BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-03-2020, 07:33 AM   #1
xdriv3
Private
Rep
Drives: X3

Nuna RAVA or CLEK Foonf

I have a toddler and a newborn on the way. I was wondering if any G05 owners can comment on fitting two of these car seats in side by side while allowing an adult passenger to sit on the outside of the bench?

I like the RAVA more, but believe it’s wider up at the shoulder. The Foonf is more uniform in terms of its dimension.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 09:49 AM   #2
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

I have two Nuna Execs in my car - one rear facing for my 15 month old and one forward facing for my 5 year old. They are installed side by side with plenty of room for someone to sit on the open seat next to them.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 11:35 AM   #3
xdriv3
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
I have two Nuna Execs in my car - one rear facing for my 15 month old and one forward facing for my 5 year old. They are installed side by side with plenty of room for someone to sit on the open seat next to them.
Good to know! I wish there were deals on the Execs.. Hard to spent nearly 700 per seat..
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 11:51 AM   #4
codex57
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 45e, Tesla Model 3

The Diono Radian is pretty universally recommended for versatility and slimness. I know it's not as high end, but it's just a car seat and in the end, it's more about what makes your life easier.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 12:47 PM   #5
xdriv3
Private
Rep

I did buy the Radian 3QX during BF. Great deal, but didn’t open it yet. Planning on return once the RAVA comes
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 01:07 PM   #6
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdriv3 View Post
Good to know! I wish there were deals on the Execs.. Hard to spent nearly 700 per seat..
True - our justification is once you get to the convertible seat, it'll be your last seat because it's a convertible + booster. However, after having them and seeing other booster seats, once my oldest is ready we'll probably buy a true booster seat. Those seats are much more compact than the Exec.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 03:42 PM   #7
ND40oz
Major
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Any reason not to start with an infant carrier in the middle instead of using a rear-facing convertible? You can definitely use the outboard seats with a UPPAbaby Mesa in the middle.

The thing you'll run into with the middle seat is there is no ISOfix/LATCH so you'll need to use a seatbelt for the install. Not a big deal but just something to remember.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 04:09 PM   #8
xdriv3
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND40oz View Post
Any reason not to start with an infant carrier in the middle instead of using a rear-facing convertible? You can definitely use the outboard seats with a UPPAbaby Mesa in the middle.

The thing you'll run into with the middle seat is there is no ISOfix/LATCH so you'll need to use a seatbelt for the install. Not a big deal but just something to remember.
Yep, I'll be doing infant carrier for at least one year in the middle w/ the convertible on the side. Just planning ahead for when the infant grows out of the carrier.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2020, 11:57 AM   #9
Fennario
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Just saw this on Jalop in case anyone is interested ($100 off Graco 4Ever DLX): https://kinjadeals.theinventory.com/...nly-1845807221
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2020, 01:50 PM   #10
codex57
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 45e, Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND40oz View Post

Really just personal preference or the size of your child. Some convertibles won't fit some newborns so you would still need an infant seat for the ride home from the hospital (and possibly for a little bit longer after that).

Plus, infant seats tend to be detachable from a base that stays in your car. That can be quite convenient, especially when they're bitty and sleep all the time.

I kept mine in an infant seat for as long as I could cuz it was nice to pull it out of the car and plop it into a stroller or just bring it into the house. Anything to avoid waking the baby if possible. I had a Recaro that I think had an insert that allowed it to accept a pretty small infant, but I didn't use it as much cuz of the convenience factor of my cheap Graco.
Appreciate 0