BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-28-2022, 03:03 PM   #23
Daxx
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 22 G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
I'm having trouble getting the BMW all weather mats for the 2022 x5.

does anyone have any recommendations for a dealership parts department contact person?

msg me. please, thanks.
3D Maxpider for front. Pretty nice mats.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 04:22 PM   #24
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzisdashiz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
awesome, that's perfect, thanks!

Perfect !
Not sure if it's too late but I got the mats from BMW of Fairfax and they even threw in 20% off. I got the car from Sterling, so that was very nice of them.
Sterling gave me 10% off; I should have gone to Fairfax.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 04:09 AM   #25
Quaze22
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5-45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggie View Post
Are the WeatherTech mats not good?

https://www.weathertech.com/bmw/2022/x5-45e/
I got these, and highly recommend them. My dealer supplied summer and winter mats, but the latter are too shallow to protect the carpet properly. High-sided mats are the only way to go if you get any significant amounts of snow and slush, which we do for about four months of the year.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 10:29 AM   #26
ConservativeConsumer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 xDrive40i

Sorry for jumping in with additional questions, but hopefully it'll be useful for the OP and others too...

I've got BMW OE mats as a free gift from my dealer when was picking up my 40i in late December. They look nice, not doubt, but the "pan" is not deep enough to prevent melted snow water infused with salt to go over sides and soak the carpet underneath - particularly near gas pedal.

I've ordered WT for fronts. They are better than OE in carpet protection, but not by much as they have comparably shallow mat pan too. And besides, the WT mats use special hardware with hook pegs to attach mats to floor. That hardware requires screwing it to the spots where Velcro pads for OE mats affixed (screw and hook is in one piece and all plastic). So, when winter will be over I'd have to remove those things and install OE Velcro pads again for carpet maps.

Not sure yet what I'd do for the next winter. Likely will be installing OE all-weather mats back or trying Kagu Max Spider mats - these look to have better coverage of driver's area floor than either OE or WT. Can someone using them tell how they are attached to floor - is that just their no-slippery backing holding them in place or Velcro stickers compatible with OE pads? I had Max Spider mats in my now long-gone VW Touareg TDI and remember that they started layering apart after 3-4 years of use. Are they any better now?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 10:53 AM   #27
kimmy77_02
South Korea
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

... If I recall correctly, only the driver side has the Velcro on the bottom just like the OEM carpeted mats ... The others (Passenger, Second and Third row) has no Velcro on the bottom ...
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 04:34 PM   #28
dormouse
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConservativeConsumer View Post
Not sure yet what I'd do for the next winter. Likely will be installing OE all-weather mats back or trying Kagu Max Spider mats - these look to have better coverage of driver's area floor than either OE or WT. Can someone using them tell how they are attached to floor - is that just their no-slippery backing holding them in place or Velcro stickers compatible with OE pads? I had Max Spider mats in my now long-gone VW Touareg TDI and remember that they started layering apart after 3-4 years of use. Are they any better now?

Thanks in advance!
The Maxpider mats just lay in there and the backing material keeps them in place. My set included some circular felt pieces to place over the velcro mounts on the floor. I assume the mats "bite" into the felt better than they would the velcro mounts. I've had no problems with them staying in place, but I can't speak to the longevity of the mats since I've only had them for a few months.

Someone mentioned the 3D badges on the mats and I also looked at the possibility of removing them. In the end, I decided to leave them in place and just give them a few coats of flat black from a spray can. They turned out better than I expected and I just don't notice the badges there at all any more.

These are very nice mats and they look/feel better than the weathertechs I had in my last vehicle. Don't let the badges hold you back from trying them out if you're on the fence.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 06:26 PM   #29
TenZeroJig
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConservativeConsumer View Post

Thanks in advance!
I would recommend taking a look at Tuxmat. I have them for my 45e and they fit great. They provide significant coverage and go all the way to the up to the plastic molding - There are clips provided that attach it under the molding to secure the fit. The mats also have velcro on the bottom that line up with the corresponding spots on the floor. I have been very happy with them and would recommend.
Appreciate 1
NCSpuds22.50
      02-01-2022, 08:59 PM   #30
leasehackr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5, 530e

Tell your dealer to give it you for free. OEM have two kinds of weather mats. Just tell them you want it. period.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 08:51 AM   #31
ConservativeConsumer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 xDrive40i

Thank you for the Maxpider comments! Tuxmat is an interesting option too! And once again - my apologies to the OP for somewhat hijacking the thread!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2022, 06:30 AM   #32
JIMOLDFED
USN Vet
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 40i

Excellent info herein - THNX !
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2023, 05:53 PM   #33
weastwood
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X5 50e

Just got the OEM all weather mats and they all fit very well but the drivers side. The forward left is popped up just a bit and I’ve tried adjusting it to have it seat better but no luck. Anyone know if these will need to “form” a little more in order to fit better?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2023, 06:21 PM   #34
Tejas1836
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5MC Workmaster 75

Tuxmat is tier 1
      08-09-2023, 06:39 PM   #35
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by weastwood View Post
Just got the OEM all weather mats and they all fit very well but the drivers side. The forward left is popped up just a bit and I’ve tried adjusting it to have it seat better but no luck. Anyone know if these will need to “form” a little more in order to fit better?
you mean over the dead pedal? mine fit on top perfectly OOTB. try a heat gun or hair dryer
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2023, 06:51 PM   #36
weastwood
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
you mean over the dead pedal? mine fit on top perfectly OOTB. try a heat gun or hair dryer
Yup on the dead pedal. That area and the left side are not seated fully. I can keep playing around with it to adjust it. Just seemed like a lot of the mat was over that area. Rest of it fits perfect.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2023, 10:44 AM   #37
ohiobellboy
Registered
Rep

I'm looking for mats for our recently acquired G05. I've read the thread and followed the links to the products listed.

Weather Tech is a nogo for me anymore. Our F10 had the OE All weather mats and we liked them but on the X series, the rear mat does not give complete coverage across the middle.

The Tux mat looks really nice but they also seem like a softer material as much as they flex. That and all the clips used to keep them in place. I have no experience with them but that almost seems like it'd get old quick every time you want to clean them.

The Kagu Maxpider ones also look like they'd work very well but when following the link to the ones on Amazon, many other brands popped up. I'd like to stay as close to the OE style as possible.

Has anyone tried the Yonugli ones and if so, what's your thoughts on them?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2023, 11:01 AM   #38
ohiobellboy
Registered
Rep

Anyone tried the 3W brand yet?

https://3wliners.com/products/bmw-x5...42117936349237
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2023, 06:24 PM   #39
Celos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 xDrive45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobellboy View Post
The Tux mat looks really nice but they also seem like a softer material as much as they flex. That and all the clips used to keep them in place. I have no experience with them but that almost seems like it'd get old quick every time you want to clean them.
I’ve had the TuxMats for about 9 months and I’ve not yet felt the need to pull them out to clean them. Vacuuming has largely done the trick even through the winter (which are mild here but I’ve gone to the snow a bunch).

I think whether you need to pull them out for a deep cleaning largely depends on how OCD you are.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2023, 08:39 PM   #40
ohiobellboy
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celos View Post
I’ve had the TuxMats for about 9 months and I’ve not yet felt the need to pull them out to clean them. Vacuuming has largely done the trick even through the winter (which are mild here but I’ve gone to the snow a bunch).

I think whether you need to pull them out for a deep cleaning largely depends on how OCD you are.
Appreciate the input. If you consider OCD as taking Q-Tips to the fuse box of my bikes before winter hibernation, That's me.