Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50E

Garage List
2020 840i GC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigErnM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonArcher06033 View Post
I wasn't in beta test mode. Protools Facebook group was externally helpful. Took a couple clicks and got it done in about 20 minutes.

Works great on 2022 X7 M50i.

I don't drive much at night these days for some reason, but it does work well - as expected.
I was having the same issue as you and didn't want to use facebook. But they replied to me over email in an hour or so on the weekend which was impressive to me. I also just got a 2022 X7 M50i. Can you post what steps you took? Did you follow the protools steps given a few posts up or did you just do the Anti Dazzle Step 1 and Step 2 areas inside the popular section in ProTool.
I followed the steps above The popular options didn't seem to do anything - I think those are actually for coding in high beam assistant (?)
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2022, 07:09 PM   #46
BigErnM
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M50i

I followed the steps provided in this thread on my 2022 X7 M50i. Everything worked except the Radio Headunit cannot be coded with the current beta version of ProTool. All the other steps seemed to go through. When I had done them all, the Anti-Dazzle Step 1 under the popular section in the KAFAS module showed Enabled. So enabling the Anti-Dazzle entry in ProTool is basically a shortcut that does all the expert mode coding given in the last section of the walkthrough. There is another Anti-Dazzle Step 1 in the popular section of the BDC module. This didn't work when I tried to enable it and undid the 5AP removal from the VO. It is trying to enable the setting under C_HBA_ENA for the headlights, but there is no Enable option in that menu. There is only the factory default of Touch/Restart or disable so that is why that step fails. There is a standalone option that tries to do the same thing under the BDC standard section in ProTool. So I had to redo the 5AP VO removal and go through the steps again after I tried the built in ProTool shortcuts. Everything says enabled now but I haven't driven anywhere at night yet to test it. I was just afraid it might not work since ProTool fails when trying to code the Headunit and says coding not available for this module 0x0a. I'll take a night time drive soon and see whether the Anti-Dazzle is actually working.

Finally had it out after dark last night. The Anti-Dazzle seemed to be working. Driving 30 miles on the Interstate and it would keep the high beams on until you got right up beside someone passing them in the other lane. It would periodically change from high to low beams based on the position of cars on the other side of the divider but it would keep high beams on if you were directly behind another car even when you got pretty close. It also seemed to lower the left headlight with passing cars but kept the right one up high with better visibility along the shoulder and ditch. I don't think I was blasting anybody with brights. So I think this works with the ProTool instructions. Thanks for the walkthrough.

Last edited by BigErnM; 07-16-2022 at 09:39 AM.. Reason: Update
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2023, 05:47 AM   #47
mikeone
Rep
Drives: X45e

Hi guys,

I have my X5 45e and it does not seem to use anti dazzle. I was told that it's factory coded for us EU folks. but when I turn on the high beam it's just blind other people.

Any idea how to know if it's activated ? I have booth protocol and bimmercode.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2023, 06:55 AM   #48
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeone View Post
Hi guys,

I have my X5 45e and it does not seem to use anti dazzle. I was told that it's factory coded for us EU folks. but when I turn on the high beam it's just blind other people.

Any idea how to know if it's activated ? I have booth protocol and bimmercode.
Sounds like you don't have the auto high beams enabled. Even without anti-dazzle it shouldn't blind people since it should shut off when it sees an approaching vehicle.
Attached Images

09-10-2023, 07:11 AM   #49
Tylast
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X5 45e (2023)

Since the last 2 software updates (I'm on 03/2023.67 now), I no longer see Interior KAFAS (Camera System). The Camera System is now called TRSVC. It does NOT have options for 3100 Common, 3102 Light Detection, etc. Anyone else using Protools have this issue? I also have just updated Protools...I still don't see KAFAS.

Edit: I had to power the X5 before connecting with Protools in order to see KAFAS.

Last edited by Tylast; 09-16-2023 at 06:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2023, 02:17 PM   #50
starlights
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 50i

Anybody here from DMV area who has protool and is willing to help with anti-dazzle coding for money? Unfortunately I don't have android or windows computers...
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2023, 06:45 PM   #51
mlurker
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylast View Post
Since the last 2 software updates (I'm on 03/2023.67 now), I no longer see Interior KAFAS (Camera System). The Camera System is now called TRSVC. It does NOT have options for 3100 Common, 3102 Light Detection, etc. Anyone else using Protools have this issue? I also have just updated Protools...I still don't see KAFAS.

Edit: I had to power the X5 before connecting with Protools in order to see KAFAS.
Were you able to code it back after updates? Is it working with high beam, or low beam lights?

Mine works with low beam what is rather annoying (i.e. it moves beams to sides, but it's always low beam unless there are no cars on the road, than it switches to high beam).
Appreciate 0