav > My/Recent Destinations and find "Home" — don't click it. Highlight it and press Option on the Controller, then select "Edit Entry" and enter the new address before saving.
Appreciate 3
m3_08589.00
volodp193.50
cobramite1226.50
      12-03-2020, 01:51 PM   #6
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Ditto above...once again, the functionality of the OPTION button tends to be forgotten. (not a knock, just the coincidence of the OPTION button's usage being overlooked or conceptualized just like in another thread about creating a favorite artist list in the MEDIA area of iDrive)

If you need to change something or need more selections...the OPTION button usually is what owners need to select when using iDrive.

Another example in this case would be for a 2nd owner or if the 1st owner moves. Pulling up HOME and needing to change the information...due to either of the aforementioned...the OPTION button opens up the ability to edit/make changes/etc.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 05:49 PM   #7
m3_08
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrichione View Post
Go to Nav > My/Recent Destinations and find "Home" — don't click it. Highlight it and press Option on the Controller, then select "Edit Entry" and enter the new address before saving.
THANKS!!!
excellent point to try option button when we dont see how to do something
Appreciate 1
      12-05-2020, 09:12 PM   #8
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Also, I believe you can press and hold the iDrive controller to bring up menu options. For example, when you get messages or other notifications you can select those notifications/messages with the iDrive controller and then press and hold the controller until it brings up an option menu. From there you can select delete or delete all.

It may be different from pressing the "Option" button since I haven't tried it for changing the Home address. My guess is it would bring up the same menu that comes up when you press the "Option" button for changing the Home address.

I'll check this out later unless someone already knows how it works with the iDrive controller.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2021, 01:10 PM   #9
scbang
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Address Change

I have a different problem re: Address change.
Recently, I had 1 year service done and the car still says SERVICE DUE and the notification says I need emission inspection. Florida does not require that so my guess is my address with BMW still thinks I am in NY.
I did "Hey BMW" and ask to change my home address and it did. But the service due msg is still there. Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2021, 04:45 PM   #10
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by scbang View Post
Recently, I had 1 year service done and the car still says SERVICE DUE and the notification says I need emission inspection. Florida does not require that so my guess is my address with BMW still thinks I am in NY.
I did "Hey BMW" and ask to change my home address and it did. But the service due msg is still there. Any ideas?
interesting annoyance for sure!

1) have you changed your "home" map from Region 1 to Region 3 in your ConnectedDrive Store? (I'm certain this won't fix your issue but still something to change now that you're in a different region.)
2) I'd call support or send feedback through the app for them to change the setting that dictates emission inspections per state.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2021, 04:55 PM   #11
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Resetting the service reminder isn't hard and doesn't require any tools. I think (it's been a while, and somebody will chime in if I'm wrong) that if you hold the button on the stalk of the directionals, eventually, it will come into a service menu, and you can cycle through that to reset that. The iDrive menu can handle setting the next date of when it's due if I remember correctly, so you could change that to some date far in the future.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2021, 05:35 PM   #12
IFlyX5
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X5 s40i, '22 X5 x45e

Sorry for being anal about entering a "Home" address for your GPS but having read a few threads about entering/changing Home address on your GPS, if your X5 ever gets stolen, thief could find your home and subsequently your garage.

I never use my real address for Home. Use the address of a grocery store near home would serve that purpose for me.

Just a thought.
gqgambler716.00
      12-10-2021, 09:24 PM   #13
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFlyX5 View Post
Sorry for being anal about entering a "Home" address for your GPS but having read a few threads about entering/changing Home address on your GPS, if your X5 ever gets stolen, thief could find your home and subsequently your garage.

I never use my real address for Home. Use the address of a grocery store near home would serve that purpose for me.

Just a thought.
Yep, same reason I always carry a fake ID with counterfeit money in a counterfeit gucci wallet. I also carry a key that unlocks a lock box at my local bank for which only 2 keys are in existence and the 2nd key needs to be simultaneously turned by my brother's neighbors estranged step son. The lock box contains my real house key.
      12-11-2021, 05:20 AM   #14
nosnoop
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 5 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
Yep, same reason I always carry a fake ID with counterfeit money in a counterfeit gucci wallet. I also carry a key that unlocks a lock box at my local bank for which only 2 keys are in existence and the 2nd key needs to be simultaneously turned by my brother's neighbors estranged step son. The lock box contains my real house key.
No need to be sarcastic.
I agree with IFlyX5 that it is not a good idea to use real home address especially with the garage door remote/homelink in your car.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2021, 10:40 AM   #15
kjx
///M ♥ Recycled Dinosaurs
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e

Garage List
Quote:

Just a thought.
Why are all of you guys not using the car without a pin protected profile? Your home address will be securely stored inside your profile. The default Guest profile doesn't need to have anything set except some settings like if you want the mirrors folded when locking the car.
      12-11-2021, 11:03 AM   #16
gqgambler
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast & Furious

Quote:

Just a thought.
yep, good words of advice.
I'm sure 97% of the time you don't need GPS to find your home.
      12-11-2021, 03:43 PM   #17
10101X5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 10101X101

Quote:

Just a thought.
Yeah you can never be over cautious these days. I don't know why myBMW doesn't allow you to set to send notification when a door is opened. We've never programmed the built in garage opener for the same reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqgambler View Post
yep, good words of advice.
I'm sure 97% of the time you don't need GPS to find your home.
When in an unfamiliar area and need to go home... "Hey BMW let's go home." is rather convenient when you're already driving.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2022, 06:17 AM   #18
seanfoden
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

Hi, thank you very much for the instructions. I searched for a long time on different forums. I bought a new apartment in Forlify and could not change the address in the settings.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2022, 06:36 AM   #19
e45_440
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 xdrive 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjx View Post
Quote:

Just a thought.
Why are all of you guys not using the car without a pin protected profile? Your home address will be securely stored inside your profile. The default Guest profile doesn't need to have anything set except some settings like if you want the mirrors folded when locking the car.
Except when someone has your physical key fob as well. (Think Valet)

There was a whole movie (can't remember the name) made, based on this premise!
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2022, 08:48 AM   #20
kjx
///M ♥ Recycled Dinosaurs
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by e45_440 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjx View Post
Quote:

Just a thought.
Except when someone has your physical key fob as well. (Think Valet)

There was a whole movie (can't remember the name) made, based on this premise!
It doesn't matter if they have your fob if you've activated valet mode before handing it over.

For things like BMW service, I just head out with my second key that is not linked to my profile. I could temporarily also disable auto-login to the profile from my main key too.

Yes, if your fob gets stolen off of you, you're in a bit of a pickle. But they can find your address from the registration in the glovebox too.
      11-30-2022, 07:04 PM   #21
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbang View Post
Sorry that this reply is almost a year late…but the statutory inspections you mention can easily be changed by using the iDrive controller (and perhaps the OPTION button, too).

In municipalities that don’t require statutory inspections (emissions & vehicle)…which is identified on the screen with a squiggly icon in front of the inspection…all you need to do is select the service and press down on the iDrive controller (or the OPTION button…can’t remember which) and it will allow you to reset the date (yourself).

I purchased my f15 X5 from NY…but we don’t have either of those statutory inspections here in Indiana where I live…so I just pressed the OPTION button and changed the next inspection to sometime later in the future.
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 11-30-2022 at 07:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2023, 04:51 AM   #22
Pierre_A
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5-50e

Nor me!
- And I've been trying!
Appreciate 0