BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-27-2022, 10:19 PM   #45
SlowX6M
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X6M, 2012 X5, 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Tutorial is widely available in the internet.
I've learned how to code in 2012 by reading from the internet.
Since then I've been hired to code others in compensation for my time because they are not comfortable in doing it themselves.

I wish I can tell you exactly where I found the instruction.
But, Google sometime can be your friend.
Last time I did coding with a laptop was back in 2015 when I had my m235i. Since then I've been using Carly from my phone, which is much simpler, but very limited in parameters and compatibility.

I wish there was a tutorial which parameters exactly need to be change to enable anti dazzle lights.
Appreciate 1
GotBeemed415.50
      03-28-2022, 08:34 AM   #46
GotBeemed
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 997 911, F95 X5M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Tutorial is widely available in the internet.
I've learned how to code in 2012 by reading from the internet.
Since then I've been hired to code others in compensation for my time because they are not comfortable in doing it themselves.

I wish I can tell you exactly where I found the instruction.
But, Google sometimes can be your friend.
r33_RGSport Feel free to reach out to me via PM, I would be interested in my options on how you can assist me for compensation remotely as I am on the east coast. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2022, 11:11 PM   #47
SlowX6M
Lieutenant
Rep

r33_RGSport had remotely enabled anti dazzle on my car, and it works really well on rural roads. Amazing tech.
Appreciate 2
r33_RGSport12971.00
GotBeemed415.50
      04-29-2022, 09:19 AM   #48
DJXS1980
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X6M Competition (G05)

Laser Lights explained - X6M Competition (2021 G05 in UK)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowX6M View Post
There are a bunch of articles on the internet, but I couldn't find one with a complete and simple explanation. From what I understand, our headlights are actually LED, and only the high beam is laser? Also, I heard that the high beam only uses lasers above 40mph, otherwise it uses LEDs even for high beam.

Also, what about the selective beam technology, I understand it is not legal in the USA, but do we actually have this technology built in and its just deactivated?
Just reading this and i had the same questions before purchasing my car. The laser lights are only applicable on the Main Beam, Matrix LED for Dipped beam which works extremely well. Also, you need to have the headlights in Auto Main Beam Mode to get the Laser Lights to operate as they need to dip when detecting on coming traffic.

The best way to describe the difference is comparing them to the hotspot of a high quality flashlight. You can see twice the distance (1km i believe) and there is s distinct hotspot that is cast into the furthest point (usually against a tree or a road sign or something). they are superb, but they are not outstandingly better than the LED standard Headlights. They do look really cool when you opent he car up and the lights all come in in sequence with the DRL's and they have this nice cool blue surround.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2022, 10:29 AM   #49
SlowX6M
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJXS1980 View Post
Just reading this and i had the same questions before purchasing my car. The laser lights are only applicable on the Main Beam, Matrix LED for Dipped beam which works extremely well. Also, you need to have the headlights in Auto Main Beam Mode to get the Laser Lights to operate as they need to dip when detecting on coming traffic.

The best way to describe the difference is comparing them to the hotspot of a high quality flashlight. You can see twice the distance (1km i believe) and there is s distinct hotspot that is cast into the furthest point (usually against a tree or a road sign or something). they are superb, but they are not outstandingly better than the LED standard Headlights. They do look really cool when you opent he car up and the lights all come in in sequence with the DRL's and they have this nice cool blue surround.
I actually bought a laser (LEP) flashlights, its absolutely insane, it throws the hotspot for miles.
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2022, 03:29 AM   #50
DJXS1980
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X6M Competition (G05)

Quote:
I actually bought a laser (LEP) flashlights, its absolutely insane, it throws the hotspot for miles.
exactly.....

PS: i laughed at the username of SlowX6M.....
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2022, 11:19 PM   #51
SlowX6M
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJXS1980 View Post
exactly.....

PS: i laughed at the username of SlowX6M.....
It is kind of slow, lol. It's a big, heavy SUV afterall.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2023, 02:30 AM   #52
mlurker
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 45e

Quote:
r33_RGSport had remotely enabled anti dazzle on my car, and it works really well on rural roads. Amazing tech.
When anti-dazzle kicks in, does your headlights working in high beam, i.e. the car moves high beam out of a car in front of you? Or it works in low beam mode?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2023, 06:37 AM   #53
SlowX6M
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlurker View Post
When anti-dazzle kicks in, does your headlights working in high beam, i.e. the car moves high beam out of a car in front of you? Or it works in low beam mode?
You need to have the "auto high beam" activated, so essentially you're driving with low beams and the system activates high beams depending on traffic conditions.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2023, 12:46 PM   #54
mlurker
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 45e

Quote:
You need to have the "auto high beam" activated, so essentially you're driving with low beams and the system activates high beams depending on traffic conditions.
The issue I'm having with anti-dazzle it is moving the beams with low beams active, what makes no sense to me as low beams designed not to blind the traffic, thus there is no point to move it away.

My expectation is that the car is always/in most cases use high beam and when there is a traffic - moves one beam away, second switch to low beam (or move it away as well) not to blind. I have LED headlights with anti-dazzle enabled via ProTools app.

In your case, how does it work?
Appreciate 0