BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

01-01-2015, 02:11 AM   #23
kitw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F91 M8, 991.2 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by purdyawesome View Post
Don't need fancy coilovers. Don't want the back end any lower at all. Want to drop the front end just a little bit- like 1/2"-5/8". Want to close the wheel gap very subtly while minimizing any affect on the stock suspension ride quality and performance handling. Doesn't seem like there is a solution at this time- but do you guys think there will be? If Eibach designed the OEM springs, couldn't they just immediately offer a front-end solution with nearly identical spring rates to the stock setup? I know the sleeve kits are decent- but they are expensive for what I want and like I said, I don't want to touch the rear end. Long story short- I want OEM or equivalent springs for the front end only. Was anything like this offered on the e92?
A couple of companies did this for the E60 M5. Worked fine.

The trick is to only slightly bump the front spring rate. The car will understeer slightly more, but let's be honest, at reasonable speeds, all the oversteer you could possibly want is but a throttle input away

DSC_3369 by Kit W, on Flickr
Appreciate 0