BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-01-2021, 01:31 PM   #243
lhorion
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: X5 45e
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Contact - US specs X5 45e in Belgium

Ninefourteener - I am a belgian living in Houston and contemplating reloc to Belgium with X5 45e. Is there a phone or email to talk. Have a few questions would like to here your experience of getting US spec car homologated for Belgium license plate. My email ludovic.horion@gmail.com // phone 409-600-7203
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2021, 05:40 PM   #244
Ninefourteener
Major
Ninefourteener's Avatar
854
Rep
1,102
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 M50i
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: American in Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhorion View Post
Ninefourteener - I am a belgian living in Houston and contemplating reloc to Belgium with X5 45e. Is there a phone or email to talk. Have a few questions would like to here your experience of getting US spec car homologated for Belgium license plate. My email ludovic.horion@gmail.com // phone 409-600-7203
I got your message, and responded. X5s cost half as much in the US as they do in Belgium after taxes. I'm not sure Belgium would even allow you to do so..... but if they did, they'd rape you in taxes and import fees.

I'm only allowed to do what I did, because I work for the US government, and I fall under the status of forces agreement.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2021, 02:24 AM   #245
X5 45e
Colonel
790
Rep
2,065
Posts

Drives: BMW X5 45e
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 BMW X5 45e  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhorion View Post
Ninefourteener - I am a belgian living in Houston and contemplating reloc to Belgium with X5 45e. Is there a phone or email to talk. Have a few questions would like to here your experience of getting US spec car homologated for Belgium license plate. My email ludovic.horion@gmail.com // phone 409-600-7203
The US version doesn't have the same netto battery capacity as the European version. So if the price difference is not to substantial I would buy the European version.

I don't know if the on board charger it self is different. We have a Mennekes 2 plug on the car. I think the US version has a different one. Some things to think about before making your decision.

The 45e is more complex than a standard car. I wonder if homologation can be a problem.

If you import a new car (I think that is less than 6 months old). I think you will have to pay local taxes. Might be better to drive it for a couple of months and miles. Also something to look into. I don't know the import details.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2021, 12:16 PM   #246
Ninefourteener
Major
Ninefourteener's Avatar
854
Rep
1,102
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 M50i
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: American in Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Haven't posted any progress for awhile.... after all the drama I've experienced..... finally got the car back to BR-P today, and because the car has new software, they were actually able to get a few more HP out of it.

No new dynosheets, all done via datalogging and road testing.
702 hp (+12 from last time)
943 nM (+15 from last time)

So here's my drama:

1 month ago..... get the notification for the new Android Auto update.

Do the update..... Android auto doesn't work. Because.... of course it doesn't.

Popped a check engine light at the same time. Car is MUCH slower. I'm CONVINCED that the update cleared all my tuning.

Went to BR-P.... the tune is STILL on the car. WTF?? Turns out, another one of those f-ing little rodents CHEWED THROUGH MY POST-CAT OXYGEN SENSOR! The reason the car was slower, was because it went into "limp mode" because the 02 sensor was completely severed.

The fact that it happened at EXACTLY the same time I was notified of the update??? That was a complete coincidence.

2 weeks later, bring to BMW, they replace the 02 sensor, and install a critter-scaring noise device under my hood..... that was a $600 bill... uggh.

When they installed the 02 sensor..... they reverted the car back to stock..... so now my tune is REALLY gone.... for real this time.

1.5 more weeks..... finally got the car back to BR-P, where they worked their magic.... and FINALLY the beast is back to the way it should be. Now I can "officially" say my car is over 700 hp. Not "much" over.... but still technically over.

And No.... BR-P didn't charge me a dime. This is all covered under their warrantee. Can't speak highly enough of them.

Last edited by Ninefourteener; 01-22-2021 at 02:15 AM..
Appreciate 1
      01-19-2021, 04:29 PM   #247
DCwell3er
Second Lieutenant
DCwell3er's Avatar
United_States
80
Rep
256
Posts

Drives: 2020 G05
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Belleville, IL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Glad you're back up and running...and with a little more umph too!
__________________
Enjoying life! Missing the warmth of the 305.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 06:40 AM   #248
Ninefourteener
Major
Ninefourteener's Avatar
854
Rep
1,102
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 M50i
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: American in Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnddddddd.... BOOM.

Finally..... BMC comes through with high performance intake filters for the X5m and M50i models (and X6 variants)

Only been waiting for OVER A YEAR!!!!

Already on order..... will do install pics when they arrive.
Attached Images
 
__________________
2020 X5 M50i, Alpine, B&W, Air Susp, anthracite, coffee, **CD player**:
12+ PAGE BUILD THREAD:https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1694019
690HP / 928nM Dynotune:https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1729813
6-Piston X5M Big Brake Kit:https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1779038
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 08:26 AM   #249
M50iMWGuy
Enlisted Member
23
Rep
44
Posts

Drives: 2021 X5 M50i
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Midwest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
Aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnddddddd.... BOOM.

Finally..... BMC comes through with high performance intake filters for the X5m and M50i models (and X6 variants)

Only been waiting for OVER A YEAR!!!!

Already on order..... will do install pics when they arrive.
Nice!

Excited to hear what you think about them and to see how difficult the install will be.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 09:21 AM   #250
Ninefourteener
Major
Ninefourteener's Avatar
854
Rep
1,102
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 M50i
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: American in Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Well.... I've already torn the air boxes apart in an "attempt" to see if standard 50i filters worked.

They didn't... lmao.

I did remove the charcoal filters while I was in there though. 6 or 7 screws per airbox if I recall. Easy stuff.

I've used K&N filters on almost every single one of the 60+ cars I've owned over the past 25 years. Recently K&N as company, took a gigantic dump..... so I'm glad I'm switching g brands. I expect the results to be similar though.

Slight improvement in low end torque. Slight increase in intake sound. Nothing "major" on either account. But.... every little bit helps.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 10:10 AM   #251
M50iMWGuy
Enlisted Member
23
Rep
44
Posts

Drives: 2021 X5 M50i
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Midwest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
I've used K&N filters on almost every single one of the 60+ cars I've owned over the past 25 years. Recently K&N as company, took a gigantic dump..... so I'm glad I'm switching g brands. I expect the results to be similar though.
K&N was one of the first things I did to my 87 Mustang 5.0 back in the early 90s (in addition to Flowmaster's and pulleys). I even put the K&N sticker on the back window - I was convinced that the sticker alone added ~2HP!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 05:20 AM   #252
Ninefourteener
Major
Ninefourteener's Avatar
854
Rep
1,102
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 M50i
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: American in Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M50iMWGuy View Post
K&N was one of the first things I did to my 87 Mustang 5.0 back in the early 90s (in addition to Flowmaster's and pulleys). I even put the K&N sticker on the back window - I was convinced that the sticker alone added ~2HP!
I think we all did something similar to our cars back in the day lol
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2021, 05:25 AM   #253
Ninefourteener
Major
Ninefourteener's Avatar
854
Rep
1,102
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 M50i
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: American in Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Just arrived. More pics once installed
Attached Images
 
__________________
2020 X5 M50i, Alpine, B&W, Air Susp, anthracite, coffee, **CD player**:
12+ PAGE BUILD THREAD:https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1694019
690HP / 928nM Dynotune:https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1729813
6-Piston X5M Big Brake Kit:https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1779038
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2021, 08:28 AM   #254
Ninefourteener
Major
Ninefourteener's Avatar
854
Rep
1,102
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 M50i
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: American in Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Installed.

For those of you that were still uncertain... YES, the X5, X6, and X7 M50i models..... share the same intake boxes and filters with the X5M and X6M.
Attached Images
     
__________________
2020 X5 M50i, Alpine, B&W, Air Susp, anthracite, coffee, **CD player**:
12+ PAGE BUILD THREAD:https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1694019
690HP / 928nM Dynotune:https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1729813
6-Piston X5M Big Brake Kit:https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1779038
Appreciate 1
      02-06-2021, 11:04 PM   #255
ApexG5
New Member
3
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: 2019 Bmw X5
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Absolutely love your build. I am actually looking at the same Vossen wheels in a square 21" setup for my G05 40i. I don't have air and was looking at the 21x9.5 for all four corners. I saw that you have 10.5 on the fronts. How do you like the wider fronts, any problems at all? If I did 10.5 all around it would sure as hell open up some better tire options for me.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2021, 04:58 AM   #256
Ninefourteener
Major
Ninefourteener's Avatar
854
Rep
1,102
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 M50i
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: American in Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexG5 View Post
Absolutely love your build. I am actually looking at the same Vossen wheels in a square 21" setup for my G05 40i. I don't have air and was looking at the 21x9.5 for all four corners. I saw that you have 10.5 on the fronts. How do you like the wider fronts, any problems at all? If I did 10.5 all around it would sure as hell open up some better tire options for me.
Thanks. No, I do not have any issues with 10.5 up front, even lowered.

However, I would NOT advise going with 21s. The available tire choices are extremely minimum. 21x10.5?? That's the stock size on the rear of X5s..... and people are constantly complaining about tire availability.

Go with 22s. Much more tire choices.
__________________
2020 X5 M50i, Alpine, B&W, Air Susp, anthracite, coffee, **CD player**:
12+ PAGE BUILD THREAD:https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1694019
690HP / 928nM Dynotune:https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1729813
6-Piston X5M Big Brake Kit:https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1779038
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2021, 08:34 PM   #257
jpichardo91
Enlisted Member
5
Rep
33
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW x5 M50i
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Bronxville, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
Haven't posted any progress for awhile.... after all the drama I've experienced..... finally got the car back to BR-P today, and because the car has new software, they were actually able to get a few more HP out of it.

No new dynosheets, all done via datalogging and road testing.
702 hp (+12 from last time)
943 nM (+15 from last time)

So here's my drama:

1 month ago..... get the notification for the new Android Auto update.

Do the update..... Android auto doesn't work. Because.... of course it doesn't.

Popped a check engine light at the same time. Car is MUCH slower. I'm CONVINCED that the update cleared all my tuning.

Went to BR-P.... the tune is STILL on the car. WTF?? Turns out, another one of those f-ing little rodents CHEWED THROUGH MY POST-CAT OXYGEN SENSOR! The reason the car was slower, was because it went into "limp mode" because the 02 sensor was completely severed.

The fact that it happened at EXACTLY the same time I was notified of the update??? That was a complete coincidence.

2 weeks later, bring to BMW, they replace the 02 sensor, and install a critter-scaring noise device under my hood..... that was a $600 bill... uggh.

When they installed the 02 sensor..... they reverted the car back to stock..... so now my tune is REALLY gone.... for real this time.

1.5 more weeks..... finally got the car back to BR-P, where they worked their magic.... and FINALLY the beast is back to the way it should be. Now I can "officially" say my car is over 700 hp. Not "much" over.... but still technically over.

And No.... BR-P didn't charge me a dime. This is all covered under their warrantee. Can't speak highly enough of them.
Damm , Wish Br-P was here in USA.
Would love to do a tune with them
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2021, 10:15 AM   #258
Ninefourteener
Major
Ninefourteener's Avatar
854
Rep
1,102
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 M50i
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: American in Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Fun with camera settings.... Lol
Attached Images
   
Appreciate 2
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:59 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST