BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-15-2023, 03:47 AM   #1
CHRISPSA-1
Enlisted Member
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6 30d xdrive M sport

Adaptive mode

If there is not an adaptive mode button you can initiate by using voice command.After that i am not very sure that it actually works .I didn't notice anything .On the screen it appears adaptive mode but the car behaves like the comfort mode.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2023, 05:32 AM   #2
Dandle
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 M50i

I don't think there is an adaptive mode anymore. Its adaptive suspension as it changes when you select different driving profiles but there isn't a setting for it to adapt from one setting to another as your driving style changes.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2023, 09:19 AM   #3
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

While folks have tried that, no one has reported that it changed the driving characteristics. It seems to display Adaptive but that is all it is doing.
      08-15-2023, 09:23 AM   #4
cobramite
Banned
Rep
Drives: '24 X6 M60i, '22 Macan GTS

I always thought that setting would shift you from Comfort to Sport is your driving became more aggressive.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2023, 09:43 AM   #5
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobramite View Post
I always thought that setting would shift you from Comfort to Sport is your driving became more aggressive.
No, that is not what it does. Here is something that I got from another forum that I post every so often concerning the Adaptive Driving Mode.

"I asked BMWGenius to explain Adaptive Driving Mode in more detail, including whether or not it switches between comfort and sport depending on the situation. Here's what they said.
The Adaptive Driving Mode is a unique driving mode, separate from COMFORT, ECO PRO, and SPORT. While driving in Adaptive Driving Mode, the vehicle does not switch to COMFORT or SPORT mode automatically. However, characters of COMFORT or SPORT will be implemented, depending on the situation.

The vehicle is considering many factor to determine the optimal drive feel. Along with acceleration, steering, and speed, the vehicle is also factoring in driving conditions, braking, cornering speed, input from the xDrive system and Navigation data.

When the Navigation system has an active guidance, the Navigation data is used to anticipate curves, crossroads and type of street or road that you are driving on. For example, it can select the optimum transmission gear in advance, potentially enhancing efficiency.​

I responded with this:
One more question: Some have suggested that Adaptive Driving Mode learns how you drive over time and adjusts itself based on that history. Is that true? Or does it just adapt based on the current situation without regard to history?​

Here is what they (a different person) said:
In Adaptive mode, the following influences on the driving style are taken into account, among others:
• Longitudinal dynamics
• Current speed
• Pedal sensor position
• Cruise control (sensor data from ACC radar sensor) *If equipped
• Sport shift gate for automatic transmission
• Turn indicator
• Steering wheel movements
• Navigation data

"ADAPTIVE" reacts to the current driving style. The affected control units can change their parameters on the basis of the detected driving style. This system will not use previous driving tendencies to change settings for the current trip.​""
CeEl479.00