BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-15-2023, 07:03 AM   #67
TechCTU
Major
Rep
Drives: 2025 BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
It’s a warranty issue according to some other threads. Haven’t taken it in yet because I have been traveling but will update the thread when I do.
Did you get it working? What was the fix?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2023, 08:21 PM   #68
OperationSunset
Private
Rep
Drives: ‘21 BMW M2C | '18 Tesla 3P

Just picked up a MY24 X7 M60 today and have the same problem. The highway assistant simply won’t pop up as an option. Everything else works great.

I went through all the steps to make sure data privacy and LED was enabled, along with being logged into BMW ID.

Any ideas on resolution? My CA is not particularly aware.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2023, 10:04 PM   #69
apw2607
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by OperationSunset View Post
Just picked up a MY24 X7 M60 today and have the same problem. The highway assistant simply won’t pop up as an option. Everything else works great.

I went through all the steps to make sure data privacy and LED was enabled, along with being logged into BMW ID.

Make sure the steering wheel is not too low where it can block the cameras looking at the driver. Also although the system does work with sunglasses I would not wear them initially. It seems to confuse the system.

Driver assist + won’t work if the trailer mode is enabled as well.

Finally and this is obvious, but driver assist + won’t be offered to the driver unless driver assist is already enabled and road conditions permit. There are a long list of requirements documented in the owners manual.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2023, 02:26 AM   #70
OperationSunset
Private
Rep
Drives: ‘21 BMW M2C | '18 Tesla 3P

Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post
Make sure the steering wheel is not too low where it can block the cameras looking at the driver. Also although the system does work with sunglasses I would not wear them initially. It seems to confuse the system.

Driver assist + won’t work if the trailer mode is enabled as well.

Finally and this is obvious, but driver assist + won’t be offered to the driver unless driver assist is already enabled and road conditions permit. There are a long list of requirements documented in the owners manual.
I’ll check out the steering wheel thing as well, though I doubt this is the issue because on my 100mi drive home on several interstates, it warned me about distracted driving because I was futzing around with the iDrive. I did also notice that “Highway Assistant Highways” doesn’t show up in map settings either; I’m wondering if the car is missing the right maps for DA+.

The only other thing that comes to mind is the vehicle is still in run-in mode with power restricted. I’m wondering if max power must be available to have DA+ be active?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2023, 09:15 AM   #71
apw2607
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e M-Sport

Quote:

The only other thing that comes to mind is the vehicle is still in run-in mode with power restricted. I’m wondering if max power must be available to have DA+ be active?
Driver assist + was available immediately for me. I used it when i drove back from the dealer after picking the car up. The car had 4 miles on it !

There were a small number of X5s delivered in July I think that didn't have the feature enabled from the factory. Not sure if it effected X7s. If you search the forum you can find some info. Going from memory i think there might have being some error messages on the screen about it though, but not the messages you describe which are typical when the system is restricted for various reasons relating to the driver.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2023, 11:31 PM   #72
geekindenial
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 50e

I tried high way assist on my new 2024 X5 50e for the first time. Turns out there are only 2 options, distance control and drive assist. When conditions are met there is a note on the dash saying driver assist plus ready. The when i let my hands go away from the steering wheel it automatically became assist plus, and steering wheel light indicators turn on.

Just post here in case someone is also trying to figure out how to turn that on as i was.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2023, 04:53 PM   #73
Gene Horr
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 50e

Quote:

Are you getting DAP (the green steering wheel symbol)? If so it is probably working. There isn't any special notification that HA is available from what I've seen. It appears to be based upon a lookup table from the GPS coordinates. If you are in an approved area you get hands free, if not you get DAP. And there is no logic for where you get HA or not (though it tends to be widely available when very close to urban centers). It all depends on their lookup tables. Which they won't release.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2023, 05:10 PM   #74
LDT
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

“Assist plus” shows up in my HUD and on the instrument panel only on limited access highways (freeways).
2015 GL 350--diesel burner/highway queen
2013 Audi S6--a beast in it's day
Appreciate 0