BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-07-2023, 10:53 PM   #45
Giggler
Banned
Rep
Drives: 20' M340i, 24' X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
what corrections? those are the same settings in my MY21 45e with ID7.
According to all the posts above, auto recording is disabled by default and you have to run through the settings and set everything to the way you want it on first use and system updates will reset it so you have go through the setup again. It’s all ready to go out of the box in iD8.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2023, 05:22 AM   #46
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggler View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
what corrections? those are the same settings in my MY21 45e with ID7.
According to all the posts above, auto recording is disabled by default and you have to run through the settings and set everything to the way you want it on first use and system updates will reset it so you have go through the setup again. It’s all ready to go out of the box in iD8.
system updates affect some modules, not all, so some settings may reset to default with one update but not another update.

when I updated to 07/2021, my Drive Recorder settings reset, but when i updated to 11/2022 and most recently 03/2023, they didn’t reset. the “corrections” you speak of aren’t addressed simply by iDrive version only, but rather the specific modules addressed in i-Level software
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2023, 03:45 PM   #47
fr_tz
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90/G05 50e

Garage List
2024 G05 50e  [9.50]
Haven’t seen this mentioned but trigger duration time has been bumped up to 30 seconds on ID8/LCI.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
nZtiZia4656.00
roamio253.50
      07-12-2023, 04:00 PM   #48
boba_balla
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 45e Phytonic Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by goobies818 View Post
I have “drive recorder” as one of my idrive Home Screen tiles (bottom left corner of 4 squares)

I find it easier to manually trigger a recording of close calls and other shenanigans I come across in my drives than pressing the button next to the gear shifter. Tap the square and the recording starts with the -20 seconds start
Old post, I know, but I didn't realize I could do this until I read your post and I just added it to my home screen as well. Definitely a lot easier to press that tile versus trying to locate the camera button and then hold for 3 secs. Thanks for that tidbit!
Appreciate 1
      07-13-2023, 01:27 PM   #49
FireMedic
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

Accident avoidance in '23 45e,I too had an instance where I thought the camera would have recorded but didn't:
Early cold, hard rain/sleet, dark morning. I usually take my truck to work on crappy weather days. Came up to the intersection, two way stop for me. I looked each way and started to proceed and never noticed the oncoming vehicle to my left that had the right away. At that moment the X5 slammed on the brakes, it all happened very quickly so my recollection may be sketchy. I thought what the heck is going on. The oncoming headlights that appeared from the left where now right "there". And now things went into slow motion mode. I thought for sure that I was going to get broadsided and started to brace for impact. They must have slammed on the brakes and began to swerve. As the vehicle flew by the front of the X5 it and narrowly missed the front by inches at best. As I watched in disbelief I thought for sure that they were going to roll as they were on two wheels for a while (suv type vehicle). Then I for sure thought they were going to go in the ditch but they somehow avoided that scenario as well. They ended up at a complete stop in the center of the road and facing the direction from which they came and we're maybe 6-700 feet down from the intersection. It's raining and sleeting quite hard yet and I am fully expecting some giant to step out of the SUV and pound me like a tent stake to which I fully deserved. They gently put it in reverse, turned back in the direction of intended travel and went about their way. I flashed my lights a honked my horn to say that I apologized. Were they going to fast for conditions, maybe. Still was my error that could have ended so much worse. Thankful I had the X5 that day.
I did not think of it until a couple days later to check the drive recorder. There was nothing on file. So I maybe missed it or just didn't meet the requirements. And too, I maybe did not have the settings adjusted correctly.

Last edited by FireMedic; 07-13-2023 at 02:12 PM.. Reason: Clicked submit in error
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2023, 11:42 PM   #50
PVC
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 xDrive

If they could increase the pre-recording from 20 seconds to a full minute, it would be a pretty sweet option.
2015 335i
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2023, 01:42 AM   #51
DonKeedic
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 xDrive45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggler View Post
Jesus Christ dude, I’m simply responding to the folks in the thread who said their system wasn’t configured to record in iD7 in an accident, so reply to them with your nerdy observations, NOT ME. The exact same thing happens/happened in my M340i, so clearly it’s an iD7 issue that isn’t an issue in iD8. I was wandering how long it would take for an obnoxious twat to try and start a pointless dialogue with me as a new X5 owner trying to learn about this platform.
*wondering
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2023, 10:01 AM   #52
aaaaaaaaaz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e (CB/Coffee)

Also for LCI / ID8 vehicle, the trigger button is long press the "parking camera" button, since the dedicated Panorama view button is removed and folded into parking camera.

On ID8 vehicle there is a pop-up on infortainment screen when recording triggered
Appreciate 0