Drives: 2024 X5 M60i, 2020 RRS SE, 201

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyghost View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by radmjk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunwar View Post
Hi...not sure if this will help, but I sorted my rattle noise coming from the rear....
This is what I did...

The hood has two clips that slide into the side of the inner side of the boot on the car...Use a regular Electrical insulation tape to tape that clip end ...dont go too thick...

The rattle stopped for me...Good Luck all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo2712 View Post
Can you please show pictures of the exact location and where you put the tape?
Thks
Just to be clear, my (OP) long standing creaking sound is Fixed. It was corrected with apparent substantial welding beneath the rear passenger seat bench. I am still waiting on the service paperwork, delayed due to the virus.
Hello Radmjk, did you got your final paperwork? Mine is at the dealership for two weeks now and they still haven't fix the noise. I believe we have the same noise from the passenger rear. Please if you still have the paperwork, can you share them with us. Thank you so much.
BTW my 2020 330IX loner has been extremely quiet and solid, no noise of any kind.
Hi babyghost,
I'm sorry, but I never did receive the paperwork. I will check in on the dealer again to see if they have it for me.
2017 BMW 530i xDrive Black
2005 BMW Z4 2.5i Jet Black
Appreciate 1
      08-17-2020, 12:34 PM   #90
radmjk
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Finally received the paperwork for the repair of the rear passenger creaking sound. Not sure if it'll help anyone.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      08-17-2020, 01:08 PM   #91
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

i had a metallic noise in my X5M from the passenger cargo area going over bumps. I narrowed it down to the passenger cargo "wall" that is wrapped in carpet. If i would bang on it with my hand i would be able to reproduce the metallic sound. What i ended up doing was taking some foam (from a pool noodle) that i had and inserting behind the panel through the storage opening on the passenger side. it added enough pressure to tighten whatever was loose back there and the rattle seems to be gone. That was the least invasive method to fix the noise. I didn't want to pull the panel off because that could lead to more issues but i will if the noise comes back. It was driving me insane!

Alan
      08-17-2020, 02:14 PM   #92
babyghost
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

My dealer didn't fix anything after 1 month of having the vehicle, they only made the noise louder. I think there's more noises than before because they removed a lot of stuff from the rear. What should I do?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-17-2020, 02:47 PM   #93
radmjk
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyghost
My dealer didn't fix anything after 1 month of having the vehicle, they only made the noise louder. I think there's more noises than before because they removed a lot of stuff from the rear. What should I do?
I assume BMW engineering got involved? That is who ultimately took the lead in instructing the dealer and auto body repair shop how to fix. If you are leasing and you haven't already, I would investigate trying to recoup some or all of your lease payment for that one month. BMW USA ultimately reimbursed me for one month of my lease payment.
Appreciate 1
      04-09-2021, 12:42 PM   #94
angmarlotr
Rep
Drives: Honda Accord

Our G05 had the same creaking sound when we brought it home in Feb last year. It was our first bimmer and I was extremely upset as the biggest beef I had with our Japanese appliance cars was how they creak and rattle. As time goes on it became less noticeable and I just thought I got used to it. last week I felt it was completely gone so I took the car out for a 30 minutes drive with the stereo off in relatively quiet area of the town. No creaking sound at all. Tried a few of these quiet drives over the week and the sound has not came back yet.

Anyone has similar experience? How could these kind of sound go away by itself after 1 year?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2021, 01:07 PM   #95
hkleyman
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 50i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by angmarlotr View Post
Our G05 had the same creaking sound when we brought it home in Feb last year. It was our first bimmer and I was extremely upset as the biggest beef I had with our Japanese appliance cars was how they creak and rattle. As time goes on it became less noticeable and I just thought I got used to it. last week I felt it was completely gone so I took the car out for a 30 minutes drive with the stereo off in relatively quiet area of the town. No creaking sound at all. Tried a few of these quiet drives over the week and the sound has not came back yet.

Anyone has similar experience? How could these kind of sound go away by itself after 1 year?
My experience it's been the lift gate for me and it just needs to be adjusted sometimes as the body flexes with seasonal change. After several trips to the dealer I know how to do it myself and it stays pretty quiet.
Appreciate 1
Frenetic482.00
      04-09-2021, 01:51 PM   #96
Frenetic
PANIC!
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Mind sharing what exactly you adjust? Any pictures of the item being adjusted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkleyman View Post
My experience it's been the lift gate for me and it just needs to be adjusted sometimes as the body flexes with seasonal change. After several trips to the dealer I know how to do it myself and it stays pretty quiet.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2021, 02:59 PM   #97
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by angmarlotr View Post

If the noise is caused my plastic rubbing, once it gets smoothed out the creaking caused by it will go away. However, rattles won't go away, only creaks…
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 09:16 AM   #98
hkleyman
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 50i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenetic View Post
Mind sharing what exactly you adjust? Any pictures of the item being adjusted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkleyman View Post
Review this forum thread. You're in the right place, no need for me to repost.
Appreciate 0