BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-07-2019, 10:57 AM   #1
RacerxG5
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 xdrive40i

Night Vision?

Hello all,

Just looking for some advise on the NV. For those of you that have it, is it worth it? We live in the country and travel roads that deer cross all the time. I am trying to convince my wife she should add it to the build but she questions if it will work like it's marketed and if it will be more of distraction. Can you have the image in the instrument cluster where the navigation is, or just on the center screen?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 12:01 PM   #2
dan321
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

The image appears in the center screen. I'm pretty sure it also integrates with emergency braking too. I looked at getting it but in the end, I decided against it because I didn't think I would get much use out of it.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 12:01 PM   #3
Habsone
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: The Ultimate Driving Machine

I have it. Not by choice but came with the SAV i leased from the lot. As far as functionality is concerned if you think you need it you will not be disappointed as i had a chance to use it and it was quite impressive with very clear real time camera action of the road in front of you. It is however $2300 option.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 12:55 PM   #4
RacerxG5
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 xdrive40i

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I do think it could come in handy where we live. My wife over the years hit 2 or 3 deer, can't keep count...haha. I myself hit a deer a couple of years ago. Not so much concerned about the cost, but more interested in function and if it's reliable.

Again thank for the feedback.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 03:25 PM   #5
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerxG5 View Post
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I do think it could come in handy where we live. My wife over the years hit 2 or 3 deer, can't keep count...haha. I myself hit a deer a couple of years ago. Not so much concerned about the cost, but more interested in function and if it's reliable.

Again thank for the feedback.
Well... based on that if NV avoids one deer strike, it's paid for itself!
Appreciate 0