BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-22-2020, 08:57 AM   #45
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaflb View Post
Thanks for sharing GOLFFRR.

Does the dealer need to rerun application again in order to get the new rate and incentive while waiting?
once your lock in time runs out and you still have not picked up a car, yes you would have to re lock with your dealer. Make sure you personally follow up on that process as the salesperson most likely wont remember to ask you.

PS: sorry everyone about any confusion, things can be marked up by dealers (finance/lease/fees)(credit score also plays a role, FYI), hence why I always suggest you do your homework, get the full breakdown of the deal, and post it up in one of those various pricing threads on here so everyone can see it and weigh in. Lots of great knowledgable forum members on here, use that to your advantage!

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18113.00
      09-22-2020, 01:25 PM   #46
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infosec View Post
"I'm going to next dealer who is ready to make honest deal at base MF/rate"
Ha, I wouldn't necessarily call it dishonest (depending) as the dealer has to dip their beak somewhere...

Many of the dealers I've worked with are up front *if asked* about markups and fees. The more experienced salespeople know it just ain't worth their time to play games if the customer is informed - they just move right to "here's what I need to get, we can bake it in a few different ways ..." Those salespeople are gold.

Personally I'm willing to pay a lot more for an experienced CA that's transparent, knows the incentives, the paperwork, the order process, will take my calls after the order (because I'm definitely going to call a few times), and scoots me through delivery without any unexpected last minute sales pitches.

Informed customer service without surprises is worth a lot to me, but those CAs can be hard to find.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 02:57 PM   #47
leasehackr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5, 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Ha, I wouldn't necessarily call it dishonest (depending) as the dealer has to dip their beak somewhere...

Many of the dealers I've worked with are up front *if asked* about markups and fees. The more experienced salespeople know it just ain't worth their time to play games if the customer is informed - they just move right to "here's what I need to get, we can bake it in a few different ways ..." Those salespeople are gold.

Personally I'm willing to pay a lot more for an experienced CA that's transparent, knows the incentives, the paperwork, the order process, will take my calls after the order (because I'm definitely going to call a few times), and scoots me through delivery without any unexpected last minute sales pitches.

Informed customer service without surprises is worth a lot to me, but those CAs can be hard to find.
Agreed - Not dishonest if they are upfront about markup and all the fees they will be charging. I'm too loud to say that.

On the other hand when I was buying leaf, Accord and Camry (on cash) several years ago, I saw so many things added in the final invoice.
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18113.00
      09-22-2020, 05:24 PM   #48
zaflb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infosec View Post
Tell them "you are fired" or "I'm dumping you guys" or "GFU" and "I'm going to next dealer who is ready to make honest deal at base MF/rate"

List attached, pick and choose.
Unfortunately, I don't find any other dealer offers this amount of discount and I don't actually need finance unless there is rebate incentive so the markup is fine to me.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 06:26 PM   #49
MissVito
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X5 M60i, M240ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juney View Post
I am planning to place a new order for a 2021 X5 at dealership for a PCD and wondering the turn around time for the whole process.

I also want to know if any incentives applicable to the X5 will be applied at the time of the order or when I am ready to take delivery .

What if the incentives have an end date and they are applicable at the time of order but expire when the vehicle is built and ready for delivery

Thanks in advance for your responses.
We just picked up our M50i this past Friday. At the time we placed the order in August, any incentives were up in the air. In the end, we got $3750 knocked off the price. $2500 incentive/rebate from USAA, a BMW loyalty discount, and some other discount. (If you lease or finance w/BMW they offered another $1000 off and it can be paid in full in 4 months and keep the discount. We didn't bother as it worked out to only $500 off due to the interest we would have paid)
'14 X5 s35i Lux Line Mineral White/Mocha (re-homed)
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 07:31 PM   #50
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaflb View Post
Unfortunately, I don't find any other dealer offers this amount of discount and I don't actually need finance unless there is rebate incentive so the markup is fine to me.
Just ensure you're getting the same discount WITHOUT financing
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 07:41 PM   #51
zaflb
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Just ensure you're getting the same discount WITHOUT financing
Yeah, that is what the sales said. I can alway walk away from the custom build if they play that trick to me.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 09:37 AM   #52
MissVito
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X5 M60i, M240ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juney View Post
I am planning to place a new order for a 2021 X5 at dealership for a PCD and wondering the turn around time for the whole process.

I also want to know if any incentives applicable to the X5 will be applied at the time of the order or when I am ready to take delivery .

What if the incentives have an end date and they are applicable at the time of order but expire when the vehicle is built and ready for delivery

Thanks in advance for your responses.
We just picked up our special order M50i a week ago. We got the rebates/incentives when we picked it up, not before. They were owner loyalty ($1000), USAA discount ($2500), and some other unknown discount, maybe from the dealer itself. We ended up getting $3750 off. We didn't expect to get that much off as we didn't finance/lease or trade another car in.
'14 X5 s35i Lux Line Mineral White/Mocha (re-homed)
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 01:00 PM   #53
caihongxu
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 x40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
no incentives in our region right now (500$ loyalty should be in your region). There is some in some east coast regions Im seeing, lets hope next month we see some also.
I see the 1.9% rate expires by end of this month. Do you think it will go up or down next month? My custom ordered X5 is on the way and I am struggling whether to lock the rate now.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 03:56 PM   #54
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by caihongxu View Post
I see the 1.9% rate expires by end of this month. Do you think it will go up or down next month? My custom ordered X5 is on the way and I am struggling whether to lock the rate now.
dont know, we dont know till the first part of each month. You can lock in your rates with your dealer for 60 days east coast dealers and 90 days west coast. buzz your dealer who you are working with and ask them to lock you in

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2020, 08:26 AM   #55
m3_08
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M8 conv, IX M60, model Y

so it took 4 weeks from placing deposit to delivery of our x5 45e loaded with merino and exec package. The car is much better than previous x5 and x3 we had so mission accomplished!
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18113.00
      10-11-2020, 02:11 AM   #56
zaflb
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by caihongxu View Post
According to some folks here, if you lock now, you can enjoy the lower rate from next month too.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2020, 07:02 AM   #57
m3_08
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M8 conv, IX M60, model Y

i did lock financing and cash back right away after i put my order. Worked fine 4 weeks later when I took delivery.
Special thanks to GOLFFRR for that tip!
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2020, 02:52 PM   #58
l's bimmer
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive45e

I was told by multiple dealers that you are legible for this month's rate, and any better financing offers that come available for 90 days. (e.g. we ordered August 31, September's offers were not better, but October's were, and our deal agreed we get the extra $500 with financing). Our estimated arrival at Dealer in Seattle is October 25 with August 31th order date for our 2021 X5 xDrive45e
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2020, 11:52 PM   #59
leasehackr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5, 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by l's bimmer View Post
I was told by multiple dealers that you are legible for this month's rate, and any better financing offers that come available for 90 days. (e.g. we ordered August 31, September's offers were not better, but October's were, and our deal agreed we get the extra $500 with financing). Our estimated arrival at Dealer in Seattle is October 25 with August 31th order date for our 2021 X5 xDrive45e
Did you pay MSRP to Seattle dealer?

Heard they are charging MSRP on custom orders.
Appreciate 0